Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2016, 09:49 AM   #15

Both of those are Spartan issues. Call them and they will direct you to a dealer that should be able to help.

If you have a dealer that fixes a third of your issues, that needs to come to Entegra's attention. Call Joyce!

And yes, a good dealer will simply replace a shade motor. After I had two go out, Entegra just sent me a spare to keep with the coach. They will still send out replacements even though I am out of warranty.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Can the Entegra service dept replace a radiator? Not sure how much they can do service wise on the Spartan chassis. Also I have a very load popping noise in the rear of unit when making a slow turn, either right or left.
Thx again, GrAndy
They replaced two radiators for others while I was there in July. If they are still jammed, Spartan is about 65 miles up the road. Hopefully both service centers will be slowing down now that the summer rush is over. However you do have the Snowbirds that stop on their way down.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
It took them over 8 hours to replace our radiator. They thought they should have it done, but they didn't get it all buttoned up at the end of the day. So, it was off to the Holiday Inn Express for the night. It was great having them work on the coach while we were in Spartan training class. It was nice seeming them put plastic over the seat and wear booties over their shoes to make sure they didn't stain anything.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:34 PM   #18

Bridgeway Cummins did my radiator in my 13 Aspire and my 16 Anthem. They called Spartan and handled the whole thing. I believe they are a national company. We did not have to go back to Spartan. Spartan should be able to direct you to a good repair shop and send them the needed parts with no issue at all. Call Spartan service and ask for Charley and tell him about the cool down leak as they know what is needed for a good repair.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 03:42 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbr View Post

Leaking on cool down is exactly what mine and many others did - Spartan will replace the radiator. I've read that they've found the root cause and solved it with the radiators being sent as replacements now. Your Spartan warranty is 3-yrs.
OK, you have peaked my curiosity. What is the ROOT cause?

This problem with faulty radiators along with faulty shade motors, faulty Aqua-Hot motors, etc. has certainly provided some interesting reading for me and many others.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #20
rbr

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I don't have that info Richard. My current radiator (3rd one in this coach) was built before the "fix", and there's really nothing to do but drive and watch. I've seen comments from others that received some info on the fix directly from Spartan, but I don't know enough of it to quote it.
rbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:11 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:

This problem with faulty radiators along with faulty shade motors, faulty Aqua-Hot motors, etc. has certainly provided some interesting reading for me and many others.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
So, since you ask, and although most has be reviewed here many times, to recap:

1) Radiator: supplier to Spartan is now using an epoxy at the joints and this has generally solved the problem (according to Spartan reps at the rally I'm at; needless to say, they know this has been a bit of a bloody nose for them, but they have stood behind getting them fixed)
2) AquaHot Pumps (not motors): new pump out about six months ago which has for the most part rectified the issues with the old pumps. Everything I have heard, and experienced myself, AH fixed and continues to fix the issue as it comes up
3) Shade motors: Red motor come out about a year ago which apparently has solved most of the issues (although they are electric and made in China, so there are some, I'm sure have gone out since then). Entegra continues to honor even after warrantee ends, replacement. FWIW, these same RED motors are used in MCD shades, but there are still a lot of the older motors out there and Entegra continues to back changeout as they fail. That said, there are a lot more earlier motors that haven't failed than those that have...believe it or not.

Not sure what the etc etc are (maybe hub leaks, Spartan, although other brands are having similar issues, and Spartan is stepping up to fix these...quality, superior quality processes and control have been implemented on the production line in the last year...I hear that rather than coaches with dozens of issues three years ago, coaches are coming off the line today and are delivered with single digits issues, mostly cosmetic, don't know any company any better than that), but hope this reminder/update helps your data bank and represents the best I have seen or heard, including talking all of these things with the Entegra and Spartan people at the current rally.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:02 PM   #22

Thx for all the advice on my radiator issue. I have an appointment with Spartan at the Charlotte service center on Dec 12-13. I have 2 concerns, that hopefully someone may be able to help with.
1) I am not familiar with the weather in the Indiana area this time of year. Have concerns that the radiator leak may show up while driving in the lower temps there.
2) We are in the mid Ga area. Can take either I65 or I75. I75 route is a bit shorter, but looks like more heavily congested cities. To deal with. If i65, can bypass Atlanta for one. Have been i65 before. Best can remember, condition of road wasn't to bad.
Thx, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
I took I-75 this year and the roads were in great shape except Cinn . Much better than I-65 with the construction.

The weather in Dec can be 30 below or 65. The year my coach was built the month of Dec was 30 below shutting Entegra down. Last year the winter was very mild.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 04:44 AM   #24

From your location I would suggest I 75 and depending on your depart time etc. you can stay overnight at Cabela's ( Acworth, Ga) and a stop over at Kentucky Horse Park Campground, Lexington,Ky then to Charlotte. If you choose the horse park I suggest you reserve thru Reserve America because as of Nov 1st only 1 loop is open for the winter and weekends especially can still be busy.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:15 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry for my ignorance and confusion but your travel and routing request has me totally confused which is not difficult these days.

If you are now in the mid GA area and are heading to Charlotte NC for your radiator work in December, how does Indiana get involved into the equation?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 11-07-2016, 05:21 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Once you you get the engine temp up the radiator will remain hot while driving. I don't think the outside temp will play into your leak until you shut down.
We drove from Ohio with the same issue. When I was hooking the toad up the radiator was leaking pretty good but once we got on the road it stopped.
So far the weather up this way has been very mild. Hope it remains that way.
Safe travels and I think you will be okay.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:42 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance and confusion but your travel and routing request has me totally confused which is not difficult these days.

If you are now in the mid GA area and are heading to Charlotte NC for your radiator work in December, how does Indiana get involved into the equation?

Dr4Film ----- Richard

He's going to Charlotte Mich.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:05 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post

He's going to Charlotte Mich.
Thanks, that now makes total sense to me. Up to this point all I had seen on previous posts were references to Charlotte NC, not MI.

I wouldn't want to be in that part of MI at that time of year. Frankly it is getting real late for me leaving our summer site in upstate NY next week as they are predicting a severe cold-front dropping down from the north with lake-effect snow next weekend, UGH!

Dr4Film ----- Richard

Tags
leak, radiator