Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2015, 11:52 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Rear bath leak coming up thru floor tile

I have water coming up thru a newly cracked tile at the step entrance to the rear bath. It appears to only happen when using the sinks and/our shower leading me to believe it's a gray water drain issue. Anyone have an idea how the pluming is constructed in the floor system and any thoughts how gray water is getting in between the plywood and the tile? Entegra CS has a tech coming out Tuesday but I have feeling he will be as informed as I am and we will have a joint learning experience. Thanks.
passman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 11:55 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Never heard of such a thing on this forum.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Tech found a leaking elbow at the crimp fitting in the bottom of the cabinet of the forward sink. The tile is laid on top of vinyl flooring and the water ran between the vinyl and the tile. Not sure extent of water damage at this time. Hope this helps someone else in the future.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:49 AM   #4

Do you think there is any connection between the cracked tile and the leaking elbow, or just a coincidence which led to discovering the water leak sooner?

Was the leaking elbow a fresh water line or drain line? Your initial post suggested that both sinks and shower triggered the leak.

By any chance is a trip to Middlebury anywhere on your radar? I had a poorly sealed shower that leaked. During the diagnostics/fix the dealer cut half of the bedroom wall away. The fix and susbsequent reassembly of the wall were OK, but imperfect and scratched the pocket door ever so slightly. In Middlebury they stripped all of the caulking & repaired correctly and then replaced the rear bedroom wall and pocket door.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It was a fresh water supply line. They replaced both elbows/90's. I think the water softened the mastic on the vinyl floor which the tile was set with and the tile cracked. You can step on the cracked tile now and it will rock to one side. I do plan on going to Middleberry to have this checked and a few other items repaired. We are snow birds in Yuma AZ for the winter and would like to wait for spring to head northeast. I'll watch the area and see if I need to go sooner. The water leaked on the vinyl floor underlayment and Yuma is a very dry environment so we will see.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #6

I had the exact same leak on a 2015 Cornerstone only it Eason the back sink. Found it by taking out the bottom drawer and shinning a light on it. Once it was fixed and we mopped the water up left the drawer out to let it dry. No more problems. If you look under the middle there is a hole that lets most of the water drain away so there is not as much under the tile as you might think and apparently there is enough air gets between the tile and the linoleum to dry out what does get under there. JMHO

2016 Entegra Topaz Cornerstone
Formerly 2011, 2013 Anthems & 2015 Cornerstone
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 12-16-2015, 11:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by passman View Post
We are snow birds in Yuma AZ for the winter and would like to wait for spring to head northeast.
I think you'll be fine. Get it all dried out - maybe rent some fans. Middlebury will provide the highest quality ultimate repair. JMHO
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks! I was wondering where the rest of the water might have gone.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #9

Evaporation.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak