Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Refrigerator in storage

Ok. Dumb question here. I just finished maiden voyage and dropped unit off at my storage facility. As I always did with my old coach, propped open refrigerator to air out and shut inverters and shut down house power at the door. When they plug it into shore power will the refrig start up? I forgot that on my old coach I would shut breaker for refrig, though I am not sure that was necessary? Thanks in advance!
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2018, 05:06 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I also have a 19 CS and I am still running into chargers resetting themselves on power changes, surges or whatever. To be sure the fridge is off and stays off, I would turn the breaker off. I am still trying to figure out what the new Vega Touch is doing while in storage. Also I am only on 20 amp. If 30 or higher I wouldn't be concerned. Also found that the storage amps have to be set on the VT. If set to high, the shower power breaker will trip. If set to low, that is all the amps the VT will allow into the MH.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:27 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Chuck! The place I keep mine has it on 30 amps. I neglected to shut the breaker when I dropped it off and the doors are propped open so just not sure what a refrigerator does if left running/open. I guess I will swing by there tomorrow and find out! Outside of my stupidity on this, all systems seem to work rather well. And after reading some of your posts I was pleasantly surprised to learn that all my Bose speakers were active and working from the factory? Even the unplugged Acoustimass that I stumbled upon under the bed? Haha.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #4

Why not just unplug it and be sure. On my 2017 Anthem B the plug is easily accessible in the lower cabinet next to the frig. I found it when replacing $733 ice maker.
hikndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
I normally just shut the breaker off. I just happened to drop it off at my storage facility yesterday and remembered I had not done that when I got home. I went back there this morning and sure enough when the storage folks plugged it in the refrigerator was powered on. Won’t forget that again. It ran with doors open all night.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:35 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
If you’re plugged in to 30amp service why not leave the refrigerator on?
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I don’t leave it on in the event the facility loses power, batteries would be depleted quickly. Thats my theory anyway. Haha.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:27 PM   #8

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
I don’t leave it on in the event the facility loses power, batteries would be depleted quickly. Thats my theory anyway. Haha.
Makes sense. For that possibility, while my coach is in storage connected to 50amp service, I have an iSocket device in a basement outlet (that’s not on the inverter) so if my shore connection goes off I get an instant message that the power has been disconnected (the outlet lost power). I also get a message when the power is restored. Just my way of handling the same situation.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 10-04-2018, 05:45 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
One thing nice about the 19's we can check power with the phone app. I check mine twice a day. It would be nice if we had alerts, but being able to check in just a few seconds is nice. I do have wifi with the Mobley.

I turn the inverters off in storage, one charger on and the refrigerator on as well as a dehumidifier running 24/7. If I loose power, no damage is done to the batteries, just warm beer if I don't get up until later.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:48 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Interesting..didn’t even think about monitoring it remotely. Probably because I would have no idea how I would do that! Haha. Could I purchase a VZ Jetpack or similar and leave it in there to accomplish that? Hmmm.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:04 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Great idea....Thanks!
Old 10-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Interesting..didn’t even think about monitoring it remotely. Probably because I would have no idea how I would do that! Haha. Could I purchase a VZ Jetpack or similar and leave it in there to accomplish that? Hmmm.
I use an AT&T Mobley that was on the car Connect program for $20. a month. That one was discontinued, but I saw on another forum the program was back on again. Call AT&T and ask for the car connect desk and see if it is available again.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:18 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I use an AT&T Mobley that was on the car Connect program for $20. a month. That one was discontinued, but I saw on another forum the program was back on again. Call AT&T and ask for the car connect desk and see if it is available again.
I think I saw that they are updating Mobley firmware so that you won’t have the option of never timeouting. That would present some challenges.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:52 AM   #14

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I think I saw that they are updating Mobley firmware so that you won’t have the option of never timeouting. That would present some challenges.
Here’s one article about this. Unfortunately, the article says it’s a push update so it’s going to happen just by having the Mobley turned on. Like Chuck, I use the Mobley.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att...-save-setting/
2016 Ford Edge Titanium

Tags
refrigerator, storage