RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #1

Removing / moving LR Samsung TV in 19 Cornerstone

I wonder if anyone has figured out the secret of removing or turning the 50" Samsung TV in the living room of a 2019 Cornerstone Floor Plan B (TV above the "fireplace")?

From what I can see, the main TV is held in place by a heavy steel bracket. 4 screws through the Steel bracket into the TV back in a standard configuration. The steel bracket is mounted to the fireplace and granite surface with 8 Philllips Head screws. Now if one looks into the compartment above the fireplace, one sees a piece of wood (plywood) that is just below the bottom of the granite countertop. Now, my guess is that the 8 phillips head screws pass through the granite counter top through holes where the threads of the screws make no contact with the granite, but go though the thickness of the countertop and screw into the piece of wood that I see held to the bottom of the granite countertop.

Now, getting all 4 bolts that hold the TV to the bracket is going to take a ratchet with a very long handle to reach the four screws from the left side of the television (since you cannot get to those screws from the bottom, right side, or top.... not enough room, so they all have to be loosened from the left side of the TV... my arms are not long enough to get to the screws on the right side of the steel bracket

So, who knows how to do this task. I don't need to remove the TV completely. What I am trying to do is get a ROKU or HDCP HDMI cable into one of the HDMI slots.

A second issue.... does anyone know if any of the three HDMI female slots on this 50" Entegra installs are HDCP compliant sockets???? I have read through the Samsung manual and they don't seem to mention it at all.....

Frustrating Open for all suggestions.

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Gene or Tommy, did a nice photo post on installing a swivel mount. They also discussed removing the TV. Search bar should find it.

I don't know much about the new modes, but the Matrix bar in the entertainment center, has a blank HDMI slot for A firestick, etc. Worked on my Firestick when I tried it.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #3

Spartan Chassis
Gary,

Working with the cables on the back of the front TV on a B is difficult (impossible) with the way it's mounted. The bolts going into the back of the TV are not hard to get out but you are correct, long enough arms are needed. I think I used a long socket without an extension.

I know this is more than you asked about but since Chuck mentioned mounts here's some added info if you want to make the cables easily accessible.

I removed my front TV to remount it using using a Mantel Mount, found here:

https://www.mantelmount.com/products...enhanced-mount

My main reason for remounting was to lower the TV since it's mounted too high for comfortable viewing at the short distances involved. We don't have theater seating and I watch from the passenger seat. Note: With theater seating I may not have installed this mount.

The mount has the added benefit of providing full swivel and tilt and, since it opens up all the space behind the TV, allowed me to relocate the subwoofer to behind the TV, a much better position than in the cabinet under the table. It also made it easy to add an AppleTV connected to an open HDMI port and completely eliminated the cable access problem. It may be more than most want but it is the ultimate mount for a B without theater seating.

I remounted using the original rigid mount as the base, with some 1/4" x 2" aluminum on the sides to secure the new mount. To counter any cantilever effect I removed the wood screws (you mentioned these) that go through the countertop into the plywood with bolts, washers and nuts. To drill through the plywood I put a cookie sheet on top of the electronics below the plywood to catch the debris. In the stow position the mount is not evident. Note: Using this mount in the space available required precision measuring and mounting.

The mount also comes with a bracket to carry the sound bar so the sound isn't behind the TV when it's moved.

Here are photos of my TV stowed and at view height; watching is very comfortable in this position.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1240.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	263012

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1244.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	233.6 KB
ID:	263010
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #4

Chuck

Thanks for the information and the link. That helps a lot. Maybe Gene, Tommy, or Bill will come on here and give me some more information. How did the TV ride after doing your new wall mount bracket change? I would worry that it would be banging and jiggling the whole time you drove down the road. Secondly, after you did it, were you happy you made the change to the tilt, pan, swivel bracket and would you do it again? The basic problem is that I would just like to be able to access the HDMI and audio/video sockets which are on the back of the TV but oriented toward the right side of the TV and there is no way in hell that any normal human can get their hands between the wall of the slide and the TV, or the top of the TV and the ceiling, or even removing the Bose sound bar, get your hands/arm under the TV to get to the sockets. This damn TV is mounted in such a way that a normal individual can NOT get to the sockets. Just amazing!!!

Now, the only way that I can see to get to the large steel bracket that holds the TV is either from the left side and somehow be able to get to all 4 large bolts going through the bracket into the TV (and two of those bolts are on the far side of the steel mount and impossible to get to), OR, remove the 8 Screws that go through the granite and screw into the board that the screws can screw into.... getting them all out may be possible, but getting them all back into the same 8 holes would be virtually impossible... and that only solves one problem trying to access the HDMI and input/output sockets. My hunch is that this mess was installed in Middlebury with a right angle drill that simply drills the 8 screws through the granite and into the board under the granite. This is conceivably the dumbest installation that I have ever encountered.... amazing.... obviously designed by someone who has never tried to replace or modify this set up.

Maybe there is something really obvious that I am missing and I would certainly appreciate it if someone has the secret to making this simple task possible (inserting a ROKU stick into the one available HDMI socket which is impossible with my arms and hands....)(I have tried to use the HDMI cable from the now defunct DirecTV box but ROKU says the cable is not HDCP compliant and refuses to pass the signal to the TV..(Samsung swears that that all three HDMI sockets in this TV are HDCP compliant).. -- -- The ROKU thinks I want to steal YouTubeTV which I am paying for..... Here is another example of where technology is taking us backwards rather than forward) (Please Lord, don't make me crawl back to DirecTV to re-install their crappy/impossible service just to be able to watch TV again !!!!!!!!!!! -- -- --

Deprived of TV for 2 months for the first time in my life at this point (my parents bought a TV when I was about 2 years old....) since that time, all I've had to do is turn the TV on ( .... I can't take it.... No TV.... no news .... no mindless watching lousy programs for hours ......... -- )

I know, ..... I could read a book.

All this, because DirecTV cant figure out how to send a replacement DVR to an address other than the California address I have never had or lived at my entire life..... because I am on the road for a long trip.... (Place pistol to head..... pull trigger....

Gary
Old 10-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #5

Spartan Chassis
Gary,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post

How did the TV ride after doing your new wall mount bracket change? I would worry that it would be banging and jiggling the whole time you drove down the road.

The TV and mount ride fine. The mount itself is very sturdily built. Additionally, while driving I use an air bladder under the front of the TV mount handle to make sure thereís no rattling. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Strong-...WF/ref=sr_1_9?
http://crid=YUTWV6DK3NXF&keywords=rh...s%2C152&sr=8-9

Secondly, after you did it, were you happy you made the change to the tilt, pan, swivel bracket and would you do it again?

I would definitely mount mine again because it allows me to lower the TV by 18Ē or more. Itís made watching TV more comfortable for my neck since my headís not constantly tilted backward. We thought about theater seating, but we have people stay with us often enough that we decided to keep the Queen bed in our 100Ē sofa. The tilt and swivel have also eliminated all of our reflection and glare issues.

The basic problem is that I would just like to be able to access the HDMI and audio/video sockets which are on the back of the TV but oriented toward the right side of the TV and there is no way in hell that any normal human can get their hands between the wall of the slide and the TV, or the top of the TV and the ceiling, or even removing the Bose sound bar, get your hands/arm under the TV to get to the sockets. This damn TV is mounted in such a way that a normal individual can NOT get to the sockets. Just amazing!!!

