Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2018, 07:38 AM   #29

Dietszer

I think many of us found that the change to the Buehler manufactured pumps to our AquaHot back to the days when AquaHot installed only high quality pumps in their units.... a time before someone decided to try cheap Asian junk pumps to make more profit.

I, for one, am beyond the point of looking for “cheap” alternatives to the Buehlers.... I would only be interested in something at least as good or better than the current Buehlers.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2018, 09:09 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dietzster View Post
Any updates on alternative pump usage? Would be nice to have flow specs on the originals.

For the price I might try one of those cheap VW ones #1K0965561J

If they aren't working out this one is my next choice.
https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/dcw-dc-9001
The Summit unit at $114. is getting very close to the cost of a Buehler which can be had for $150 or close to. My target price range for a good replacement would be around $50. Like Gary said, the Buehler is a proven part. Also the flow on theSummit at 4 GPM is a bit more than others tested. At a higher flow rate, you will lose heat transfer to the floor registers.
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #31

.............. and remember, the AquaHot box floor is cut out specifically for the brand pump that they are installing so that the pump anchors into the floor of the unit quickly and easily. It took adapters and monkeying around to go from the cheapos in my 2015 to the Buehlers..... if they are cut for Buehler now on my new one, until I hear differently, I will be replacing them with the same thing as in it when it arrives. The $40 does not compare to the pain of dealing with failed pumps when you are on the road or needing to get to a dealer.

I dealt with this 3 times.... 1 or 2 105s upgraded to 108s. More 105s upgraded to 108s, 2 108s failing and AH willing to pay for only two 108s that had failed to get 2 more expensive Buehlers, me deciding that I would be happy to pay for 2 more Buehlers out of my own kitty to be rid of all the cheapo Asian knock-offs, and get Buehlers all around..... and had no further problems for the rest of the time that I owned the coach..... PERFECT !!

"Penny wise -- pound foolish" is my motto on these sorts of things.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:38 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Red light on AH status board next to your White AH box in basement.
My pump 3 has a dim green light and so has Zone 3. No red lights. I was told by a tech the pump needs replaced. Is there another reason for this indicator. Thanks
Rusaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:55 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusaved View Post
My pump 3 has a dim green light and so has Zone 3. No red lights. I was told by a tech the pump needs replaced. Is there another reason for this indicator. Thanks
What year coach? There have been 3 motor type changes since 2014. Was that an Aqua Hot factroy tech?

Have you spoke with Aqua Hot directly? Their troubleshooting dept is normally very good over the phone. Is zone 3 heating?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #34

Still checking on aqua hot.

The red light now is on pump 3 but the low temp cutoff status is also lit. The heat is coming out of the vents but it is not a strong push of air. This is my first experience with this set up so I don’t know what is normal. We run out of hot water hot water in two short showers. Heating zone status is not lit as well. No red lights. Found the manual but have not found the answers yet. Thank you for your help.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:10 PM   #35

07 Tiffin. Aqua hot was an upgrade by previous owner was serviced in 8/18. I have not spoken to aqua hot as yet. I have a cert. tec coming by tomorrow. Thanks again. Dave
Old 03-20-2019, 04:42 AM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusaved View Post
The red light now is on pump 3 but the low temp cutoff status is also lit. The heat is coming out of the vents but it is not a strong push of air. This is my first experience with this set up so I don’t know what is normal. We run out of hot water hot water in two short showers. Heating zone status is not lit as well. No red lights. Found the manual but have not found the answers yet. Thank you for your help.
Year of coach is going to help.
It sounds like you do have pumps out. If the hot water only lasting a short time, your stir pump is out. Going back to 2007, I can't help with any knowledge of the Aqua Hot. My first one was a 2014.

Easiest test is to remove the cover, three 9/16 bolts, tape the switch on the lower right side down, turn all heat zones and hot water on, then feel the motors with your hand to see if one or more are not running.

Here are several post with low temp cut off found in the search bar at the top of the page. Many with fixes http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aqua...ff-370452.html
When was the last time the Aqua Hot was serviced? If a tech is coming out, watch how he does the service for the fuel nozzle and filter which should be done annually. If DIY it will save you $200. a year. Nozzle and filter are about $25. I use WIX fuel filters from any auto parts, much cheaper. Nozzles are $15. online, or buy a spare from the service tech.... one should be carried as they can go bad prematurely.
Old 03-19-2023, 07:06 AM   #37

Glad I found this thread as I was looking for just a replacement plug for the pump and it is 75-89 dollars depending on the source. So you can get two pumps for less than the price of a plug. The gouging markup is ridiculous.

Gary
JedTheFed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:46 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedTheFed View Post
Glad I found this thread as I was looking for just a replacement plug for the pump and it is 75-89 dollars depending on the source. So you can get two pumps for less than the price of a plug. The gouging markup is ridiculous.

Gary
Take RV out of the part number and the prices are reasonable. Thinking outside the box is usually much better than Remove and Replace with RV parts.
Old 03-19-2023, 09:49 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thinking outside the box...
Sage advice from brobox. Do I sense a degree of irony?

Sorry, Chuck, I couldn't resist.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-19-2023, 01:17 PM   #40

I too have changed out 2 of the 3 circ pumps on my Aquahot with the VW version. They have been working for over a year now and so far so good!
My next chore is to drain,flush and change the transfer fluid (antifreeze) and get rid of the gunk these pumps move. When I have the system open I'd like to change out the radiator hoses from the 1/2 check valves to the 3/4 inch pump size....I have done the adapter route when I converted because I couldn't locate a 1/2in hose that that has a 3/4 in bell formed into it...has anybody come across a hose like this?

John
2015 44b
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:39 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorse1 View Post
I too have changed out 2 of the 3 circ pumps on my Aquahot with the VW version. They have been working for over a year now and so far so good!
My next chore is to drain,flush and change the transfer fluid (antifreeze) and get rid of the gunk these pumps move. When I have the system open I'd like to change out the radiator hoses from the 1/2 check valves to the 3/4 inch pump size....I have done the adapter route when I converted because I couldn't locate a 1/2in hose that that has a 3/4 in bell formed into it...has anybody come across a hose like this?

John
2015 44b
This ^^^^^.

You can get the pump from Aquahot for $200.

Or, for ours, you can get exact same pump from Cooper Standard for $95. Identical part, same logo, same part number as our originals, less than half the price.

Or, you can get the VW Scirroco auxiliary cooling pump for (IIRC) $65 from VW.

Or, you can a non-OEM Scirocco pump from Amazon for $30.

For either of the last two, you need to put the connector on pigtail.

I went with the $30 one from Amazon. So far, so good.
n2zon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 03:35 PM   #42

The electrical hookup was the easy part. I used crimped spade connectors to allow easy future changes if necessary...the hard part was getting a 1/2 in hose and an adaptor to 3/4 in hose and a 3/4 in hose and new pump into an 8 inch +- space! I got it in there, but it could be a lot cleaner with either 1/2 in or 3/4 inch all the way through...

John
2015 44b
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, ace