Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2014, 11:40 PM   #15

Vance,, your optimistic outlook is refreshing!! Your family has endured a tough year, but as attested on this forum, you have many friends that continue to lift you up in prayer. Like Dave, someday hope to personally meet you!!.. KEEP THE FAITH!!!
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 01:48 AM   #16

Vance,

Thank you for letting us know what is going o with you. You know that you will be in my prayers for healing and recovery. Will be lifting Robin up in our prayers as well for her strength and resiliency. May God bless and keep you both. It has been a tough year on you guys, but the good Lord will bring you through it and when all is said and done you won't look like what you have been through!!

Stay strong my friend and let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Keep us up to speed as best you can. God bless!!
Old 08-27-2014, 03:00 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Wow, God truly works in mysterious ways. Sounds as though you have a great attitude which show strength, we will pray for your speedy recovery.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:55 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Vance,

Thanks for sharing. It appears You have a wonderful family support team at home and a caring group of people here on this forum as well.

Looking forward to meeting you and your family post recovery.

We are praying for you.

Stay strong.

Curt

Sent from my iPhone
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well Rare Duck may have put you in hospital (Get well soon) but it appears you are the Lucky Duck because the side effect was catching the cancer before it got to the point where all they can do is make you comfortable.. Great catch.

Hospitals no fun.. I know, spent a week in one last fall... Came out about a decade younger than I went in though (Physically that is)
Old 08-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Vance,
You guys have certainly been through it. I know things will go well with your illness. Best of luck and most of all our thoughts and prayers are with you both.
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:36 PM   #21

Vance, we are sorry to hear about the tumor, but good they caught it early. We're headed to the factory Sept. 15, but after that we're free and retired so if there's anything we can do let us know. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:03 AM   #22

Gods Speed on your Recovery Sir.. I truly enjoyed your post and thank you for sharing it. Not so much for what you went thru, but more in the irony of it all. As a Professional Chef for over 33 years i am well versed in the ugly beast we know of as Food Poisoning. Im thankful the bottom line here is the unknown cancer was detected early enough to do something positive about it. Jana and i wish you all the best on your future surgery and quick healthy recovery.

Not to hijack the thread or lay any kind of blame ... One of the main reasons i decided to retire early from the "Food Industry" is we find Food Bourne illness is definitely on the rise these days. Its simple to "blame" the end user for the sickness ( normally improper handling/storage and or cooking of the food product. As a chef i can control all those points.. What i cannot control is the proper handling and raising of the food product itself... In this case a duck at the point or origin..ie local farm or factory and so on. I have noticed a continued trend for Restaurants to "buy Local" while i support this practice in many different things its very easy for a local mom and pop farm to slip under the radar of FDA guidelines as well as health department regulations and potentially sell a deadly (loaded gun if you will) with out ever being aware. Its a catch 22 unfortunately and one i was not comfortable with. In your case Vance.. And i wont blame the restaurant.. I couldn't without a lot more information..the duck in question could have easily come into the chefs hands already loaded.. "Rare" would not apply enough heat for a long enough period of time to render it safe.. Especially if already infected. I do apologize for taking away from the issue at hand.. Glad you will stick around for a while longer i would love to meet you one day. Normally I would cook for you a twist on a classic dish.. Duck and Kidney Pie....i would rethink that one now i believe
Best of luck to you and yours and thanx again for sharing your story.. Robert
Old 08-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
"Duck and kidney pie" made me smile and would be appropriate! Thanks for the humor!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #24

Not a problem... Will pencil you in when ... Standing Reservation
Old 08-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #25

Serendipity. Be kind to your web-footed friends.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Vance,

I don't have much to add to what others have already said. You've provided all of us inspiration as you dealt with your son's issues in such a positive way. Take care of yourself and your family. We need your insights and attitude out here.

Kind of makes my arthritis look pretty insignificant and my whining needs to subside.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 AM   #27

Sufferin' succotash!

Vance and Robin, I'm going to ask the big guy upstairs for extra blessings and wish you a speedy recovery.

Name:   mmn.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  6.3 KB

Your pal, Sylvester
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote