Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Ernie, thank you for that report on the CS. After my previous experience, I won't hesitate to change the shocks on the CS after it is deliverer after what you just said. I know the Konis don't make it perfect, but a heck of a lot more manageable and comfortable to drive.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
The 14,000 lb. max would explain a lot - we were at 16,250 on a 17,000 lb. axle. It would appear that we are seriously under shocked - is that even an expression? How do I determine which Koni is appropriate for our coach? I know there have been other threads about where to purchase. If someone has the link saved, would you mind sending that to me? We have limited internet at this campground and no cell service. Doesn't make for easy searches. We'll at least order a set for the fronts and then either get them installed when we are at Spartan or sooner if it becomes more of a safety issue.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:16 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Linda, here is the contact information. Check the shock number, this was the one for the Anthem. These guys are as sharp as they come. https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Koni...eyco-IFS-Front
Old 07-05-2018, 12:01 PM   #32

I will be contacting NHTSA on these shocks.......Entegra or Spartan will have to answer for this gross negligence(in my opinion and others) of improper shock selection for this heavy an axle. Recall.

Mitch
Hdmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdmod View Post
I will be contacting NHTSA on these shocks.......Entegra or Spartan will have to answer for this gross negligence(in my opinion and others) of improper shock selection for this heavy an axle. Recall.
Double check the rating of the current shocks. I am only stating what was on my Classic and my experience.
Old 07-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
We changed to Koni on our classic Anthem and my wife was the first one to really notice the difference. For us we have noticed instead of bouncing 3 and 4 times we bounce once and then it levels out

Wife said it was a great improvement

We bought the shocks at shock warehouse.com for $195 each delivered and it was $125 to install as it took them about an hour
Old 07-12-2018, 06:12 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
I had a text yesterday from a forum member that has ordered Koni's while traveling as the porpoising is so bad. I am really anxious to hear if it solves the problem on the new Aspires like it did with the Classic Anthems. After seeing the photo that was posted of the 46mm Aspire shock, I am betting the Koni's will solve the problem. Less than the cost of a tank of fuel on the West coast to find out. I can't wait to hear the report.

Another nice part of the text was how great the 19 was on the road and in the high temperatures of the desert. Now I am getting excited about our delivery.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #36

I'm wondering if it makes sense to have the Koni's installed when we go to the Spartan Academy in October. I think some have gone that route. For those that have I would be curious if you purchased the Koni's elsewhere and just had them installed at Spartan or if you bought them at Spartan also.

The porpoising is really bad with our coach. It is surprisingly much worse than it was in our Berkshire which did not have a tag and which had a solid front axle.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:40 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
I'm wondering if it makes sense to have the Koni's installed when we go to the Spartan Academy in October. I think some have gone that route. For those that have I would be curious if you purchased the Koni's elsewhere and just had them installed at Spartan or if you bought them at Spartan also.

The porpoising is really bad with our coach. It is surprisingly much worse than it was in our Berkshire which did not have a tag and which had a solid front axle.

We had the Koni’s installed on our Anthem in 2016 while attending Spartan Academy. They made a difference, especially on the bridge transitions. They were working on our coach anyway; inspection, new radiator, new air dryer assembly (found during the inspection & replaced under warranty) & Koni’s. You may be able to save a few $ by shopping around, but we went for convenience.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Mine were purchased and installed at Spartan during annual service. Made a big difference on my 42DEQ.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:08 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Ed, purchasing at Spartan or the rvsupply link that's been posted are only a couple of dollars difference. A front end shop or truck shop is about $100. average for installation.
I didn't want to wait and ordered mine.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #40

Chuck, as always you are extremely helpful. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Chuck, as always you are extremely helpful. Thanks again.
Thank you Ed. Now that I am at a computer here is the link with the part number for the new Aspires. https://www.ultrarvproducts.com/Koni...eyco-IFS-Front
Anxious to hear a report from a new Aspire owner that has changed shocks. It might help many others.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

One thing Spartan told me when I was shock shopping was that they will remove them and not charge if you don't like the difference. Don't know if that's still true, but might swing your thinking one way or the other.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote