Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2014, 04:47 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Precision Painting Still Working Cornerstones

It would appear that Precision continues to paint at least Cornerstones as there are 4 or 5 here at Bremen awaiting paint (deliveries mid to late November completions). A drive by the main painting plant showed just Senecas outside awaiting paint (as opposed to last year when there were at least 8 of all three coach types a day sitting outside waiting to go into the paint factory in Bremen).

Paul indicated that it isn't a surprise as you don't stand up a paint line overnight

For those with inquiring minds.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #2

Glad to hear they are still involved.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:47 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting, if Etegra continues to trust Precision to paint their premier coach then it sounds like their issue must be related to volume throughput. Speaking for myself with a Precision painted coach it gives me piece of mind.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I spoke with Jacob about Precision yesterday and they are still using them for some of their work as Entegra's paint shop is not 100% ramped up yet. They also still have Precision warranty paint work that has to be taken care of so they are keeping a working relationship with Precision until those are resolved, and the reason for the conversation. They way sales are increasing at Entegra, Precision may be working with Entegra for a long time as the paint is one of the biggest bottle necks in production.

I am sure that Entegra will continue to send upgrade work to Precision so the relationship has not severed.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #5

Paint Problems on my 2014 Anthem.

After taking delivery of my 2014 DLQ this April I started finding more and more flaws in the finish. What I thought was dirt was silver paint splattered on the maroon paint, then clear coated over. The left side from the back axle to the motor access cover will have to be repainted. Motor cover had dirt and a bug in the paint. Also every motor cover I have seen had poorly formed louvers just below the 450 HP badge. The tail lights have paint voids, white showing. The radiator louvers were sprayed from one direction only, leaving an abundance of unpainted metal. Paint peel around the slideout trim in 3 places. And polishing compound EVERYWHERE. Droplets all over the coach, plus some compartment latch handles have globs of compound in them. The phone techs at Entegra told me the only was to remove them was with more compound. I'm concerned about getting swirls in the finish. There are several other paint issues I won't list.

Entegra arranged for an estimate at a Texas body shop That was over $6000. Entegra wants me to return it to the factory, on their nickel, which I will probably do in November. It's a 2400 total miles trip but they will also take care of a laundry list of defects that have surfaced.

Needless to say, my opinion of the quality of workmanship at Precision is pretty low. The coach looks great, but after washing and hand drying it, defects became apparent.

On the plus side I would love to tour the factory and meet some of the phone technicians I have become acquainted with.
palmerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Precision painted my Travel Supreme in 2002 and that paint job was flawless, it still looked new when I sold it last year. The Entegra...lots of do-overs with more coming. What a shame.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:57 PM   #7

Sad but happens to many shops as they grow. Volume increases mean new people must be added this always lowers quality. Like it or not it is very hard to paint such a big item and not have issues. Painting these is a art form not a factory job and those that can do it are not easy to find. A company I used to work for did custom paint and even murals on Semi trucks and trailers it was not uncommon for them to spend a week or more in the paint booth then several days doing final prep and touch up before the final clear coat could be applied. I have had 5 trucks on the cover of American Trucker 2 of them were totaled by the insurance company before we rebuilt them and painted them. It is time consuming detail work with zero room for error.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:20 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmerhouse View Post
After taking delivery of my 2014 DLQ this April I started finding more and more flaws in the finish. What I thought was dirt was silver paint splattered on the maroon paint, then clear coated over. The left side from the back axle to the motor access cover will have to be repainted. Motor cover had dirt and a bug in the paint. Also every motor cover I have seen had poorly formed louvers just below the 450 HP badge. The tail lights have paint voids, white showing. The radiator louvers were sprayed from one direction only, leaving an abundance of unpainted metal. Paint peel around the slideout trim in 3 places. And polishing compound EVERYWHERE. Droplets all over the coach, plus some compartment latch handles have globs of compound in them. The phone techs at Entegra told me the only was to remove them was with more compound. I'm concerned about getting swirls in the finish. There are several other paint issues I won't list.

Entegra arranged for an estimate at a Texas body shop That was over $6000. Entegra wants me to return it to the factory, on their nickel, which I will probably do in November. It's a 2400 total miles trip but they will also take care of a laundry list of defects that have surfaced.

Needless to say, my opinion of the quality of workmanship at Precision is pretty low. The coach looks great, but after washing and hand drying it, defects became apparent.

On the plus side I would love to tour the factory and meet some of the phone technicians I have become acquainted with.
I'm having the exact same problems with my paint job on my 2015 Anthem. Overspray; clear coated dings in the paint; bay door handles with overspray; paint chips under the slideouts; paint spots in the running lights; etc. The more I look at my coach the more I realize the paint job is awful...which makes me ill. My local service center contacted Entegra who wanted pictures. He took and emailed them. No response...a month goes by. I call them. Entegra tells me that the pictures that were sent were too small and they couldn't see the paint issues clearly (now, they didn't call my service center back and tell them) so they wanted more. I sent them. It was a month last week and no response. So, I emailed them gently reminding them of me and my problem. They called the next day and told me that they had received the pictures but they didn't get to the correct person. They asked me to locate a local paint facility...there are none where we live, so I found two in east Texas. The CS rep at Entegra took the information and said he'd be back with me in a couple of days. It's now been a week and no response. My frustration is growing. Entegra is a good company and has been there to help me in the past. However, after reading your post, I know Entegra is going to want me to return it to the factory which is 1600 miles round trip. Can you share with me the details of what Entegra is doing for you in returning your Anthem? I know you said they're paying your fuel...are you staying in your coach? how long will you be there? do you have a definite appointment to have it painted? Are they covering your expenses while you're there? We really love our coach in fact, this our second Entegra. But this paint issue is serious to me and their lack of interest in my problem is really frustrating me. thanks.
donkhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkhris View Post
I'm having the exact same problems with my paint job on my 2015 Anthem. Overspray; clear coated dings in the paint; bay door handles with overspray; paint chips under the slideouts; paint spots in the running lights; etc. The more I look at my coach the more I realize the paint job is awful...which makes me ill. My local service center contacted Entegra who wanted pictures. He took and emailed them. No response...a month goes by. I call them. Entegra tells me that the pictures that were sent were too small and they couldn't see the paint issues clearly (now, they didn't call my service center back and tell them) so they wanted more. I sent them. It was a month last week and no response. So, I emailed them gently reminding them of me and my problem. They called the next day and told me that they had received the pictures but they didn't get to the correct person. They asked me to locate a local paint facility...there are none where we live, so I found two in east Texas. The CS rep at Entegra took the information and said he'd be back with me in a couple of days. It's now been a week and no response. My frustration is growing. Entegra is a good company and has been there to help me in the past. However, after reading your post, I know Entegra is going to want me to return it to the factory which is 1600 miles round trip. Can you share with me the details of what Entegra is doing for you in returning your Anthem? I know you said they're paying your fuel...are you staying in your coach? how long will you be there? do you have a definite appointment to have it painted? Are they covering your expenses while you're there? We really love our coach in fact, this our second Entegra. But this paint issue is serious to me and their lack of interest in my problem is really frustrating me. thanks.
I feel for you. This should never happen in the first place. hope you get it worked out
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paint