Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #1

Road Bicycling in florida

I am looking for any ideas on rv resorts in Florida that are close to paved bicycling paths and/ or good roads to ride on. Or any rv resorts with active bicycling groups.

Not off road/mountain bike paths but road bike riding! I took up semi- serious biking this year and would like to get any suggestions from fellow Entegra owners on Florida bicycle riding near good rv resorts/parks.

Thanks for any info.

Tom Volk
2013 anthem deq
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm not an Entegra owner, but Topsail Hill (it's a State Park, but FHU) in Santa Rosa is right on a paved multiple-use trail that runs for about 13 miles. Not a long way, I know, but 30A is typically pretty quiet, and I've done several 50+ mile rides on that.
jeffwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvolk View Post
I am looking for any ideas on rv resorts in Florida that are close to paved bicycling paths and/ or good roads to ride on. Or any rv resorts with active bicycling groups.

Not off road/mountain bike paths but road bike riding! I took up semi- serious biking this year and would like to get any suggestions from fellow Entegra owners on Florida bicycle riding near good rv resorts/parks.

Thanks for any info.

Tom Volk

2013 anthem deq

Sanibel and Captiva Islands have extensive bike paths but only one RV Resort. US1 through the Keys is pretty good riding if you are ok with sharing the roadway with cars. Through some areas there are dedicated bike lanes. Coastal Florida is very busy with car traffic and interior Florida is busy with trucks. In the winter months the road through the Everglades would be good.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Check Hanna Park in Jacksonville. Fernandina to Mayport paved trail. Pinellas Trail really long.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #5

There is a 20 mile trail in Altamonte Springs to Sanford (north orlando). Very nice paved trail.
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:18 AM   #6

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lots of possibilities!

This forum remains a great place to get info-- even on relatively obscure topics.

Tom Volk
tvolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #7

we lived in south florida for 18 yrs till 2000, we still go back to visit family and ride. While not a resort, we stay at john prince park. You can ride thru the park and get to A!A on 10th ave. you can go north to the inlet or go south for as far as you want to go. Bike lanes both ways and plenty of group rides if you want them.
we stayed at Port St lucie resort for a few days, there is no place to ride from the park unless you drive to A!A
Old 10-20-2014, 06:46 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
There is a 37 miles path in St Petersburg area and Legacy TRail in Venice area. Both nice. You can find bike paths on Bike Trails, Walking Trails & Trail Maps | TrailLink and find bike friendly routes on Google maps. Another idea is to use MapMyRide website and search for rides in the area you are considering. Have fun. I enjoy riding in Florida, no hills but plenty of wind.

Tags
florida