RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #15

OK, Yes I just checked and I have a white metal plate screwed to the left side of the cabinet cavity to the left side of the wall inside the cabinet. The top far right (on the metal plate switch box) is a HDMI female socket labeled HDMI 4K Input to main TV). I have never dealt with that metal plate before.... actually I have had a electronics repair tech tell me to move one thing or another at one time in the past, but just thought that was a patch plate into various cabling systems. I have never had to play with it before, but that sure 4K slot seems like it might be a HDCP cable up to the Television.

I have been trying to plug the ROKU into the back of the TV directly and cant get to it. I have tried to use cables that I know are connected into it, but the ROKU says they are not HDCP compliant. Maybe the ROKU plugged into that socket will do the trick.... I will give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.... I never thought to access the TV that way.

Thanks.... I'll give that a try.

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #16

Here is the situation on the Matrix....

I never had a matrix anything on the Anthem so this is all new to this Cornerstone as far as I am concerned. And my attitude is that I had enough problems and systems that were causing me problems on the coach, and the one thing that I did not have to worry about was the matrix. Once I figured put that the matrix remote was worthless and did nothing and that I had to manually move the "matrix" video from one system to another by pressing button down in the basement, I left well enough alone and never tried to understand or learn it. Until DIRECTV came along and I needed to abandon a well worn system (Sat TV) and try to get YouTubeTV .

Now, that is a piece of cake if all you want to do is watch Saturday Night Live on your cell phone..... or even watch it on a lap top computer ...... but trying to get this mess of electronics working so I can see it on the 50" HD has been like trying to solve a Rubik's Cube and not being smart enough to solve it.... I have avoided the mess of electronics above the fireplace like the plague.... as long as the TV turned on when I pressed the remote or the VegaTouch, I was good to go. Its still largely Greek to me.

So, I have given up on all this .... have to drive a 800 miles over the next couple of days so I am closing the door to the electronics mess and will watch what little TV we watch on the screen of my iPhone until we get back to Louisiana....

There are no laughing icons in most of my posts re. TVs.... I am not smiling much!

Gary

Old 10-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #17

I have unscrewed the 8 screws that penetrate the countertop and fasten into the plywood below. Reach in from side by window first the do fronts. Then move to right side with small ratchet style driver. Loosen back one and swivel TV mount to left and you can now access hdmi slots.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #18

Jim

That was the way it looked to me also.... But thank you for laying out what you did.... I would guess that it needs to be the recommendation on how to tackle this project for anyone that needs to get behind their TV for any reason.

Now, the hard part.... what was it like and what was involved in getting all the little screws back into where they belong to firmly hold down the TV support bracket again?

I think that when I tackle this whole deal, I am going to incorporate some sort of tilt/swivel/pan bracket.... maybe Bill's move-down bracket, but I sure as hell will not go through this mess just to get at the back of the main television ever again. Maybe Bill's air bladder idea under the TV to push it up and prevent it from rattling is also in the works.... this coach is mercifully quiet and I don't want to hear the TV jiggling along down the crummy interstates we have right now. I also must be able to know that the bracket and TV is not going to swing out on a harder than average left turn.

So, I have a lot of tools at the S&B and so I shall go another 2-3 weeks without TV and then this arrangement is going to be a thing of the past. Just not user friendly....

Gary
Old 10-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Gary,

I have a classic coach, so I can't help with all the TV relocation, mounting or matrix issues, but . . . .

My understanding is you want to watch YouTube TV on your 50' Samsung..

Someone else gave you the hit of using the Smarthub button on your Samsung remote to connect to other services. I had YouTube TV for the trial period and there is a YouTubeTV app in the smarthub. You simply select that app, log into YouTube and watch YouTube TV. You don't need a Roku or anything else to watch Youtube TV, except internet connection.

Caveat....if the TV is older than 2018, it may not have the Youtube TV app on Smarthub. I know you have a '19 coach, but who knows how far ahead they ordered the Samsung TV's. I have a '17 Samsung TV that does NOT have the app and a '20 Samsung that does have it.

Be sure you select the Youtube TV app and not the Youtube app. Both should be on your Smarthub. You should also have other apps for watching other services, like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, etc.....

Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Jim

That was the way it looked to me also.... But thank you for laying out what you did.... I would guess that it needs to be the recommendation on how to tackle this project for anyone that needs to get behind their TV for any reason.

Now, the hard part.... what was it like and what was involved in getting all the little screws back into where they belong to firmly hold down the TV support bracket again?

I think that when I tackle this whole deal, I am going to incorporate some sort of tilt/swivel/pan bracket.... maybe Bill's move-down bracket, but I sure as hell will not go through this mess just to get at the back of the main television ever again. Maybe Bill's air bladder idea under the TV to push it up and prevent it from rattling is also in the works.... this coach is mercifully quiet and I don't want to hear the TV jiggling along down the crummy interstates we have right now. I also must be able to know that the bracket and TV is not going to swing out on a harder than average left turn.

