Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2018, 02:08 PM   #1

Private sell

Putting our 2017 44B Anthem up for sale. How does one handle the tire kickers vs serious buyers? We know if we sell it back to dealer we will be lowballed. Thinking of RV Trader and iRV classifieds.
Tom and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #2

I sold my last diesel pusher on RV Trader. I only had serious “buyers” contacting me. First people that looked at it bought it. I was lucky. I think you will find out quickly if you’re experiencing low ballers or whatever. You can tell by the questions if they are serious or not.
Can I ask why you’re selling?
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737 Driver View Post
I sold my last diesel pusher on RV Trader. I only had serious “buyers” contacting me. First people that looked at it bought it. I was lucky. I think you will find out quickly if you’re experiencing low ballers or whatever. You can tell by the questions if they are serious or not.
Can I ask why you’re selling?
We have been full time going on five years and wife is having health issues and it is time to move back to a real home. It has been a wonderful 4 plus years traveling and seeing our wonderful country.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #4

I buy lots of equipment and tools etc. on websites. If the ad says must sell, or need gone etc, you can expect some lowballers. If an ad says firm price, they generally are firm on their price, so lowballers wont waste their time. If you are firm on your price, state so and avoid the lowballers. Tire kickers are another story. Dont hold it for anyone without a good sized deposit. People will tell you they will be back at such a time with the money, and you never see them again. Proper wording of your ad will save you lots of grief.
Old 05-09-2018, 03:19 PM   #5

We are almost in the same position wanting to get back to a house. Selling the coach is a real issue to me, I'm no salesman. Have you considered consignment?
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
We are almost in the same position wanting to get back to a house. Selling the coach is a real issue to me, I'm no salesman. Have you considered consignment?
We have considered consignment but I don't think our insurance allows it.Also we don't trust our dealer to take care of the coach like we have. We are very particular how our coach is treated.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom and Sandy View Post
We have been full time going on five years and wife is having health issues and it is time to move back to a real home. It has been a wonderful 4 plus years traveling and seeing our wonderful country.
Very sorry to hear about your wife's health issues. Our health is something we all take for granted until something happens. Our thoughts are with you both.

Tor
2017 Anthem 44B
737 Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #8

Rvt and RVTrader are great sources, Be very descriptive in your add and post as many detailed photos as you can. Nothing like having people waste your time on wanting more photos and then you never hear back... look at comparable 17 anthems by private sale sellers and go a little less if you want to be aggressive or stick it with the masses and be patient
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #9

A neighbor who is a good friend of mine had a Tiffin Zephyr for several years and decided motorcoaches was not for his wife Anyhow, I helped him photo his coach fairly extensively (it was used very little). We placed the advert with RV Trader and within a week he had a call from someone interested, who then flew in the next week to look at it, and bought it. It was painless and quick and worked very well for him. I have heard others say that the more pictures you publish, the faster it sells, so dont take the default, and pay for additional pix.

I really worry about the money transfer issues, but he said "I just let the two banks work it out.... I didnt give him the keys until my banker called me and told me, OK all the money is here and you can give him the keys". I liked that.

I hate selling anything myself, which is why I have way to much stuff that is too good to give to Goodwill, but I dont need anymore, and yet, its still stored somewhere in my garage, attic, storage building.... So I understand your hesitation!!

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:00 PM   #10

I have had 14 coaches and sold all but 3 of them privately. I have sold and Entegra, London Aire and our Mountain Aire in the last 4 years. Sold them on Rv trader and they sold within a few weeks.

The key is good photos, good description and here is the hard part....a fair price. It will sell for what the market will bear. If you get emotional in the pricing it will sit. If you price it right it will pop especially in this hot market.

Good luck!!
zman62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 04:34 AM   #11

I’m very sorry to hear about the changes in health. Moving to the next chapter of life will include all those fantastic memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
The key is good photos, good description and here is the hard part....a fair price. It will sell for what the market will bear. If you get emotional in the pricing it will sit. If you price it right it will pop especially in this hot market.

Good luck!!
Having sold only one coach privately, I completely agree with this statement. Provide a LOT of high quality images. Have a detailed maintenance history.

Take a look at NADA and then compare what you determine to what similar coaches are listed for. If you want it to move, price it 5-10% below everything else on the market.

Good luck,

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:09 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
One thing I did when I sold our '15 was make a video (narrated) and provided a YouTube link in the ad. I did have one guy who said "Just send me your banking info and I'll pay full price" Another said full price from PayPal but I'd need to pay the "delivery driver" about a grand up front. So, be careful...Have them wire to your bank (we opened an account with nothing in it just to receive the money) and then sign over the title and hand the keys.

NIRVC has a program that will help with paperwork, titling, and financing for a small fee, and they have a consignment program
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here’s one of the better threads on the subject:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/just-...ml#post3840693
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #14

Lot of good suggestions here. I’ll add a couple of more from our experience:

1. RVT.com allows you to pay a little extra to have your ad featured on their home page. (I don’t know if RVTrader.com has the same feature but would expect they do.) Your ad won’t be the only ad on the home page, but it will be one of a number of ads that rotate by as prospective buyers open up the web site. I paid the extra money to do that and felt it was worthwhile.

2. Related to #1 above, make sure the first photo in your group of photos is unique & different enough to draw attention. If you go on RVT.com or RV Trader.com you’ll find that 98% of the ads have basically the same photo as the first photo in the ad. What you want is a photo that says, “Imagine yourself here, in this motorhome!” or something to that effect.

Below are the first photos I used in the ads I ran for our 2007 Winnebago Vectra and our 2010 Tiffin Allegro Bus. I’m not suggesting either is an award-winning photograph; just that they draw more attention than a boring shot of the front end of a motorhome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vectra Lakeside.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	270.9 KB
ID:	202306   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-At Bella Terra-2012-10.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	202307  

LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags