Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2015, 03:26 AM   #1
rdm

Entegra Owners Club
Pumps on AquaHot 400LP

Morning
Just received my replacement pumps from Aqua hot for our Aspire.
My coach is not here at present
Aqua hot Sent two pumps for our unit.
How many pumps are on a 400LP.
these pumps are for Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Thanks
rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2015, 04:49 AM   #2
rdm

Entegra Owners Club
thanks

Thanks Chuck
Our AquaHot has been performing without trouble
Guess we will put these pumps on
are we able to keep the old ones.
rdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 04:53 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Ray, I spent more time on AH site and I am not sure if I was correct or not so I deleted that post. No, we are not able to keep our old pumps, I tried They were adamant that the pumps be returned and the tech took them with him. http://aquahot.com/aquahot.com/media...Sell_Sheet.pdf

They said with the new pumps we wouldn't need spares anymore....sure hope they are right
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Ray, I spent more time on AH site and I am not sure if I was correct or not so I deleted that post. No, we are not able to keep our old pumps, I tried They were adamant that the pumps be returned and the tech took them with him. http://aquahot.com/aquahot.com/media...Sell_Sheet.pdf

They said with the new pumps we wouldn't need spares anymore....sure hope they are right
Chuck, I just received the new AH pumps (4 of them) by mail. They told me that anyone I choose could put them in at AH's cost. There was no mention of returning the old pumps. Maybe when the installer I choose (probably my dealer) asks for payment, the old pumps will be requested by AH.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8804 View Post
Chuck, I just received the new AH pumps (4 of them) by mail. They told me that anyone I choose could put them in at AH's cost. There was no mention of returning the old pumps. Maybe when the installer I choose (probably my dealer) asks for payment, the old pumps will be requested by AH.
Robert,

Have you or anyone else considered changing out their own pumps? Is it that difficult? Received our notice for the pumps as well when we got home but not sure if I want to drive all the way to Sicards to get them changed out. Hmmm.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:22 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
Robert,

Have you or anyone else considered changing out their own pumps? Is it that difficult? Received our notice for the pumps as well when we got home but not sure if I want to drive all the way to Sicards to get them changed out. Hmmm.
Hi Don,
The pumps come with a very clear multi-page illustrated guide to replacement. It looks fairly easy to do, but as you know the placement is a bit awkward. To replace one pump, the burner has to be taken out. I'm tempted to do it myself, but I have an appointment at Sicard's in May and the Entegra PDI in June. I'll get the work done in one place or the other, probably Sicard.

If Sicard balks, do you want to get together somewhere and do two of them? Ray (rdm), are you also interested?
Old 04-29-2015, 12:21 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
I asked AH when they sent me the pump, this was before the letter and they said no. As soon as the tech came out to install the pumps he said he had to have them before he would even start the swap. I imagine as soon as the dealer asked for the OK to install the pumps, AH will ask for them back.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:31 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Robert,

It is an easy swap. Do have a set of hose clamps on hand or vice grips to clamp off the fluid lines. 4 Piece Fluid Line Clamp Set

You will also need a gallon of boiler fluid to replace what is lost and the air that is in the new pumps. Amazon.com: Century Chemical TF1 Transfer Fluid: Automotive

AH has been paying for mobile service to come out, which is the way I went. That way if there was a problem with the new motors they could not say it was an installer error that they were wired backwards.

Pump #3 the stir pump is hard to get to without removing the burner assembly, but that was easy as well. The fuel lines do need to be clamped off also. If you are due for a nozzle change, it's a good time to do it as it will be right there to change.

I watched over the techs shoulder in case I needed to change a pump later on. Doing so I learned how to do the fuel nozzle change. Turned out to be a win-win for me
Old 04-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Hi Don,
The pumps come with a very clear multi-page illustrated guide to replacement. It looks fairly easy to do, but as you know the placement is a bit awkward. To replace one pump, the burner has to be taken out. I'm tempted to do it myself, but I have an appointment at Sicard's in May and the Entegra PDI in June. I'll get the work done in one place or the other, probably Sicard.

If Sicard balks, do you want to get together somewhere and do two of them? Ray (rdm), are you also interested?
Robert,

I am game if you are. I am due for a fuel nozzle and fuel filter change as well so I could do them both at the same time.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It is an easy swap. Do have a set of hose clamps on hand or vice grips to clamp off the fluid lines. 4 Piece Fluid Line Clamp Set

You will also need a gallon of boiler fluid to replace what is lost and the air that is in the new pumps. Amazon.com: Century Chemical TF1 Transfer Fluid: Automotive

AH has been paying for mobile service to come out, which is the way I went. That way if there was a problem with the new motors they could not say it was an installer error that they were wired backwards.

Pump #3 the stir pump is hard to get to without removing the burner assembly, but that was easy as well. The fuel lines do need to be clamped off also. If you are due for a nozzle change, it's a good time to do it as it will be right there to change.

I watched over the techs shoulder in case I needed to change a pump later on. Doing so I learned how to do the fuel nozzle change. Turned out to be a win-win for me
Chuck,

Thanks for the info, just might take this one on.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, thanks for the advice. Looks like Don and I, and maybe a few others nearby, may take on the task. Like Don, I need a new AH nozzle and filter, so why not do it all at once, plus install the good clamps.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
It was not easy but the tech that changed mine was able to wiggle out the stir pump and wiggle the replacement in without pulling the burner unit. Total fluid loss in my changeout was about a half gallon. AH sent a return label with the pumps. I put each one in a zip lock bag when I sent them back since there would likely be a concern nowadays if any residual fluid leaked out and soaked through the box.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:55 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Robert,

I am game if you are. I am due for a fuel nozzle and fuel filter change as well so I could do them both at the same time.
Don, I picked up a WIX fuel filter #33109 at the local auto parts and it is the same as the General that is on my AH. I am guessing the fuel nozzle is going to be an AH only part, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #14

All

Unfortunately I am in NY and cannot check my AH. I have a 2012 Aspire. Can anyone tell me if my AH is affected by this? As usual thanks for the help!

Love this forum!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ / 2011 Jeep Liberty
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote