Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
According to the 19 Cornerstone on NIRVC site, tear drop docking lights.
Nothing wrong with either light. I hope others will add more styles to choose from.

A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-carpet View Post
We can't find them in the 3 wire configuration.

Hi Jeanne,

I actually called Kaper last week with the part number from one of my amber lights and they told me they had a couple hundred of the amber. They have them in red but did not give me a number.

I tried to confirm if they could provide them with the appropriate sealed connection for our Entegra's said they would have to get back to me on that.

Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:27 AM   #17

Thanks Chuck.... pretty clear they are teardrop lights used on the docking lights.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Hi Jeanne,

I actually called Kaper last week with the part number from one of my amber lights and they told me they had a couple hundred of the amber. They have them in red but did not give me a number.

I tried to confirm if they could provide them with the appropriate sealed connection for our Entegra's said they would have to get back to me on that.

Richard

That's great Richard...! I think you just need to change the "A" to an "R", the rest of the number stays the same.

Can they sell direct or at least provide a source to purchase them?
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have been doing a lot of research for good looking plug and play lights and I may have found them. I want to thank Magic Carpet, Jeanne and Rick White for sharing ideas and links with me which I will post.

These are the best lights I have found so far that are turn and marker 3 wire lights. They are flush mount 6" X 2.8" and can be mounted with or without the bezel. The bullet connectors I have used plugging into the Spartan factory plug and they seems to seal fine. I used liquid electrical tape around the connection for a double seal.
These lights come in different sets, see the bottom of the linked pages.
https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Signal...partsam+3+wire

Partsam 4x Red/Amber 6" 35LED Tear Drop Stop Turn Tail Lights Chrome Bezels Truck Trailer: Automotive

Rick White, of hdgoldie shared this link which are a Peterbuilt style 3 wire lights.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/14x-6-5-LED...-/252710609608

To do factory wiring, Jeanne, Magic carpet has researched her tail off and was kind enough to share these links for the plug kit and tool.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delphi-Weat...72.m2749.l2649

Tool to take factory light plugs apart.
https://www.amazon.com/Delphi-Packar...atherpack+tool

I hope others will post lights they have found that others may like. I am sorry I do not have a coach yet to do a photo post of the mod, hopefully someone else can post that.

None of these lights are reflective, but they are safe marker/turn signals. Looks like the light manufactures don't care if they are reflective because they do not make them that I can find.

Chuck - The eBay lights arrived today and we decided we didn't really care for the look when we held them up against the coach. We are returning them and have ordered the ones you found on Amazon. With a little luck Rick will have pictures of the install by the end of the month.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:27 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgoldie View Post
Chuck - The eBay lights arrived today and we decided we didn't really care for the look when we held them up against the coach. We are returning them and have ordered the ones you found on Amazon. With a little luck Rick will have pictures of the install by the end of the month.
Thanks for that update Linda. I will look forward to seeing how the tear drop lights look.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
According to the 19 Cornerstone on NIRVC site, tear drop docking lights.
Nothing wrong with either light. I hope others will add more styles to choose from.

FWIW my 2018 came w/teardrop docking lights. I replaced one already for water intrusion. On the one or two occasions I used them they worked well. I recall they are attached by an inordinately large number of screws, a snap on pry off bezel and a whole lot of screws securing the light to the coach. The light is a 3 led focused beam which means you can't simply remove it and wipe out the moisture from the clear lens. I know, I tried. Replaced under warranty.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Why not just use the ones Entegra used on the 2016-17 coaches.
Also used on the 2018's at least the early models. After reading this and the posts on the recall thread I'll just keep my side turn signals.
2020 Chevy Tahoe, etrailer XHD 10500 tow bar, Demco SMI AirForce 1.
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:50 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeg View Post
Also used on the 2018's at least the early models. After reading this and the posts on the recall thread I'll just keep my side turn signals.
Can someone offer up where they can be purchased? I am sure the 19 and soon to be 19 owners would like to know.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:33 AM   #24

Would not any of the 3 wire marker, turn-signal lights work. This is made in many flavors?https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x6-Oval-Ch...hZJ9jX&vxp=mtr
Old 04-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselgem View Post
Would not any of the 3 wire marker, turn-signal lights work. This is made in many flavors?https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x6-Oval-Ch...hZJ9jX&vxp=mtr
Yes, those lights would work. I'd make sure you can get them in Red also for the two rear lights.
Magic-carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #26

I would prefer 2 screw holes rather than 4. And it’s going to be important to determine the difference in brightness when flashing turn signals. If it hasn’t already been determined by the time I get my hands on the new coach, I am certainly willing to buy some lights and give them a bench test.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:47 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
I received two tear drop side marker/turn signals lights in yesterday that I wanted to test before ordering the remainder. They are going to work perfect on the 19 Entegra's for having safe side turn signals and marker light. With 35 LED's the are nice and bright in daylight, and will do the job. No they are not reflective, but I would rather be safe in traffic than politically correct with DOT.
These lights have the same shape as the docking lights and look much nicer than reflective rectangular truck lights that are DOT approved and that NIRVC is using to be compliant.

I have put in calls to Pat Carroll to ask about about any progress on turn signals on the 19's, but I have not had a return call, so I am going to proceed on my own and have ordered the remaining light needed.

If others have found a solution, please add, we could all use the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180429_091248.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	200860  
Old 04-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
These photos were sent to me by hdgoldie and Rick White showing the 19 factory light in photo one and the new tear drop lights in photo two.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2292.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	200863   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG952293.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	186.2 KB
ID:	200864