Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
So how does your mod affect use of the NAV? Assume you have a separate Nav unit or don't use it?
The navigation function on the radio is not affected and no I donít use it. I donít trust the Chinese to keep me informed on which roads in America are big rig friendly, bicycle friendly perhaps, motorhome friendly never..
Gary

2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
In regard to the video tap mod described by lp5151 you could try contacting Tim at rvcams dot com - he might have some sort of pre-made adapter cable (I guess I would call it a splitter) that would do the job without the need for the surgery. If such a cable exists it might not be on the web site so best to drop him a note. These folks have been very helpful with my prior camera installations.
Actually, I was thinking (usually a dangerous thing so beware), but there might be another way to achieving the equivalent of lp151's mod to split the video from the camera and feed it to both the Voyager monitor and the Xite Monitor Camera input.

The Voyager monitor cable assembly has a yellow RCA female monitor output that repeats the displayed video. The Xite apparently has some kind of monitor input (AUX input?) - I haven't pulled the Xite out of the dash and the documentation doesn't say, but I have a hunch the AUX/Camera input connector is probably also of the RCA variety.

So, for very little to no cost and just by plugging a composite video cable between the two jacks you should be able to have the camera view on both the Voyager and Xite monitor (AUX input) at the same time.

Also, since the Xite has an Entegra installed composite video feed already wired to the overhead front TV (Set the TV source to AV), I think you could also display whatever you have the "AUX ZONE" set to on the Xite on the big screen. For Example Set the Xite "AUX ZONE" to NAV and set the Xite "MODE" to AUX (camera) and you will have two camera views in the dash as well as the NAV on the big TV all at the same time.

The Xite manual says it also accepts triggers so you there are all kinds of possible configuration options here.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Actually, I was thinking (usually a dangerous thing so beware), but there might be another way to achieving the equivalent of lp151's mod to split the video from the camera and feed it to both the Voyager monitor and the Xite Monitor Camera input.

The Voyager monitor cable assembly has a yellow RCA female monitor output that repeats the displayed video. The Xite apparently has some kind of monitor input (AUX input?) - I haven't pulled the Xite out of the dash and the documentation doesn't say, but I have a hunch the AUX/Camera input connector is probably also of the RCA variety.

So, for very little to no cost and just by plugging a composite video cable between the two jacks you should be able to have the camera view on both the Voyager and Xite monitor (AUX input) at the same time.

Also, since the Xite has an Entegra installed composite video feed already wired to the overhead front TV (Set the TV source to AV), I think you could also display whatever you have the "AUX ZONE" set to on the Xite on the big screen. For Example Set the Xite "AUX ZONE" to NAV and set the Xite "MODE" to AUX (camera) and you will have two camera views in the dash as well as the NAV on the big TV all at the same time.

The Xite manual says it also accepts triggers so you there are all kinds of possible configuration options here.

Yup, Ron, all that is pretty much true, but the Ďmonitor outí signal is going to mirror whatever is on the monitor. When you use the turn signal, you will change the view on all of the monitors. When I originally did this, I checked for alternatives and found both mechanical and cable splices but the cheapest was more than $30.00! Which depending on where you are at is 2 cases of beer! Beer won!!
2017 Cornerstone(All Sold)
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Tom, yes it is fairly straight forward, just take the bezel loose and pull it right out. However, you can likely check the connection by taking out the drawer below it in the console and using a small flashlight to look up behind the unit.
I hate to interrupt this great discussion about changing camera views etc, but wish to return to my original reason for this thread and that is how to remove the Xite unit.

Gene, I've removed the bezel and the 4 screws. The unit sits tightly in the slot so is there a special tool I need to use to coax it out. I don't want to break the plastic front or bend something by prying it out. I'm missing the obvious this morning.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #19

I do not think you need anything special. There is a radio tool -- thin, short shiny tool that you can wedge between the frame and unit to help pull it out-- that can assist. I have not had mine out of this unit but took the one out of the 2011 anthem and it was snug but did come out. They MAY have changed something. I really do not know.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I do not think you need anything special. There is a radio tool -- thin, short shiny tool that you can wedge between the frame and unit to help pull it out-- that can assist. I have not had mine out of this unit but took the one out of the 2011 anthem and it was snug but did come out. They MAY have changed something. I really do not know.
Thanks again, Gene. I will keep my eye out for the thin, short shiny tool".
Old 04-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
DIN Removal Tool

Sorry about getting off topic. Is there in fact such a tool (DIN Removal Tool) for the Xite? We did not get one or even an install manual which would have told us. Does anyone have the install docs for the Xite? Sent a note to Riverpark asking the question but no response. We did get a DIN removal tool for the Sony radio in the outside ent. center.

Tags
dash