RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2019, 12:03 PM   #1

Purchasing a used Cornerstone

Hello All,
DW and I are in the market for used 2017/18 Cornerstone. Reading a lot of posts here but had a question:

For those of you that have bought used from NIRVC, were you able to get the history of the coach, talk to previous owner, service records, etc?

I ask because it seems most coaches go through a "breaking in" period and wonder if or what was done. Also, does anyone know of a checklist to go through when purchasing a used coach? I do plan on using a RV inspector as part of the buying process. FYI, we plan buying from NIRVC in Phoenix or Las Vegas.
thank you, RC

anavycrna08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2019, 12:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Purchasing a used Cornerstone

I sold a coach through NIRVC.

They will get you in contact with the seller if the seller agrees. I talked to my buyer so much I put him in my contacts. They also ask the seller for maintenance records to go along with the coach as part of their induction process.

At your request they will do a multi-page inspection on the coach that takes a couple days and isnít cheap. You can try the get the seller to pay for the inspection. If NIRVC does the inspection you are assured they know what theyíre looking at because they sell and service Entegra rather than a self-proclaimed expert motorhome inspector that may or may not be familiar with Entegra systems.

TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:40 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I purchased my new to me 2014 Entegra Anthem two years ago from a private seller. I called Entegra and they gave me the warranty history, me and the seller still talk and keep up with each other on Facebook. He has answered any questions that I had even after the sale. Good Luck and you will love Entegra.
Oldguy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:01 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldguy2013 View Post
I purchased my new to me 2014 Entegra Anthem two years ago from a private seller. I called Entegra and they gave me the warranty history, me and the seller still talk and keep up with each other on Facebook. He has answered any questions that I had even after the sale. Good Luck and you will love Entegra.
2018 C S on RV TraderClick image for larger version

Name:	20190125_204104.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	238429
Anthem46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:36 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a similar experience as the above with NIRVC Atlanta. Got to talk to the previous owners and they were oh so helpful. It was a drastically different buying experience than our trade and ownership has been a breeze. We had no problems with the Winnebago we traded except some leaking fixtures that I was able to fix as the original dealership and WB were not helpful. It has been so nice to actually have a dealership take care of things the first time and correctly done job the first time. We live 6h from Atlanta, but they make the process easy.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
IMO, I'd buy a 2017 Cornerstone before a 2018. Thor purchased Entegra in 2017. For the 2018 models, they took their liberty of eliminating a lot of the niceties that we bought the Cornerstone for. They took shortcuts and eliminated a lot of the upgraded items, yet raised the price over 25K! I wish I could say they upgraded something consequential to justify the price, but that didn't happen. So the 17 will give you more bang for your buck, not to mention it takes a good 2 years to do the break-in. If you find a clean one that had the two year PDI completed, you should really enjoy it. We live ours and are headed to Indiana for our 2 year PDI as I write.
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:58 PM   #7

When we were purchasing a few years ago, we looked at a 14 anthem @ nirvc Lewisville.. it was a buy back from entegra.. couldnít really get any more info then that.. and when calling entegra they were not up for sharing past history either..
Buying from a private individual is always best as you get the real history and maintenance program right from the person who did it.. not to mention usually a better price then from a dealer.. not always the case but usually thatís standard..
This forum is also a really great source of information.. all years of entegras have different proven issues.. this is a great way to find out what they were by asking on specific years...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
When we were purchasing a few years ago, we looked at a 14 anthem @ nirvc Lewisville.. it was a buy back from entegra.. couldnít really get any more info then that.. and when calling entegra they were not up for sharing past history either..
Buying from a private individual is always best as you get the real history and maintenance program right from the person who did it.. not to mention usually a better price then from a dealer.. not always the case but usually thatís standard..
This forum is also a really great source of information.. all years of entegras have different proven issues.. this is a great way to find out what they were by asking on specific years...
Our 2018 has had less problems than any of our coaches. So the Thor purchase has not effected the quality of our ENTEGRAS. With all that said when we get our 2020 C S, NIRVC will handle the sale OF OUR 2018. NIRVC is the very BEST for sales and service.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:38 PM   #9

Smile

RC,
This may be a bit long winded, let me begin by saying I missed buying Tommy's 2017 C/S by 10 months, I just wasn't quite ready monetarily, had I not purchased my 17 C/S in April of last year I would have already given Tommy a down payment for the 18! You won't meet a nicer straight up couple then Tommy & Bonnie, and if you purchase his C/S he would probably offer to finish any mods that he hadn't gotten around to complete when he owned it... I digress.
We purchased our 17 at NIRVC in Phoenix, Cowboy, Pete, Dusty were all exceptionally helpful during our purchase. We bought it sight unseen, trusting in the reputation and honesty of the NIRVC brand. We had no contact with the previous owner other than when he offered to sell some items to us for ~$300.00 which we decided against purchasing.
Arriving in Phoenix after driving our car from Cleveland Ohio, and asking about maintenance records we were told that they were not allowed to release them to the buyer. Being the superb negotiator that I am, (not) I said, "Oh Okay" and continued on with the purchase, never thinking to make the comparison of buying a house, yet not being able to go inside to view it, mainly because I wasn't about to drive back 2,000 miles empty handed!
I know there may be some ocean front property in Kansas but I'm not falling for that!!!
I had been extensively researching for a number of years prior to the purchase, and had become very familiar with seemingly common issues that arise, but a reassuring theme was that a large portion of these issues are resolved by the members of the Forum that are, on a daily basis helping each other work thru problems. Whew....

