Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2016, 05:08 PM   #1

Refrigerator Replacement

What would you recommend if you had replaced or would replace again your factory installed refrigerator?

My Samsung is dead and I've had one recommendation of the replacement to be a GE Profile PYE22KSKSS.

Are there any other recommended refrigerators that will go through the toll window and fit into a 45' Anthem DLQ?

Thanks much as I have more than enough apprehension with just the thought of what's entailed to do the job.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2016, 06:37 PM   #2

I don't have a specific recommendation, but I have noted that a lot of the higher end coaches (Foretravel and Prevost conversions) are going to Kenmore Elite of late. The folks at Foretravel told me it was because they have a bigger and more useful interior for a given footprint. Might be something to look into.

I know, Sears, right?
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We just bought a GE Profile for the S & B, waiting for delivery. I looked at your model # and it is a 22 ft where the Samsung I believe is a 27 ft. Will the 5 ft smaller bother you? We purchased the 27 ft GE as we like the Samsung's size, but sure would not have a Samsung after the microwave problems.

I know of two that have replaced Samsungs through the side windows, I would think any refrigerator that size would fit.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:33 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Our '14 Anthem came with a GE Profile fridge. Other than defrost sticking on the same time the ice maker water stuck on (twice) we have been very happy with it. The freezer is easy to organize and it will hold several gallons of water in the bottom, until you open the door!

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 12:34 PM   #5

Hey Brobox, I double checked cubic foot size on the Samsung model 237 fridge vs the GE profile and they are both listed as 22 or 23 cubic foot in size.
I guess since it requires a residential fridge anyone that will plug in the hole should do. Haha, it's got to be just a matter of manufacturer preferences. Our home has a GE Monogram which is great, but it's not bouncing down the road.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
Old 12-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for setting me straight on the Samsung size. I thought it was larger. I just checked an Entegra brochure and it is listed as a 23 CF. We are replacing a 22 cf in the S & B and the Samsung looks much larger. Before the Samsung's Entegra was using GE's. The 2013's and earlier 2014's had them, the later models with the mid-year $3,500 up charge received Samsungs.

Who are you going to have do the refrigerator swap?
Old 12-04-2016, 03:22 PM   #7

I'm wondering why you dont decide to get it repaired rather than replaced? The biggest cost fix is usually the compressor and that can be usually replaced for ~ $450-500. Now, if you dont like it, that is a different story, but likely would avoid all the costs of trying to make a different refer with different dimensions look right.... we went through with a Dynasty and traveled 1500 miles to find a shop that would do the job to look like a factory install.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #8

Hi Gary,
Biggest problem I'm having is no local repair shops will touch it to do the compressor and condenser change out inside the coach because of welding requirements. I don't understand as I've had a compressor changed on a home freezer a few years ago. Plus a big run around with Samsung on their warranty for these parts so Riverpark authorized a replacement.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVsCoach View Post
...Riverpark authorized a replacement.
Riverpark provides the refrigerators? Learn something every day, thought they were just Rand McNally.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:43 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVsCoach View Post
Plus a big run around with Samsung on their warranty for these parts so Riverpark authorized a replacement.
That says it all right there. If you are having the experience I did with Samsung on a punny microwave I would take another brand replacement in a heartbeat.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #11

River park is a big supplier to Entegra.

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 12-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Been there, done that w previous SOB MH's refer compressor died at 1 mo past MH mfr warranty yr. We too looked in vain for anyone who would agree to "service" residential appliance. All refused due to it being in a MH.

Our MH factory svc removed and reinstalled 'same OEM model/brand/size refer.' Only negative was all labor / new refer cost was all ours. Pro was we could trust MH mfr not to mess anything up in the process (they did take out entry door & screen, copilot seat, dash cowling, and grab bar beside copilot seat; as well as take doors off dead & replacement refer ) ..and refer in / out did fit through entry door

Fyi, our previous was a Kitchenaide (twice ). Our S & B has a large 29 cf Samsung we are very happy with. So, for our part, we were glad to see our Cornerstone OEM Samsung refer.

Not sure if Entegra factory service would do the removal & install if you stayed with the OEM brand / size again, for a labor & / or parts cost to you like our SOB did ? Also, would entry door like we used for our residential refer replacement process be a possibility rather than removing a window?

Residential appliances are wonderful in MHs, but a major head ache to replace. Our thoughts are choose whatever brand you like, that fits the space...all refers in MH get "shaken not stirred" on the road ...Good Luck ..we can certainly empathize

Safe travels to all
BeHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:10 PM   #13

How old is this Samsung?

I thought 'residential fridges' were the CURE for absorption fridge issues.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 10:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
How old is this Samsung?

I thought 'residential fridges' were the CURE for absorption fridge issues.
From a firefighter's perspective, they're certainly the cure for the fire danger that absorption fridges pose. RVIA says 62% of RV fires are fridge related. That's a big number.

Tags
ace, refrigerator, replace, replacement