Itís not likely you can away without demounting the TV at least once. So, what about an HDMI Switch? You would still have to unmount the TV one time to install the switch, but after that the switch inputs/outputs would be accessible behind the TV. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Awakel...tronics&sr=1-5

Now, the only way that I can see to get to the large steel bracket that holds the TV is either from the left side and somehow be able to get to all 4 large bolts going through the bracket into the TV (and two of those bolts are on the far side of the steel mount and impossible to get to)

You definitely want to remove the 4 bolts, not the screws. How about enlisting the help of someone with longer arms? You need two people anyway. Itís been 2 years since I remounted my TV but I donít remember having to go through too many contortions to reach the bolts on the far right side. I had my son help me; he has longer arms than I do.
See above
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 10-09-2019, 11:53 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, is there any reason that you are not using the Matrix bar in the cabinet that already has the extra HDMI port? It's working for me.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 10-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #7

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Gary, is there any reason that you are not using the Matrix bar in the cabinet that already has the extra HDMI port? It's working for me.
Chuck,

I forgot the 18s and newer have the matrix. That does sound like a good solution for Gary.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 10-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Chuck,

I forgot the 18s and newer have the matrix. That does sound like a good solution for Gary.
I couldn't figure out why it was so difficult when I mentioned it in my first post there was a matrix HDMI port.

I guess I need to stick to Classics when answering questions.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 10-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #9

Chuck

I didn't "get it" because I still don't understand the recommendation, I guess. Do you mean an extra HDMI socket down in the matrix compartment downstairs in the basement, or do you mean some aspect of the matrix system that has a plug or connector up in the fireplace/television compartment? I am aware of no matrix socket up in the coach. Now, I have tried to use the HDMI cables from the Blue Ray DVR and also the HDMI cable from the non-working DirecTV box.... and, the Roku says that neither of those cables are "HDCP Compliant" and will not let me show YouTubeTV or DISH or Amazon video I am paying for on the Samsung TV.

I may well be out of my depth on all of this and am hoping that someone helps me understand or just knows how all of this goes together that can give me some good advice.

Gary
Old 10-09-2019, 02:02 PM   #10

Gary,
My bet is that the front tv in the b models is mounted on the fireplace cabinet BEFORE the entire assembly is set into the slide....just like the fridge is...I'm watching this thread with interest!

John
44b
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #11

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Chuck

I didn't "get it" because I still don't understand the recommendation, I guess. Do you mean an extra HDMI socket down in the matrix compartment downstairs in the basement, or do you mean some aspect of the matrix system that has a plug or connector up in the fireplace/television compartment? I am aware of no matrix socket up in the coach. Now, I have tried to use the HDMI cables from the Blue Ray DVR and also the HDMI cable from the non-working DirecTV box.... and, the Roku says that neither of those cables are "HDCP Compliant" and will not let me show YouTubeTV or DISH or Amazon video I am paying for on the Samsung TV.

I may well be out of my depth on all of this and am hoping that someone helps me understand or just knows how all of this goes together that can give me some good advice.

Gary
Gary,

Have you tried temporarily watching through the Smart Hub on the TV? You get to that by pressing the colorful button in the middle of the remote. On my remote that button looks like a 3D cube. The TV itself needs to be connected to your internet source to use You Tube, etc. It’s best to make an Ethernet cable connection from your TV to your internet connected router, rather than using wireless. The 17s don’t have a matrix so I can’t help with that.

EDIT: I just realized if you can’t get to the HDMI ports you probably can’t get to the network port either; you could try wireless. Have you looked for the matrix box Chuck mentioned is in the compartment above the fireplace?
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Old 10-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Gary, You are the expert on the newer models, not me, but Nowabeachbum showed me the Matrix HDMI bar in the entertainment center cabinet above the fireplace where to plug in my Firestick , worked perfect. I didn't have to get behind the TV, it was plug and play. I think it is labeled AUX, but I am not at the MH, so I guess someone will have to look. If it was a Classic I would have a photo, but it's a new model so I don't have one. I tried to pass on what was passed on to me, but I guess it was of no help.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
Old 10-09-2019, 02:59 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
The plug in our B is located inside the ďdrawerĒ below the TV - the area where the DVD player and satellite box is located. Itís on the left (as you are facing it) wall and is marked HDMI TO ALL. not sure where yours will be but itís been there on every 19 and 20 we have seen. Iíll try to remember to take a picture once we stop today.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:47 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Linda, it's the same location on mine. At least I know I was not dreaming. I'll go back to being silent on the newer models.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU