Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2016, 02:10 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Portable Grills

I also failed basic searching on IRV2. I know they have been discussed several times since we have been on the forum but I can't find any discussions on grills.

We have decided to get a gas grill but the available products and wildly variable reviews make selection a major gamble. We currently have an electric grill that was part of the "camping package" when we bought our Thor at MHSRV, only used it a couple times and not too inclined to use it any more.

So far looks like Weber (which one), Aussie or Cuisinart. I considered Coleman until I read you can't cook with the lid closed, we like grilled pizza so that takes it out of contention.

What do you carry for a grill? We don't plan on grilling for more than 2 with an occasional addition of a grandkid or 2.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #2

Wow, I never heard of grilled pizza.

Must have to keep opening the lid to check on the flame....Maybe I have had it, but don't remember....
FireEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
We have decided to get a gas grill but the available products and wildly variable reviews make selection a major gamble.
We don't plan on grilling for more than 2 with an occasional addition of a grandkid or 2.
Friends have the 205 stainless steel https://goo.gl/rfejCf tabletop gas grill. They like it
Can be used as tabletop or outside with foldable legs and the hood can be locked while on the road.
voyaginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We carry the Weber Baby Q 100 which has been discontinued but this one seems to be the same. It has a removable throw away pan underneath to catch all the drippings so you can use it as a table top grill.

Weber® Q® 1000™ | Weber.com

Instead of using the small gas canisters we purchased a small tank at Lowe's for carrying in the RV basement storage.

Shop Worthington Pro Grade 4.25-lb Propane Tank at Lowes.com

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:59 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyaginator View Post
Friends have the 205 stainless steel https://goo.gl/rfejCf tabletop gas grill. They like it
Can be used as tabletop or outside with foldable legs and the hood can be locked while on the road.
We just bought that grill to replaced the last of a long line of rusted out cheap table top grills. Have been trying it out at home before heading south. So far it has been great. There is a hot spot on the left side where the burner makes a U turn but that's OK with me. I just cook for the well done crowd on that side. We also take along a 20lb tank and adapter hose so we don't have to fool around with the little bottles.

We went with stainless steel because we are parked on the ocean and the cheapo steel ones wouldn't last two seasons. These were made in the USA but sadly they are made in China now. We will see if the imported SS holds up.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:08 PM   #6

Love grilled pizza. But then...love pizza!! We've had the Perfect Flame stainless tabletop for years. We also have a Coleman on wheels, but only take that one with us when we have the trailer. It's pretty heavy. We use the small gas cans and/or the 2 1/2er with a hose attached This grill is perfect in size and weight. The heat shield finally burned out, so I went to a body shop and got a damaged door from one of their repairs. I measured the old, cut the same pattern in the new, then put it on the grill and ran it on high until all the paint was nearly gone. That's the only problem we've ever had with this grill, and it's actually just from a LOT of use. I think it also sells under the name Perfect Match.
B Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We use the Weber Q220 - Love the grill although the autostart no longer works. Uses the same drip pans as mentioned above. The extra size and height are useful for us.

Also had an extra 20 lb tank so we use that. As overkill we carry an 11 lb'er in case we run out. Interesting that the 11 was more than a 20.

We can do some fairly serious grilling for more than just us, but there is no location for indirect heat.
Old 09-24-2016, 03:32 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We use the Weber Q220 as well and purchased the folding cart as well. I ordered mine thru Lowes. Also, I line the bottom and drip pan with foil. Make clean up a breeze when leaving camp
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 03:44 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the $6.00 Walmart portable charcoal grille. It fits in one of those blue shopping bag & stows nicely.

i employ the matchlite charcoal , the coals are ready to cook when our wine glass is empty.

The added benefit.....when cooking is done, I dump the foals in the fire pit & put a couple of logs on top. About the time our meal is done, we sip our coffee by the fire
Old 09-24-2016, 03:57 PM   #10

We also use the Weber Baby Q 100. Started out with the 200 but decided to downsize to the 100 as it is plenty big enough for 2 people and the occasional guest or 2. The 100 has been replaced by the 1000 but if you decide on this brand I'd look at the 1200. It comes with the side tables where the 1000 does not
Old 09-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #11

campchef

We have a campchef with a grill box, so i can cook or grill. They also make a pizza oven for them. The pro30 has all kinds of cool accessories, albeit not cheap, but is a high quality and rugged burner/grill/griddle/pizza oven, and is able to sear steaks very well (very important to me).
the one we use is here:
Pro 30 Single Burner Stove

their website is here:
Camp Chef

Love mine.
Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
We have a portable char broil. It's ok - but food in it is not like our big green egg at home. For the two weeks I've been home, I think I have grilled something every night but two!
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:15 PM   #13

I use the Coleman Road Trip. It is great heats fast, cooks fast, folds and stores easily underneath the MH.
I always cook with the top closed. Have never tried pizza tho. Griddle plates can be purchased for cooking breakfast.

Al Sawyer
'05 Mt. Aire
allynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #14

Never heard that you can't cook with the Coleman lid closed? I do it all the time, mine is going on 10 years old and still no problems, I went with Coleman because it had the most Btu's, don't know any new specs?