Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Red Light - Green Light

We have tried filling our black tank 45-70%, adding 3-4 lozenges then driving to cure the sporadic red flusher light. No luck. (Mid-bath only so ice won't work)

During the PDI Q&A another owner said he uses Dawn. Jacob said that worked well. We left Elkhart with a 75% tank and a small bottle of Dawn. Drove 287 miles and the light is nice and green! (After we drained and rinsed the tank). We will do this on a regular basis!

Note: If you pour the Dawn down the toilet it will take several flushes to rinse of the toilet seal so it will hold water.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2015, 07:53 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Beware using too much soap!!

I'm surprised you didn't have a nasty foam coming out of your roof vent!

We use a cup of Pine Sol and a cup of Calgon (water softener) in both the black tank AND the gray tank....which is often stickier and nastier than the black. Fill between 30-50% with clean water and the drive your coach. Empty as soon as you get set up.

We do this about once a month.

Also twice a year, add a cup of bleach to the mix in each tank, but I only drive about two hours with that in there.

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Better than Pine Sol, use a product called Pine Power, available at all $$ general stores. use about 1/4 small bottle, add water to 50%, and drive like mad, flush and rinse when you get set up. Sweetens everything right up w/out excessive sudsing.
We were told several times the Pine Sol will damage orings and seals, but pine power wont....seems to work for us.
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:27 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Beware using too much soap!!

I'm surprised you didn't have a nasty foam coming out of your roof vent!

Wmpbauer

We may have! We drove thru 3-4 thunderstorms on the way here so washed any suds off the roof!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:45 AM   #5

We have the same problem I have flushed it out and flushed it out. It goes to 1/3 within a day goes to 2/3 but will stay there for a week. Not sure which product to use from above statements
Seems like the Dawn solved the exact same problem I'm having. But certainly don't want to end up with a suds problem. I see where the pine power freshens it up but wondering if it'll cleanup the sensors? We're leaving tomorrow morn for a 4hr trip and would like to try one of these.
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Pine power will clean the sensors, but need to drive for at least an hour or two before flushing it out. soem folks also tunk a bag of ice in the holding tank, add water , and drive sround a lot of left and right turns....
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:44 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I wonder if TIDE would work instead of Dawn....Logic gollows.

Dishwashing liquid (DAWN) has foaming agents added..Now as far as cleaning is concerned this foam is..Not helpful.. BUT it does provide a layer of insulation helping keep the dishwater warmer.

Laundry Detergent (Also Dishwasher) is not used in an area where you can watch it.. So they do not add foamer.. in fact some now advertise adding DEfoamers.

Not sure though if it's is the right cleaning formula. Also spcifically recommend AGAINST Tide for other reasons.. Logic:

At one time you got a sample box of Tide every time you bought a new washing machine.. They stopped.. Too many warranty repairs due to TIDE or so the service person said. Tide is a VERY POWERFUL detergent.
Old 05-31-2015, 09:46 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I have posted this a few times, believe me it works. I have not added the first drop of chemicals to the Entegra since it was new. No smell and all sensors work perfect. I preform this on about every 3rd tank dump, more often in warmer weather.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:50 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Ditto on Dawn. We have been using Dawn for years and feel it does help, especially when wintering in AZ. There is a lot of calcium in the water where we stay and it's a real PITA. Another product we use is " Happy Camper" tank cleaner that came on the market a few years ago, I'd suggest trying it.

Ps, Dawn is used when cleaning birds and other critters coated with oil from oil spills.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:25 AM   #10

I can't do t h e bag of ice trick as we have a early 2013 DLQ with macerator. I've tried flushing with plan water 4 times filling 1/2 way and driving for awhile. Didn't help at all. Waffling between dawn and pine power
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Do not use powdered laundry soap. It will leave an insoluble film that hinders sensor operation.

The reason we add Calgon is to soften the water. We add bleach to sanitize...especially the Gray tank.

By the way, I also back flush the black tank with the gray. Engage tank sprayer. Drain black tank. Leave black valve open. With a full gray tank, Pull the gray tank drain, count to four and push the gray valve to close it. Some of the gray water will swirl up into the black tank and clean out MORE sludge. Water seeks its own level. So you'll get some good swirling action in the black tank. With a full gray tank, you can do that. Couple of times. Sorry, new Cornerstones can't do this. If you have a clear extension or elbow, you'll see what I mean.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:27 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Ok, here's another "this is the way I do it". Instead of using a dish washing detergent (dawn), I use a cup (cap) of Oxy Clean laundry detergent in the liquid form. I also use a cup (cap) of liquid Calgon that not only softens the water but will also make the sides, bottom and top of the tank slick.....hindering the sticking of toilet paper and solids.

We typically sit in one spot for quite a while, so whenever we do travel, I'll clean out the tanks (using the sprayer) until both tanks have nothing but clear water coming out. I then add a cap full of Oxy Clean and a cap full of Calgon to about a 1/3 tank of clean water. Immediately upon hooking up the drain system at a new rv park, I'll dump both tanks and put another 1/3 tank of clean water into them.

I've used this system on my motor home, and previous motor home and travel trailers that I've owned in the past. Never have I put in any type of rv toilet chemical and I've always have had good working sensors and never an odor except the one time my AAV got stuck in the open position.

Anyway, that's "how I do it".

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 AM   #13

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Yes,Calgon by all means, I forgot to agree in previous post. We have always used it and buy in powered mode as it's easier for storage.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 04:06 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
They recommended Dawn for its grease cutting characteristic.

We were tickled that it worked.......yesterday! About 25 miles down the road this morning and the light turned red again. Maybe I just need to rinse it out again. It's raining in Memphis or I would fill and dump it now.

Tags
light