Onto "Bubbles", I am happy to say, almost a year later, ~ 10,000 miles, almost 4 months of full-timing in Florida
(my DW...I visit at the moment every couple of weeks) we have had minimal issues. Clogged fuel filters on a run to Georgia, my fault, I should have changed them out when I bought the Coach, a front A/C Unit that has failed recently, I'll replace that this coming fall most likely, our 2 year PDI in early December 2018 where a few minor repairs and adjustments were made and at the moment that is the extent of it. Are we "lucky" I hope not, I would hope that it is a testament to the quality of workmanship that Entegra puts forth.
I know I didn't help to necessarily answer your question/s but I wouldn't hesitate to by another Entegra, although maybe a bit more persistent on past history!
If Tommy's Coach is still on the market I would have already knocked on his door with a deposit, who knows, you may have made a friend for life!

Best of luck in your search and safe travels!
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:05 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
Our 2018 has had less problems than any of our coaches. So the Thor purchase has not effected the quality of our ENTEGRAS. With all that said when we get our 2020 C S, NIRVC will handle the sale OF OUR 2018. NIRVC is the very BEST for sales and service.
I have to a agree with Tommy. My 14 had so many problems it was sent back to the factory for six weeks prior to owning it.
Our 19 was delivered basically problem free. I have been from one end to the other of the coach and have not found any "new coach" problems. It even holds air for 2 weeks parked. The Thor paint job is just about perfect. The fancy wood trim is gone from the 17 to the 18, but it didn't take us long to get use to the clean look of the new wood. The new wood trim color made up for it for us.

If you are fortunate enough to hook up with Tommy's 18 that will be handled through NIRVC, you will not find a better 18 on the market. I have seen Tommy's coach in person, it has more upgrades including a beautiful hutch that my DW would kill for, than any 18 on the market. Tommy is a perfectionist and the coach shows it. He lives in NIRVC back yard in TX and I am sure the coach has been professional maintained since delivery with all records. There is one owner you would get with the coach, he is very proud of being part of the Entegra family and sharing his knowledge. His Cornerstone has a Label saying "Limited Edition" it truly is with custom wood work not like any other 18.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 06:32 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks to you all for the RV FAMILY we have become. It was a great rally in Perry, made so many new friends with the help of NIRVC. We were blessed to have owned an ENTEGRA when all the fest were going on. Spartan, Enterga & NIRVC made that a very exciting time in our RV LIFE. Now with Brett, Tadd & Chuck (NIRVC) WE think those time are back.. So come enjoy the fun with AIMCLUB.ORG.
If you would like the more decorative wood interior on a 2020 B call Angie & tell her you want a BONNIE COACH.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&S Norrell View Post
IMO, I'd buy a 2017 Cornerstone before a 2018. Thor purchased Entegra in 2017. For the 2018 models, they took their liberty of eliminating a lot of the niceties that we bought the Cornerstone for. They took shortcuts and eliminated a lot of the upgraded items, yet raised the price over 25K! I wish I could say they upgraded something consequential to justify the price, but that didn't happen. So the 17 will give you more bang for your buck, not to mention it takes a good 2 years to do the break-in. If you find a clean one that had the two year PDI completed, you should really enjoy it. We live ours and are headed to Indiana for our 2 year PDI as I write.
As others have said - our '18 has been the best of any coach we've owned (5 including a '17)

And we wouldn't deal with anyone other than NIRVC....
Saltydog44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thank YOU Tommy and Bonnie for being willing to put so much time and effort in helping other owners and for doing so much to make Perry - and the other AIM rallies - so much fun for all of us. Your current CS is beautiful and it will be a lucky person who buys it. It was a pleasure getting to know the legendary Tommy and Bonnie this trip. If not before, we'll see you again in Vegas!
hdgoldie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:43 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem46 View Post
Come on now Tommy, what I said was you'd get more bang for your buck buying a 2017 CS over a 2018. We all know that you spent plenty of $$s "converting" your 2018 into the quality build of the 2017. Let's just say the 2018s were missing the glam of the previous years CS. I would have to say your 2018 would be the exception to buying a 2017 over a 2018, but then again you upgraded the interior to look like the 2017. ❤️

M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote