RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2017, 10:07 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Happy to help! We recently traded our 2015 Phaeton in on a 2018 Anthem 44B. Private message me and I will share with you our contact information so we can connect. We love our coach by the way!

JamieShannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2017, 05:45 AM   #16

Purchasing new vs used is like playing the LOTTERY ! Our first 5 Motorhomes were purchased used and the theory of the original owner taking the depreciation hit and working out the build bugs worked on the first 4 BUT the 5th one NOT SO MUCH ! It took us 3 more years and thank goodness we had an extended warranty plan that worked well.

Our 2016 Anthem was our first new/ordered Motorhome and as you know Entegra's come with a 2 year warranty and a second to none Customer Service support system. If there is another Motorhome in our future another ordered Entegra would be our choice.

Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #17

If you decide to buy used don't buy anything older than a 2017 so you get the Vegatouch system (Anthems and Cornerstones). Although some may disagree, a system like the Vegatouch is the future of control in the high-end RV world and makes using the coach systems much easier.

If you buy used from a dealer, make sure they have an updated version of the panel installed for you. You can call Firefly and get the Rev level for the latest panel.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #18

Smart man here
papadoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by papadoux View Post
Smart man here
Magic-carpet is a she and as smart as they come. You should see some of her mods. Glad she is a contributor and glad she shares with us, me especially.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #20

I bought new last time and will buy new in about 2 years. We have our sights set on a new Cornerstone. Yes there will be some issue but the company is great to work with and it's "pure class".
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #21

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
I'm at an Entegra rally and just confirmed the cable connection in the electric bay will not work with tripod. An external SAT antenna would need to be connected to the SWM splitter in storage bay.

We are getting ready to buy a 2018 Anthem and are very interested in exactly where in the storage bay the SWM splitter is located so we don't have to hunt it down and whether we need to purchase additional coax. We need it to hook up our Pathway X2 portable satellite antenna and Dish 211z receiver.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlightman View Post
We are getting ready to buy a 2018 Anthem and are very interested in exactly where in the storage bay the SWM splitter is located so we don't have to hunt it down and whether we need to purchase additional coax. We need it to hook up our Pathway X2 portable satellite antenna and Dish 211z receiver.

Thanks.

It is in the ceiling of the bay on the passenger side where the power switches are located. Unfortunately you will be able to connect to only one TV. PM me if you want a picture.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #23

Buy new, use the hell out of it from the moment you take delivery and take advantage of the 2 year warranty for everything that you can find.

You really don't want to pay for all the stuff you find once it is out of warranty. That 2 years goes by quickly if you buy a used, "still under warranty" coach. Before you get a chance to actually use the coach what's left of the warranty is expired and major frustration will set in.

When I bought our one year old Anthem fresh from it's early "end of warranty" trip to the factory (I did think to ask why it was back in 1 year instead of 2....!) it was purported to be "all sorted out," "blessed by the factory" and "better than new." Either the original owner was a complete moron or just didn't bother to tell them what was wrong with it or they just didn't fix his list and sold it to me instead. I think he was so fed up with it he demanded a buyback and got a great deal on a 2014 fresh off the line as a result. Then we stupidly bought it under the "all sorted out" expectation from the nearest dealer to the factory who they used to broker the deal.

We have spent 3 years and much time and money sorting out all the problems we inherited on this "perfect" coach. The time and fuel spent in shuttling the coach back to Spartan, down to Middlebury, over to the dealer in Grand Rapids, Michigan, back to Grand Rapids Cummins-Bridgeway twice for Onan work, back down to Wakarusa for body work, etc. is ridiculous.

Our incentive to attend the Entegra rallies was purely to take advantage of the presence of qualified techs (supplied by NIRV, BTW) and the possibility of a goodwill warranty part. We felt we were lucky each time if just one item got fixed since it seems everyone else has the same incentive so the techs were always tied up. The sign-up line for repairs at registration must be embarrassing to the Entegra folks working there..........

I know this sounds very cynical but.....I prefer to think of it as realistic as reading this forum is very enlightening. In all fairness, Joyce and her crew have been very helpful and supportive. Someone at Entegra always answers the tech help line and has never reminded me we bought a "used" Entegra. They always provide info and contacts. The Supplier contacts have been very helpful and have occasionally provided goodwill parts. Entegra has stepped up with goodwill Warranty parts where the problem was obviously created at the factory and not caught until later.

Our latest go'round with the inverters made the extended service contract a good investment. Wish I had used it for the myriad of stuff I fixed myself and just did not feel like going back to the dealer for.

Finally, you had best be handy at fixing things if you consider new or used. If you can't fix it yourself warranty or not you are stuck with the problem until you can find a dealer or mobile tech. If you are not handy you will likely learn a lot......or learn to put up with a lot.

It is heartening to watch how quickly other Entegra owners jump in to help with a problem.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #24

Any reviews of Dillion Rv in Ca.

Wolfy58 is offline   Reply With Quote