Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2016, 03:26 PM   #1

Power Pulse

Pulsetech PowerPulse 12-Volt Battery Maintenance System

I was told this was a great product to make our coach batteries last longer. Anyone know about them?

Thanks,
Doug
AspireDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2016, 05:54 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
PJ was talking about them in his class and said the Entegra uses them in the shop to keep batteries charged and de-sulfated.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:58 PM   #3

Power Pulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireDoug View Post
Pulsetech PowerPulse 12-Volt Battery Maintenance System

I was told this was a great product to make our coach batteries last longer. Anyone know about them?

Thanks,

Doug

I've been running one on my 4 house batteries and one on my 2 chassis batteries for about 5 years now. They are a desulfurization devise. I didn't add them when the batteries were new and, of course, have no way to really evaluate their effectiveness. I understand the technology was developed for the military as they use lots of batteries. When I replace my house batteries, I will add one more so there will be one on each pair.

My house batteries are 7 years old and my chassis batteries are 6 years old.

http://www.pulsetech.net/PP12L-Power...stem-7291.aspx
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:08 PM   #4

No experience with PowerPulse itself, but specialized pulsing chargers do work for desulfation.

The company I worked for developed and sold industrial pulse chargers that did that very well. They used KHz pulses like the PowerPulse however they also used massive capacitors to power the pulse.

I did a lot of engineering studies and side by side testing, and pulsing can definitely desulfatiion a lead acid battery.

In my studies the pulsing rates had to be above 1KHz and preferably above 5KHz to have maximum effect. PowerPulse is definitely above that level.

However I also tested devices that seem similar to the PowerPulse, that just turn the power on/off at a high rate (typically 100's of Hz) without the added benefit of capacitors the benefits were minimal to non existent.

That said, I never did any long term studies with a small pulse charger like this one to see if it prevented (or maintained) the battery better. Plus they are pulsing at a higher speed than the ones I tested.

It shouldn't hurt anything, and may help prevent or minimize sulfation. I just wouldn't count on it to reverse an already abused battery.

Steve
photraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 08:06 AM   #5

I saw on the Newell site yesterday that they install these units on their new coaches. It's less than a C-note to get two of them for the coach batteries.

Doug
AspireDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Resurrecting an old thread here while following some other current threads that mentioned this product. Does anyone here know how many of these and the specific model #s would be required for the two banks of four 6-V house batteries in a '15 Anthem, and how to wire them up? Seems like this would be a wise investment.

Also is my assumption that one unit would work for the two engine starting batteries correct?
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:47 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post
Resurrecting an old thread here while following some other current threads that mentioned this product. Does anyone here know how many of these and the specific model #s would be required for the two banks of four 6-V house batteries in a '15 Anthem, and how to wire them up? Seems like this would be a wise investment.

Also is my assumption that one unit would work for the two engine starting batteries correct?
Pat Bauer has them installed on his coach so I am sure he will chime in with all the pertinent info.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #8
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Trying to correlate the manual for the "Power Pulse 12 Volt Desulfator PP-12-L" to my battery setup: it looks like you would apply one of these devices to each 12-V pair of batteries, so four of these for the 8-house batteries. ?
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
I used one on my previous 05 Country Coach Inspire and was advised that my 08 Intrigue would need two of the units for the 4 8D's.
JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power