So, I have a lot of tools at the S&B and so I shall go another 2-3 weeks without TV and then this arrangement is going to be a thing of the past. Just not user friendly....

Gary
Gary, is there any reason you cannot use the OTA antenna and the Matrix HDMI port that others are using? Both are very simple. The Mobley now connected to the MH router works perfect for streaming devices plugged into the matrix. No need to go without TV until you get home.

Also, did this in the Classic when I first bought the Firestick. Since you are not using your Sat connection anymore, plug the streaming device into the Sat cable that goes to the TV. I did have to buy the cable end adaptor, double female. I did that to access my locals at home during hurricane Irma. Took 5 second to switch them. Select the Sat HDMI on the TV and it will have your steaming device.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:37 AM   #21

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
Gary,

I have a classic coach, so I can't help with all the TV relocation, mounting or matrix issues, but . . . .

My understanding is you want to watch YouTube TV on your 50' Samsung..

Someone else gave you the hit of using the Smarthub button on your Samsung remote to connect to other services. I had YouTube TV for the trial period and there is a YouTubeTV app in the smarthub. You simply select that app, log into YouTube and watch YouTube TV. You don't need a Roku or anything else to watch Youtube TV, except internet connection.

Caveat....if the TV is older than 2018, it may not have the Youtube TV app on Smarthub. I know you have a '19 coach, but who knows how far ahead they ordered the Samsung TV's. I have a '17 Samsung TV that does NOT have the app and a '20 Samsung that does have it.

Be sure you select the Youtube TV app and not the Youtube app. Both should be on your Smarthub. You should also have other apps for watching other services, like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, etc.....

Good Luck!
It must be the TV model, not the year. Our 2017 was delivered April 2016 so the TV is, at best, a 2016. It is a 4K TV and we have the apps on our hub. I'm sure Gary has the apps.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
It must be the TV model, not the year. Our 2017 was delivered April 2016 so the TV is, at best, a 2016. It is a 4K TV and we have the apps on our hub. I'm sure Gary has the apps.
It's not a question of whether it has apps, it's a question of whether it has the YOUTUBE TV App.... Seems you are not able to download apps to these TV's, so if they don't come on the TV, you are not able to get them. I have lots of apps in Smarthub, on the '17 model, just not the YouTube TV app. ...and the '17 is an 85" 4K UHD TV, so it's not a cheap model.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:05 AM   #23

Gary,
Putting screws back in are easy. The holes line up especially if you leave the back one in. I did this several times for different reasons.
Jim
Old 10-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #24

Removing / moving LR Samsung TV in 19 Cornerstone

Have you tried taking the sound bar out from underneath the tv. Helps some with access. I have a 2017 44b and had to replace my tv.
vsayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:05 AM   #25

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
It's not a question of whether it has apps, it's a question of whether it has the YOUTUBE TV App.... Seems you are not able to download apps to these TV's, so if they don't come on the TV, you are not able to get them. I have lots of apps in Smarthub, on the '17 model, just not the YouTube TV app. ...and the '17 is an 85" 4K UHD TV, so it's not a cheap model.
Got it. Iím used to seeing the You Tube app on my TV, but not the You Tube TV app, which I donít use.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #26

I was able to plug a Chromecast device into HDMI3, '17 aspire 44b.

I removed the sound bar and went in from underneath, I think with my left hand, twisted kinda funny, with my wife holding a flashlight and mirroe down from the top so I could see what I was doing.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:29 PM   #27

Arrived in State College where we are going to cool out heals for a little more than a week. Will have some time to play with it and see if I can get it going here. I DO have the youtube ICON on the TV along that smart app bar at the bottom. THAT YOU. As soon as I read that up in Danbury CT WalMart, we tried it and it worked just great. The problem with that was that we had been at RV parks that had no cell signal from ATT either in upstate NH or out on Bar Harbor. We just happened to pick places that had no ATT service.... good Verizon service, and my in-coach WIFI is connected to the unlimited Mobley and I didnt want to screw with it. I have good AT&T service here, I think and will start playing to see what I can do.

The other problem is that I have 4 or 5 HDMI cables here in the coach plus the ones already in the coach (from the old DirecTV box and the DVD player. The problem is that the ROKU did a test on the connections available and "decided" they were not "HDCP compliant" whatever that is. Googled it and it seems that certain cables are compliant and some are not. I think that has something to do with preventing someone from "stealing" for pay services, but I pay for what I was trying to watch. Maybe someone has experience with getting a ROKY device (which I just bought) to work or at least to "try again" to figure if my cables were OK.

All of this is a bit strange to me.... I've just never tried to figure it out before. So, thanks for the feedback and suggestions ... I'll give them a try and see what I can learn.

Gary