Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #1

Resetting the avg MPG

I am planning my first trip to the NW, towing our Cherokee. I have been getting 7.5mpg since day one. I'd like to see what kind of MPG I will get towing. I looked through the manual but did not find the answer. How do you clear the AVG MPG in the info center?

Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Press both arrow buttons at the same time.

brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Press both arrow buttons at the same time.
Tried that. All that cleared was the trip odom
Old 06-18-2017, 01:15 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Tried that. All that cleared was the trip odom
You probably can't clear it on your 2017. Spartan can update the software so it is resettable, but otherwise you can't reset it.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Here is the weird part......some of us could not reset the MPG after a Cummins update. After a Spartan update, the MPG became resetablefor me. I think there were a couple of posts of other new Entegra's that could not reset the MPG.

Here is one of the posts, maybe something there will help. Only pay attention to those that own Entegras. Other methods are only confusing the issue. How do I Zero MPG .
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:18 PM   #6

Adding a scangauge would give you that capability. I installed one this spring and found it convenient for monitoring many items.
We had a triptek system but is resets everything each time motor started. Not supposed to but apparently it is not tolerant to any drop in voltage.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #7

You probably don't want to really know anyway. LOL. We get a consistent 8mpg since day one. We didn't get it because it was economical and I bet you didn't either. Enjoy the ride the MPG will improve a bit with added mileage. Our delivery mileage showed 5.9 and about 700 miles. The driver didn't waste any time. We now have about 15,000 on the coach but it has been sitting since January while Flora recovers. The old Aspire DEQ was showing 8.2 lifetime when we traded (about 26,500 miles) and was just breaking in at that point. Have fun and see this great country while you can.
waterboy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:57 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Try pushing and holding the top button until you hear a beep. Should be less than 2 seconds. Mine wasn't working until a reflash at Spartan. It may have been working the whole time and I was just pushing too many buttons at once 😎

Hope that helps, Brian
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
On my 2017 Aspire at delivery (10/2016) I could not reset the AVG MPG either. But it can be fixed with a firmware reflash of the Spartan Message Center (aka LMC).

When I went to Spartan in April for an inspection I asked them to do the reflash and now I can reset the AVG MPG by holding down the right arrow for a few seconds on the message center, or on the equivalent left console switch.

On my 2013 I could do the reset. And on coaches built a few weeks after my 2017 the reset capability works also. Apparently there was a period of time where the capability went away for some reason.

The tech that did the reflash was Andy in Charlotte. The reflash is done with a laptop connected thru the J1939 port under the dash. I would think that an authorized Spartan service center could also do the job.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:58 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
My classic also resets the AVG MPG by pushing and holding the right arrow.

FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #11

I guess I'll have to get a reflash at some point. Thanks everyone
Old 06-21-2017, 06:01 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by voltdoc View Post
On my 2017 Aspire at delivery (10/2016) I could not reset the AVG MPG either. But it can be fixed with a firmware reflash of the Spartan Message Center (aka LMC).

When I went to Spartan in April for an inspection I asked them to do the reflash and now I can reset the AVG MPG by holding down the right arrow for a few seconds on the message center, or on the equivalent left console switch.

On my 2013 I could do the reset. And on coaches built a few weeks after my 2017 the reset capability works also. Apparently there was a period of time where the capability went away for some reason.

The tech that did the reflash was Andy in Charlotte. The reflash is done with a laptop connected thru the J1939 port under the dash. I would think that an authorized Spartan service center could also do the job.
I called both Entegra CS and Spartan today. I was told that the 2016's and some 17's are not able to reset the "Average MPG". However...... either Spartan or Entegra have the ability to re-flash the system with a corrected firmware to resolve the problem. I asked if I could have it done in Bend at Beaver Coach while there for other warranty items and was told that only Entegra or Spartan could do the correction. Hope his helps clarify the situation?
2004 Jeep Liberty Limited - FMCA #343990
BHutting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:52 AM   #13

I have a 2015 Anthem. While displaying the avg mpg, I just push and hold the right arrow and it resets...
Old 06-25-2017, 07:07 AM   #14

Initially, the MPG was a rational value, as was the Distance Until Empty value.

I never reset the MPG on any of my vehicles.

After our most recent Cummins visit, where they reflashed the ECM, our MPG is really high, resulting in a silly DTE value. I cannot reset the MPG value, but don't know if I ever could.

I'm hooking up my VMSPC again today.

Old fashioned hand calculations are the best to determine total MPG. This will include Aquahot use, etc.

I monitor MPG not for the purposes of economy, but to identify a problem early. If our MPG takes a nosedive for no rational reason, I take a look at what might be happening elsewhere on the vehicle. Typically, we see 7.5 MPG towing an F-150.

Best Regards,

-Matt

Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote