Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #1

Regarding the odor thread, I replaced

3 valves on the Aspire, but I still get an odor from the washer area.

Is there a 4th valve behind the washer that needs replacement?

Also, there was a mention of the drain hose behind the washer needed to be shortened too. How much should I shorten the hose?
Robert L is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Could be a valve behind the washer, ours has one.

Drain hose: It needs to shortened enough so it does not protrude past the pee trap on the washer drain. It will only allow odors if it goes past that trap. Ours did, shortening solved the problem. Shorten it so about six/eight inches goes into the pipe. Secure it with a tie wrap if you wish.

The other reason for odors can be that the pee trap is dry. This happens because not everyone uses their washer as often. When storing or if you do not expect to use the RV washer for an extended period you can put anti freeze in the pee trap and it will not evaporate as fast as water. Running the washer, of course, leaves the trap filled.

Another common reason for odors is that when you have a fan on like a fantastic and another roof vent open odors can be drawn into the coach from your roof vent pipe. In one vent out the other, or drawn from that pee trap because the pressure inside the coach changes enough to draw the odor.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #3

Thanks. much appreciated.

Wondering if other Aspire owners shortened their drain hoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by njs42 View Post
Could be a valve behind the washer, ours has one.

Drain hose: It needs to shortened enough so it does not protrude past the pee trap on the washer drain. It will only allow odors if it goes past that trap. Ours did, shortening solved the problem. Shorten it so about six/eight inches goes into the pipe. Secure it with a tie wrap if you wish.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #4

We have a 4th valve behind the washer, after replacement no odor.
Did not need to alter the drain hose.
azbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #5

I had this issue on my Anthem. I pulled the hose out so it wasn't in the trap and used plumbers putty to seal the drain to the washer hose as someone indicated this what the factory now does.
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #6

OK, Thanks guys

I'll pull the washer out tomorrow and get working on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMatt View Post
I had this issue on my Anthem. I pulled the hose out so it wasn't in the trap and used plumbers putty to seal the drain to the washer hose as someone indicated this what the factory now does.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:26 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I hope you do not have to pull it out. Mine is in a closet with shelves above. The bottom shelf is velcroed in, and takes some prying to get it out. But when removed I have access to the rear of the washer, the hose and the vent pipe. Hope you so as well.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #8

I have the DLQ and accessed the drain by the panel in the closet. Took just as long to get the screws out as it did to make the fix. Very simple.
MSMatt is offline   Reply With Quote