Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2020, 04:54 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Just another thought...... LD used to have access to the Elite Owners Club with perks to go with it, and about a year ago, they stopped honoring their own program commitments. That was popping up about the time of last years Tampa Show.

The Crown Club isn’t what it used to be! They got so much backlash from the changes they backed off and now only charge for alcohol at lunch and happy hour.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2020, 05:57 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowells View Post
Just another thought...... LD used to have access to the Elite Owners Club with perks to go with it, and about a year ago, they stopped honoring their own program commitments. That was popping up about the time of last years Tampa Show.

We had to stay at LD for a month (last Oct/Nov) waiting for parts. I think they lost money on us because we ate at least two meals a day at the Crown Club.
It's not like it was prior to 2018, but it beat cooking or going out every day.

I still won't go back there for service again

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:20 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
We had to stay at LD for a month (last Oct/Nov) waiting for parts. I think they lost money on us because we ate at least two meals a day at the Crown Club.
It's not like it was prior to 2018, but it beat cooking or going out every day.

I still won't go back there for service again

However many Snowbirds love it. They get to spend half of snowbird season for "free" waiting for service or parts. I talked to a few that schedule every year for that reason.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
We spent a day at LD looking at Tiffins and Entegras. Salesman knew little about the coaches.

After lurking on this forum after Cruzer switched to ENTEGRA from Tiffin we decided it was more important to choose the best service provider Rather than the absolute lowest best cheapest greatest deal!

NIRVC checked that box not only when we purchased our coach but each and every service appointment since. And you can’t beat the personal contact by their CEO! NIRVC has my vote 100%. What you might save in purchase price you will save twice as much in less aggravation getting your coach serviced at NIRVC. NIRVC’s priorities are storage, service and sales in that order. No joke!
YEMD
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #33

Thank you to all for your great suggestions. I contacted NIRVC today and spoke to Angie about potentially purchasing a 2021 Anthem or Conerstone. If I end up purchasing, I look forward to being an active participant in this great forum. Thanks again.
rhealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:51 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhealy View Post
Thank you to all for your great suggestions. I contacted NIRVC today and spoke to Angie about potentially purchasing a 2021 Anthem or Conerstone. If I end up purchasing, I look forward to being an active participant in this great forum. Thanks again.
Congratulations and welcome!!! The experience I had, you are dealing with the best. What are you ordering?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:52 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
However many Snowbirds love it. They get to spend half of snowbird season for "free" waiting for service or parts. I talked to a few that schedule every year for that reason.

That would be something I would consider except for the shoddy work done. I was not happy with the work, but everyone there treated us well. No complaints in that department.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
That would be something I would consider except for the shoddy work done. I was not happy with the work, but everyone there treated us well. No complaints in that department.

My experience was different. The work was generally done right, but never on time. Almost everything took several times longer than it should have, with lots of waiting involved.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhealy View Post
I was at the Tampa RV show this past weekend and really became interested in the Anthem and Cornerstone models. I've been following the threads on Entegra for about a year now and it seems while there may be issues, the customer service at Entegra is excellent. I am in Tampa and I am concerned about purchasing from my local dealer. They are large and I've read several terrible experiences from previous purchasers. I am interested in receiving a fair price but just as importantly, being valued and taken care of after the purchase. Frankly, I'm scared to death when I read here and on Facebook about other's experiences. I don't expect everything to be perfect but I would like to know that if something is wrong, it would be taken care of. Does anyone have recent experience with a quality dealer and salesperson that they could recommend? I am willing to purchase out of state if that's what's required to have a quality experience. Obviously, the closer to Tampa the better. Thank you.
NIRVC is the dealer for you. If you have to travel for your purchase, it will be worth it.
forkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:27 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
Lazy Days? Never again for service

As far as sales go, you might get a good deal since they work on volume. However, getting out of LD with the new coach in perfect condition is doubtful.
Two reasons: One they close the deal, you're turned over to the service people and that's on a different planet.
The other thing is that after Jayco bought Entegra, quality control went south. The former family-owned business built a quality coach and sold all three models at fair prices to dealers. They were in great condition when arriving at dealers and I've seen them thru the years at Lazy Days, and in Orlando at another dealer.
Consequently, Lazy Days wants your business and you might get a good deal somewhere south of 30% off sticker. On a new 2019 even more discounting.
Do an extensive road test and not just their usual around-the-block, but out on I-4. Find some side-roads.
Check the instrument panel, any overheat indication or other alarms?
If this coach has Mobile Eye or other avoidance sensors, are they working?
Make sure the generator is running and all of the AC units are pumping cold air with thermostats turned down.If your partner is with you, get them to walk around the coach while you're driving and look for rattles. Take notes.
Back at LD, fire up the AquaHot, turn up all the thermostats and see if you get heat for 15 or 20 minutes.
Step outside. Is the AquaHot smoking? Did it fire in under 30 seconds? (If it can't light off in 30 seconds it will shut down)
Make sure there's water in the tank an the pressure pump is running. Flush the toilet several times. Look under sinks for leaks.
If it's pouring down raining, you're in luck! Any leaks? Looks in closets overhead and around overhead fans.
Turn on all the lights. Are they working?
When you departed LD in the coach was the hose reel working?
Is the dump hose on board?
Turn on the headlights, step outside and see if ALL the lights are on. (Markers included?)
Have your partner put the coach in reverse. Backup lights on?
Stereo, satellite receiver, TV, nav system working?
Entegra built a fine coach back in the day. Some that I know who've traded up from five years ago say that the workmanship on the Jayco version isn't the same.. The Cornerstone's best advantage is a bigger engine. If you're traveling thru the Rockies and towing, this is a big advantage.
Bottom line is to get your business with Lazy Days done and your new coach in shape enough to travel.
Then, have your warranty work, if any, done somewhere else.
Lazy Days will do anything to keep you from walking away from a sale.
After sale is a different matter.
Until you close the deal, YOU are in charge.
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgauger View Post
As far as sales go, you might get a good deal since they work on volume. However, getting out of LD with the new coach in perfect condition is doubtful.
Two reasons: One they close the deal, you're turned over to the service people and that's on a different planet.
The other thing is that after Jayco bought Entegra, quality control went south. The former family-owned business built a quality coach and sold all three models at fair prices to dealers. They were in great condition when arriving at dealers and I've seen them thru the years at Lazy Days, and in Orlando at another dealer.
Consequently, Lazy Days wants your business and you might get a good deal somewhere south of 30% off sticker. On a new 2019 even more discounting.
Do an extensive road test and not just their usual around-the-block, but out on I-4. Find some side-roads.
Check the instrument panel, any overheat indication or other alarms?
If this coach has Mobile Eye or other avoidance sensors, are they working?
Make sure the generator is running and all of the AC units are pumping cold air with thermostats turned down.If your partner is with you, get them to walk around the coach while you're driving and look for rattles. Take notes.
Back at LD, fire up the AquaHot, turn up all the thermostats and see if you get heat for 15 or 20 minutes.
Step outside. Is the AquaHot smoking? Did it fire in under 30 seconds? (If it can't light off in 30 seconds it will shut down)
Make sure there's water in the tank an the pressure pump is running. Flush the toilet several times. Look under sinks for leaks.
If it's pouring down raining, you're in luck! Any leaks? Looks in closets overhead and around overhead fans.
Turn on all the lights. Are they working?
When you departed LD in the coach was the hose reel working?
Is the dump hose on board?
Turn on the headlights, step outside and see if ALL the lights are on. (Markers included?)
Have your partner put the coach in reverse. Backup lights on?
Stereo, satellite receiver, TV, nav system working?
Entegra built a fine coach back in the day. Some that I know who've traded up from five years ago say that the workmanship on the Jayco version isn't the same.. The Cornerstone's best advantage is a bigger engine. If you're traveling thru the Rockies and towing, this is a big advantage.
Bottom line is to get your business with Lazy Days done and your new coach in shape enough to travel.
Then, have your warranty work, if any, done somewhere else.
Lazy Days will do anything to keep you from walking away from a sale.
After sale is a different matter.
Until you close the deal, YOU are in charge.
I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment of post Jayco Entegra. I admit though that I don't have mu pre Jayco experience. Not sure if my 17 was pre or post. Not important. I can say stay far away from LD.

Now with that said, the cornerstone still leads the way in resale amongst its in class competitors. That says something. That and the fact that Brett Davis has owned more than one when he can own any of them.
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #40

We looked for 2 years and for our best deal was with Orlando RV. Robin McCracken put a great deal together for us , and beat everyone's price by a significant margin.
billb3672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
If it says Jayco anywhere on it, it's a Jayco.
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #42

Jayco never bought Entegra! Jayco bought Travel Supreme and turned it into Entegra. Then Thor bought the whole thing in 2016 and quality is now as good as or better than it was before the sale.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, entegra, quality