Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2013, 08:01 AM   #15

Thanks for the info on RA. I will make sure to avoid parks that use this system.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Pops,

Surely not another Coke in the morning for my caffeine kind of person...I thought I was the only person our age that carried that habit on from my college days. Of course, you could be referring too those cold frappes

Don't think anyone meant anything about the thread...we have become a community of Entegra owners and in the process have become comfortable with interacting with each other as we got our coaches over the past year, as the Entegra owners forum has also grown...that's a good thing. Can't say the same for RA in its entirety.

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #17

Pops youell you may have started a fire storm but I will throw some gas on it. On the news last night in Atlanta, Lake Lanier (one of the most vistied army corp of Engineers parks ) visited. Camp grounds are only open for 4 days a week this summer. The news media were interviewing people showing up planning to stay a week , but we told they could only stay Thur through Sunday because of budget cuts. Forced to leave on Monday but could return on Thursday if they could get reservations. The official on the news in an interview stated" the govt's budget was 3.6 million and they already spent 4 million just this year alone" so he had to take drastic measures because of budget cuts"

Now this makes as much sense as non-sense! You turn dollars $$$$$ away during the peak season for campers, (income ) but you justify closing all the camp grounds down (no income but you still have expenses to maintain) for 3 days of every week at peak season! I was agreeing with everyone but now i am thinking Reservation of america ( or similar company ), should maybe run the parks as well.

The way RA likes to charge fees obviously they have some savvy and would fiqure out a way to keep the parks open!!! Or at least they wouldn't have blown the budget by $400,000 with 4 months of the fiscal year to go. If they did they I am sure there contract would of been terminated at the end of the day!

I wonder if anyone else in America is having the same problem with their parks?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Mike, I hear you, but here's a little background on how this likely happened (I was living this as a senior budget person for a government agency until the end of the first quarter).

Prior to fiscal year start, the Office of Management and Budget told federal agencies, DO NOT plan for or take any action associated with sequestration (this would suggest to Congress that government agencies could do with less than the President budgeted for). Sequestration itself as written into law by Congress and signed by the President, and interpreted by the executive branch, says that each fiscal account must be cut by a certain percentage to reach year one fiscal requirements (so if COE Park Management is an account, then you have to cut Park Management by, say, 10%). Since sequestration didn't take place till 1 Jan, and you couldn't plan or execute in a way that suggested that it was really going to happen, agencies like COE had to spend as if the year was a normal budget year for the first quarter.

Then when sequestration occurred, and the agencies like COE had to now plan for reduced funding by budget line item, that took a couple months. Now you are half way through the fiscal year spending like it was a full year, and you have to take major cuts to meet numbers mandated by law. Choices are poor at this point. We're not to talk politics here, and I'm not pointing the finger, but there was a thread earlier in the year that discussed this and said to "...look out camper, because there will be an impact..." I just surprised it has taken till now.

It's a bum deal, and maybe the COE and other government agencies that must hire some management for campgrounds and facilities can and will find ways to adjust and outsource for next year, but adjusting just didn't leave many options.

For me, being ask to basically "not plan", but we planned anyway, but "not tell" employees because there were going to be impacts to salary, hiring, and staffing was too much. Part of the reason I retired. Just couldn't treat people that way. Couldn't lie to the general public that way either. I feel for the folks at the COE and other small agencies. They likely had very few choices with their personnel and staffing budget accounts.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Youell View Post
.... Concerning talking about this on the Entegra Owners Forum, what better place than this to ask other Entegra Owners their opinions. I read threads about all different types of inquires on this forum. When a person posts a thread, you title the thread so others can choose to either read them or not read them. There are many threads that don't interest me, so I don't read them. I will continue to ask my fellow owners questions about whatever I need an answer or opinion for. If you don't like the title of the thread, don't read it. Sorry to be so blunt, it's early and I haven't had my cold caffein yet.
+1
Old 06-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't use RA, but I do know that some private parks ( Silent Valley ) in southern California are charging their members an additional $ 400.00 per year to use their park. This is a fee that was charged to members after the signed contract. Thousand Trails is charging an additional fee of $ 65.00 per year for their members. They said it was because of additional fee's for the parks electrical service. How can they do this !!!!!
I had a business for 31 years, if I encountered an additional fee to complete a job, I had to eat it. What has happened to signed CONTRACTS. I think a Class Action lawsuit is in order. There again, only the lawyers will get rich. Oh well, maybe I also need another cup of caffeine.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #21

Dave, I have always had cold caffeine. I got through the Marine Corps, Houston PD, and as a Federal Special Agent without ever having a cup of Joe. Sorry but I don't think it smells very good. Have no idea how it tastes.

Pops Youell is offline   Reply With Quote