Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2016, 09:31 PM   #57

I didn't know it could be programmed that way. Mine comes on as soon as you lift off the pedal, as you mentioned.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2016, 05:29 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
I didn't know it could be programmed that way. Mine comes on as soon as you lift off the pedal, as you mentioned.
Yes, it can be programmed to where it doesn't come on until you touch the brake pedal. Takes about 15 minutes to hook up the laptop and program. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Do you go to a Cummins or Allison dealer for this program change? Do you remember the technical term?
Old 03-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HzrdUs View Post
Do you go to a Cummins or Allison dealer for this program change? Do you remember the technical term?
Cummins has done the Spartan chassis, but when I owned a Tiffin the Tiffin shop manager did the program so I assume anyone with a laptop and access to the ECU program can do it. I don't know the technical term. I just tell them I want the ECU programmed so the jake brake comes on when I touch the service brake, not when I release the accelerator. Noel
Old 03-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
Back to radiators...This is one thread I had no desire to join, but here I am. Took the rig to Lazy Days Tucson on February 18 after finally admitting to myself that indeed I did have a coolant leak. I pre liased with Spartan finding that they had 7 radiators in stock and that it would take 4 to 5 days to ship to Tucson. I had other minor issues to be included in this visit. I suggested to my service writer that they check the coolant leak and if it was the radiator the other items could be addressed while the radiator was being shipped. Eight days after I dropped it off, he told me I needed a radiator. Eight days after that, he told me that the radiator was in. On that day I had a rather one sided conversation with the service manager. The next day, I was told that the install was complete and that next week they would start seeing if parts were needed for the other items. Do all the service departments you all deal with operate this poorly? All my stuff could have been completed while they waited for the radiator. Why oh why do they do only one item at a time? Entegra CS told me that I don't have to put up with LD again, and that they would allow warranty work to be done at La Mesa which is just across the street. La Mesa tells me they don't operate that way. We'll see...
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 PM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
Stew, I had the same experience with LD Tampa. After waiting 5 days for warranty work and radiator pressure tested...all that was complete was the pressure test. This was after making an appointment 2 months in advance. We gave up and will have the warranty work done at Entegra. Ordered parts when we arrived home and fixed most of it in a day. Wonder how much labor LD lost?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:00 PM   #63

Entegra Owners Club
I'm sorry Stew ... Seems the big dealers are pretty much like that. I've decided it is much better to go to a smaller actual "repair" shop and they seem to get you in and out quickly. Also helps if you let them know you pretty much full time.
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:51 PM   #64

NO, they are not all that way. I have had occasion to use NIRVC a couple of times and they have done the repairs in a very timely manner. The problem that can arise is with parts and warranty authorization. Entegra requires preauthorization on repairs and that sometimes can take time. The tech calls in and sometimes Entegra will have to call back and all that takes too much time, something Entegra needs to address. Another issue is parts availability and shipping. Entegra does not maintain all parts and at times has to order from a vendor, get them in then re ship them and that can be a very lengthy process, again something Entegra must improve on. In their defense they are aware of these limitations and are starting to address the issues. All JMHO

2016 44 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 03-12-2016, 04:17 AM   #65

Well crap, looks like I'm joining this group now, this is what I found this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457781376.847523.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	121222Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457781405.816335.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	121223

Monte
2015 Cornerstone 45K
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
mt-ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:33 AM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-ok View Post
Well crap, looks like I'm joining this group now, this is what I found this morning.

Attachment 121222Attachment 121223

Monte
2015 Cornerstone 45K
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Looks like it. If I were you, I'd contact Charlie at Spartan and ask him where to take it. Where I was planning on taking mine originally, Spartan said that I wouldn't get as much individual attention and it would take longer than if I took it to this other place. They know they good shops all over the country. Ask them before you take it somewhere. Maybe you will have my experience instead of Stew (Marco's Dad).
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:54 AM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on calling Charlie Fisher, his extension is 3405. That will save you some on hold time. He has the radiator problem dialed in and hopefully will make it smooth for you.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #68

Entegra Owners Club
Yep, it must be going around like a bad cold. This is what ours looks like at 2300 miles on the trip home from the delivery dealer.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1457791670.474980.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  97.4 KB
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:12 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by HzrdUs View Post
Don't want to hijack the thread again, but I had a senior moment yesterday.
It was not Cummins that does the jake brake program it is SPARTAN!!!! Noel
Old 03-12-2016, 09:58 AM   #70

Entegra Owners Club
It looks like I need to start going to a few more rallies and bring my radiator pressure tester
Hopefully leaks could be detected before they become bad enough to show up on the ground.

Tags
radiator