Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2015, 08:08 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Ours is cracking/blistering on our 2012 down the length of the coach. Tedd told me to use Alpha Self Leveling stuff. I am not looking forward to removing ~90' of old caulk, but its going to have to get done soon before the cracks start to open up... I may have to look into the Eternabond option. I had to reseal a corner of the slide roof where the factory tape pulled away and it was raining on the dinette table.
jbreault is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2015, 12:08 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
If the Eternabod is applied correctly, it will not pull away. Clean where the Eternabond is to be applied with lacquer thinner, it will not come loose. It was on my TS for 10 years and still looked new. Potential buyers loved it when they saw how great it looked compared to other MH's they had looked at that had annual caulking globs everywhere. One buyer told me he walked away from a coach that had so many caulking spots, he thought it had a roof problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If the Eternabod is applied correctly, it will not pull away. Clean where the Eternabond is to be applied with lacquer thinner, it will not come loose. It was on my TS for 10 years and still looked new. Potential buyers loved it when they saw how great it looked compared to other MH's they had looked at that had annual caulking globs everywhere. One buyer told me he walked away from a coach that had so many caulking spots, he thought it had a roof problem.
Any chance of seeing before and after photos with the Eternabond?

-paul
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #18

Sorry, no before but here is an after of an application of etrnabond around my skylight. I've done all of my roof seams. Total cost $125.00 for two rolls of tape.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1426704911.645440.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  93.4 KB
Newmar2856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 01:00 PM   #19

Here is the seam along the roofline and a small patch were I had a small hole from what looked like a hot ember.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1426705134.014239.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  81.6 KB
Old 03-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanz View Post
Any chance of seeing before and after photos with the Eternabond?

-paul
Here is the TS after, never took a before shot as I did that roof as soon as I brought it home. I have not done the Entegra yet as I want to make a trip on it first to make sure all of our major problems have ended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Tape 002 (Small).jpg
Views:	119
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	88857  
Old 03-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #21

All repairs with the Eternabond look good, but how does it look in regards to the Entegra product? Will the tape be seen from below looking up? Specifically if used on the seams where the roof and wall meet? I would be in favor to using the tape, but if it could be seen I would think it wouldn't look right....

-paul
Old 03-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Ditto here on Eternabond. It is wonderful stuff. Puts an end to constant sealant repairs. Once and done. Make sure no to put in on in too narrow a strip. You should have at least an inch of it in contact with not your sealant but going beyond the sealant onto your roof. Be sure to follow the directions and you will be very happy with it.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
All repairs with the Eternabond look good, but how does it look in regards to the Entegra product? Will the tape be seen from below looking up? Specifically if used on the seams where the roof and wall meet? I would be in favor to using the tape, but if it could be seen I would think it wouldn't look right....

-paul
When you get up on your roof you will see the sealant is way back from the sides and end caps. The Eternabond will never be seen from the ground. Entegra sealant line photo. Sealant is behind the Girards and will never be seen. Here are the colors available.....EternaBond RoofSeal black will be the closets to our roof seal color. The product can be bought for a lot less from other online suppliers. I have seen the 4" x 50' as low as $48.00 a roll. It will take 3 rolls.
This site is $51.55 there may have been a price increase https://www.bigrocksupply.com/store/...n-x-50-ft.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01776.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	88864  
Old 03-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #24

One other thought on Eternabond tape: Dicor also makes a similar product however I found the Eternabond brand tape easier to work with. The key to putting it on is removing any lose caulk, clean it well and make sure it is completely dry.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:51 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor1920 View Post
One other thought on Eternabond tape: Dicor also makes a similar product however I found the Eternabond brand tape easier to work with. The key to putting it on is removing any lose caulk, clean it well and make sure it is completely dry.
Some good points. Enternabond has been around forever and now other sealant companies that said it wouldn't work on MH's are copying it. The slide seams on top of the slides have been sealed using Eternabond for as long has I have had a MH with slides. Much easier on slide seals than globs of caulking tearing them up.

That is why I want to do my Entegra while it is new, removing loose caulking is a job. Much easier to do Eternabond before it is needed.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That is why I want to do my Entegra while it is new, removing loose caulking is a job. Much easier to do Eternabond before it is needed.
I would agree with this since I went thru it about 4yrs ago.

Question - Will this effect your warranty with Entegra?

-paul
Old 03-19-2015, 12:35 PM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

Question - Will this effect your warranty with Entegra?
-paul
No, but they don't like to work on anything Eternabond covers.
That is the only reason I am hold off on doing mine until I have a chance to use the MH in some hard rains. If we have rain any hard rains forecast before we leave, I might be able to leak check and do the Eternabond before we leave for the summer.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Don't apply Eternabond while under the original warranty. I did, and when a leak developed, Entegra wanted to blame it on the Eternabond. They agreed to work on it, but in order to get to the sealant they had to remove the Eternabond, not an easy process. And now I have to start over again with Eternabond when my warranty ends. For these reasons, you are best off to wait until your warranty expires.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote