Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #1

Replacing Washing Machine 2017 Anthem 44B

We have an intermittent electronic problem with our clothes washer causing it to give the A10 error, been going on for a while, but of course, at our AIR it worked perfectly. So I am ready to give up,

They don't make the 2017 model (Westinghouse) any more, so I am wondering if anyone else has replaced theirs and what unit they purchased. The new entegras use another Westinghouse (I think), that appears to be slightly different in size, not much.

thanks for any feedback

Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
We have an intermittent electronic problem with our clothes washer causing it to give the A10 error, been going on for a while, but of course, at our AIR it worked perfectly. So I am ready to give up,

They don't make the 2017 model (Westinghouse) any more, so I am wondering if anyone else has replaced theirs and what unit they purchased. The new entegras use another Westinghouse (I think), that appears to be slightly different in size, not much.

thanks for any feedback

Van Sayler
2017 Anthem 44B
Entegra is now using whirlpool wfw3090dw washer. Ours went bad and we replaced it with the whirlpool wfw5090dw. The 5090 is an inch deeper, has a larger door and tub. DW loves the new one. Both of the above only have one inlet hose, washer heats the water as needed depending on selected cycle.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 07:31 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We replaced ours with a Splendide model in our 15 Aspire. Very happy with it BTW, it will fit thru the door but you need 2 strong people to lift it over the copilot chair and center dash area. If you need pictures of the removal send me a pm with email address.

Herb
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We replaced ours with an Electrolux model EFLS210TIW. It is much quieter and smoother (no more shaking the entire coach) than the OEM. Dimensions are the same and easily fit. The washer does have a plastic 2”-3” piece attached to the top back side (not sure of its purpose). I had to trim part of it to fit around the drain pipe. DW loves it! X2 on needing two strong people to move them in and out. They are heavy! We have an “A” floor plan, but no reason it wouldn’t fit on a “B”.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #5

We bought the new one from Home Depot. The two delivery men each had a harness to which the fastened a wide strap. Put the strap under washer, pulled slack out of strap, stood up with washer and walked into Mh. Was so easy I told them that was cheating. Anyway put new one in place, took old one out and was gone.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
J.H. Excellent suggestion!!! I didn't know Home Depot would install in a MH, they come to you instead of you going to them.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Camping world will install for $150. Nirv lewis match that the price so I had them do it
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
J.H. Excellent suggestion!!! I didn't know Home Depot would install in a MH, they come to you instead of you going to them.
Yeah Chuck I was going to pick it up at the store, but their delivery and install was no charge. I wound up setting it in place and hooking up just because I wanted to make sure everything was ok.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Yeah Chuck I was going to pick it up at the store, but their delivery and install was no charge. I wound up setting it in place and hooking up just because I wanted to make sure everything was ok.
That is the best deal in town! Their price for the stacked Whirlpools are about the best as well. Learned something new that their delivery and installation will include a MH. Did you have to remove any captains chairs or just turn them?
Thanks for sharing that information.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That is the best deal in town! Their price for the stacked Whirlpools are about the best as well. Learned something new that their delivery and installation will include a MH. Did you have to remove any captains chairs or just turn them?
Thanks for sharing that information.
We left the chairs facing forward. When those guys squatted down and hooked that wide strap, that was under the washer, to their harness they took the slack out of the strap. When they stood up the washer was about three feet off the ground, They just held the washer and walked up the steps. The washer was high enough it cleared the chairs and the bed. Like I said it was so easy I told them they were cheating. It was really kind of funny because I had been looking for a couple guys to help not knowing how they did it. When they delivered the new washer I told them I could get some help if needed. This little skinny guy came in the Mh to look at old washer and see how tough the removal/install would be. He looked at me and said “man that’ll be a piece of cake”. I thought I gotta see this and when I did I had to agree.
Old 01-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I would have liked to have seen that. I wonder how they would do the washer in the B. That doesn't look to be a piece of cake.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:02 PM   #12

Thanks to everyone for the information.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:29 PM   #13

Was going to recommend this thread to you to help with the install. When I pulled it up, I realized you wrote most of it.

Either way, others have contributed good info too, and a reference to it belongs in this thread.

Here it is: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/how-...4b-325740.html
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 12:26 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Had the same issue and more

Our washer has been worked on 3 times and most recently last week. This time they replaced the drive motor, motor control unit (MCU), and the pressure switch. He was going to replace the CCU which was replaced last time, but the new part was DOA out of the box. Fortunately, it was need since the other parts fixed the F06 issue. These parts alone exceeded the Cost of a new machine, but it was still just under warranty by 30 days. Whirlpool gives Entegra a 2 year warranty on washer and dryer. I talked to Whirlpool about just replacing the machine but since it was under warranty replacement was not an option.

If your washer has a history of documented repeated repair’s, Whirlpool has been known to replace the washer out warranty provided it is not over 3 years old. My concern is this washer is going to crap out after February 9 just after I am out of warranty. Whirlpool customer service said call back if this happens and there was a good chance they would take care of the issue. All being said it is still a pain in the As* to remove the 2 units. I know because I have removed them twice myself. Seriously considered buying a replacement brand but that is no guarantee you will not have problems.

Another consideration is that the replacement model’s are dimensionally bigger which in my case may present a problem especially in the width. The new model is 24” wide and my opening is exactly 24”. My washer/dryer closet is very tight.

Also the A10 issue can be the Control unit (CCU), water pump, and/or the pressure switch. These machines do not like a lot of soap suds. I had that issue and F06 code.

Good luck.
rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem