Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2016, 04:16 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I don't see the the forum is an Entegra only forum.
It is not an Entegra only forum and we all learn from others. It's also how many here became Entegra owners. It's just when an Entegra owner asks a specific question regarding an Entegra model and other brand owners say how it is on their MH's it does confuse new owners what is correct for an Entegra.

I know some of the answers have confused me until I look at the signature and see they own a 1998 XXXX.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2016, 05:22 AM   #16

We have the same problem with our MONACO. I mounted a 12volt hot rod type cooling fan under the body sucking air from the engine compartment. Put a toggle switch on the dash. When it's hot just click the toggle on and the hot air is pulled out. Works well.

joe

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
JOE PLAZEK
Old 06-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #17

I am surprised that folks actually go in the rear bedroom bath when traveling down the road ,, there is the mid bath for all your bathroom needs! Once your at your destination it should cool down fairly fast when opened up and AC is cranking . Our dash air keeps us pretty content,, if it's over 100 then we usually kick gen on and run the middle air.. Now in our 14 anthem there are no actual blow vents above or around the driving area from our house AC. I believe it was addressed in 15 and they changed that ☺️
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:03 AM   #18

Our heat problem was when we pulled into a rest area for the night after 12 - 14 hours on the road. Lots of time for heat build up. If you want to go right to bed the heat of the bedroom was quite high. Great for winter,,, not so good in the summer.

joe

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
JOE PLAZEK
Old 07-05-2016, 06:21 AM   #19

Well, then you just fire up the Genny and let it do what it was designed to do (power my AC units), which is cool off rooms, and give it 30-45 minutes to get things comfy-cozie. Fortunately, I have never tried to sleep on the hood of my car after a 14 hour drive but I am pretty sure that it would be almost as bad

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Well, then you just fire up the Genny and let it do what it was designed to do (power my AC units), which is cool off rooms, and give it 30-45 minutes to get things comfy-cozie. Fortunately, I have never tried to sleep on the hood of my car after a 14 hour drive but I am pretty sure that it would be almost as bad

Gary

The hood of the car would be great in the winter,,,, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Joe PLAZEK
Ontario Canada
Old 07-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
We attended PJ's class at Entegra today....it was recommended to travel with the bath fan on low to exhaust the heat.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Ok, here is input from a SOB, take it for what it's worth. We have a similar issue with the Alpines. There is about 8" between the back of the closet and the rear fiberglass cap that runs all the way to the top of the coach. Some Alpine owners have added a vent at the top of the rear cap or just over the engine hatch, it allows hot air to rise in that gap creating a chimney, helping to cool the coach AND the engine, you get a win/win.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:06 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Got any pics DrDave? Sounds interesting.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:00 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Got any pics DrDave? Sounds interesting.

Dave, I did not do the mod to my coach, another Alpine owner did it, but it certainly seems like a good idea. I just searched for "bedroom heat" and could not find the thread. There were pictures. What he did was take a 5 vane air intake, mount it horizontally, directly above the engine access door. The way Alpines are made there is about an 8" open space between the back of the bedroom closet and the rear cap that runs from side to side, engine compartment all the way to the top. I feel that the vent could be anywhere on the rear cap, the higher the better.Sorry I do not have the pics, you may have better luck looking for it. If you have questions PM me.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:14 PM   #25

We travel with the bathroom door closed. Once we setup the window is opened and roof fan on. Cools down reasonably fast. I do not recommend traveling with a window open...don't ask how I know.

Tags
heat