Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2016, 02:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Possible Reason for PS front window separation

Just got home from Middlebury and PDI and on the way back we experienced the dreaded PS small window separation on the bottom part. Entegra was kind enough to send me a new window even though we were 2 weeks out of warranty.

While replacing the window I noticed that the inner pane was not pressing against the foam strip around the bottom and half way up each side. This meant that any closing pressure by turning the knob was being applied to the outer glass pane against the two rubber strips mounted on the outside of the frame and pulling the two panes apart.

I checked all my other windows and they are fine.

I added the extra piece of foam weather stripping at the bottom and half way up each side with a taper at the ends. Attachment 125593
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	125594  

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2016, 06:41 PM   #2

we have had the same issue twice, i questioned the window frame design with customer service, they didn't mention that it was a common issue, so far i've had 4 windows replaced while under warranty, good idea on the foam, next time a use the coach i will perform that task
Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #3

We had one go bad a couple of years ago, then low and behold, that one went bad a couple of months ago. Same reason, when closed, pressure on the outside pane separates from the inner pane when closed.
lp5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:33 PM   #4

Ah! So that's where the rattle is coming from by my wife's right ear!
midasman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window