Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry I misread the post. I was thinking on the L bracket on top of the dyer where the units are stacked on top of each other.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2019, 08:46 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
Rorr1821
do you have a before picture???
Did the black pipe move from one wall to another?
thanks
Van
Van:
The pipe was on the back wall. Before and after picture.

Ray
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27945DC5-CF05-448D-913D-939CEF92B8EE.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	241555   Click image for larger version

Name:	9C87960C-75EC-443C-8D7C-21AA43A0C484.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	350.5 KB
ID:	241556  

rorr1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #17

Ray

based on this picture it looks like you moved the dryer vent down a little and I am guessing that the power outlet is just out of view in the second picture.

thanks so much, its very helpful to see his ahead of time.

Van
Old 04-11-2019, 09:56 AM   #18

Herb
I redid that Bracket on top of the dryer, I had to cut my finished wood cross piece to get my dryer out so I redid it so that it would be easier to get out next time.
Van
Old 04-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #19

I have ordered the Whirlpool 5090 from Lowes, but they expect it to take almost 1 month to get their hands on one.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:40 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Dryer Vent

Quote:
Ray

based on this picture it looks like you moved the dryer vent down a little and I am guessing that the power outlet is just out of view in the second picture.

thanks so much, its very helpful to see his ahead of time.

Van
Van:
My dryer vent was way off center and was causing the vent duct to be very constricted. Now it is almost a straight shot from the dryer to the back of the wall. As I am sure know, a dryer is much more efficient with a short unrestricted duct. In fact I talked one owner who has an Aspire and dryer duct went up the back wall and then back down to the engine compartment. He told me that it took forever to dry cloths. It was night and day after he rerouted it.

Yes the power for the dryer and washing machine is to the left but not shown in the picture.

The dryer arrived today and is sitting on my homemade wooden platform. The Whirlpool spec’s for the width are off. The old machine and new machine are the same width. That is a great relief. The depth appears to be the same for the body. However, the door is very large and protrudes more than the old machine door which accounts for the addition 1 1/8” increase for the new machine.

Some thought about preparation for delivery. I removed my passenger seat so as to reduce the risk of the delivery people from hitting the dash. I would not say it is absolutely necessary but I felt better. Also I removed the door from the old machine and new machine to reduce the overall width so as reduce the risk of an accident. It all paid off and everything went like clockwork.

The bracket Entegra had above my dryer was worthless. It was not attached to solid surface and provide no support. I could not find any evidence of a backer plate in the ceiling. On a previous removal I made an aluminum bracket which I attached to the the vertical walls left and right.

In my opinion the 44B washer/dryer location is such that both units need good support. The front to back force that can be excreted when braking/driving can cause things to shift.

Lunch is over now back to work.

Ray
Old 04-12-2019, 06:14 PM   #21

Ray
thanks for very for this info
Van
Old 04-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #22

Ray
can you tell me what size that drain pipe is? The new washer is coming in the next week or two and I want to go ahead and get that sleeve (female to female coupler). It looks to be around 1 inch.
thanks
Van
Old 04-29-2019, 09:20 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Drain pipe mod

Quote:
Ray
can you tell me what size that drain pipe is? The new washer is coming in the next week or two and I want to go ahead and get that sleeve (female to female coupler). It looks to be around 1 inch.
thanks
Van
I been having issues with the private email but this is what I sent yesterday.

I believe it is a 2” pipe but I am not positive. I purchased 1 1/2”, 2”, and 3” coupling when I did the mod to the drain pipe. I got them from Lowe’s and they were under $5.00. The pipe is ABS but you could use PVC provided you get universal glue that is compatible.

This new machine is great! The install went great but very tight tolerances so take careful measurements. The back wall on my coach is slanted.

Ray
Old 04-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #24

I believe the drain is 11/2 in. Ray is correct the new 5090 whirlpool machine is great, you’ll like it.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:55 AM   #25

My washer is coming on Monday. I have been assuming that they can just take it in and out the front door, can anyone confirm that? (DW is worried!)
thanks
Van
Old 05-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #26

Quote:
My washer is coming on Monday. I have been assuming that they can just take it in and out the front door, can anyone confirm that? (DW is worried!)
thanks
Van
Yes, it will go through the doors. The two guys that delivered ours had a wide strap they put under the washer. Then they put on a harness, squatted down fastened the wide strap to their harness. When they stood up the washer was a couple feet off the ground. From there they just held on to the washer and walked up the Mh steps and all the way to the back bath. It was so easy I told them that was cheating. No seats out or anything else. They first took the old one out the same way.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:16 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
thanks
Van
Van:
I would recommend removing the washing machine door from both the new and old machine. By removing the door you will reduce the overall width by 2”+. I am not sure the new machine would have gone through my entry door without removing the machine door. Also as I posted previously removing the passenger seat reduces the risk of hitting the dash area. Removing the passenger seat is not difficult it just requires 2 people because it is very heavy.

Ray
Old 05-05-2019, 11:33 AM   #28

Thanks Ray and J.H.

Tags
anthem