Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2018, 08:32 PM   #1

Road Hazard Insurance

When we bought our coach last August, our dealer (MH2G in Grand Rapids), talked me into purchasing road hazard insurance through NSD (nsdmc.com).

I thought it might have been a dumb decision; however, when I found the attached on our drive's side drive tire, I gave them a ring.

Although I admit I was prepared for the worst, the process went smoothly, and without hassle.

NSD sent Goodyear their paperwork, and the tire was replaced in ~2 hours from the time we arrived.

To expedite, I agreed to pay Goodyear, and have NSD reimburse me. I submitted the docs via e-mail, and today, I received a check from NSD - within 6 working days from when I submitted the completed info package.

The insurance cost 599.00 and the tire was 800.00. Bottom line - definitely $$ well spent. Thanks,

BG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0229.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	200219  
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2018, 05:55 AM   #2

I always buy road hazard insurance on my tires from Discount Tire Company - but it's far less than $599. Generally it runs about $20 to $25 per tire.

Just last week I picked up something that ruined a Pirelli tire on our Ford Edge. Replacement would have been $175, but it was free...then we purchased another "certificate" on the new tire for $27 or so.

It's always turned out to be a great benefit...even when we buy new vehicles (or trailers) I go to Discount and purchase their certificates for free replacement.

Good insurance - good for peace of mind.
RJShiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:52 AM   #3

I get separate tire insurance from the same people (Discount (Tire) insurance company). Think it was five years and a lot less money than the OP paid. Covered tires and Aluminum wheels. Never needed any of it thank heaven#, but thought it was a good investment just in case.

Got the recommendation on here years ago.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #4

Nice to hear someone actually benefits from these policies... that’s inspiring on this subject as it’s usually just the opposite experience ... cool
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:40 PM   #5

Road Hazard Insurance

I too always carry the road hazard tire coverage on all our vehicles. Has more than paid for itself on our passenger vehicles. Paid for itself on our 17 Aspire in first 3 months as it picked up a nail on drive from Indiana but we didn’t notice until after our first trip. The process was seamless through our dealer LazyDays.

Would definitely recommend rolling into your purchase. If you finance, you won’t hardly notice the cost.
McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #6

while I understand the 'financial' justification of the OP's outcome... I don't know that I totally agree that just because you 'used' the policy that you came out 'ahead', since if you did not have the policy, you probably would not come out of pocket to replace the tire.
I had a tear on my tire, just like this, on the sidewall, and drove another 50,000 miles before replacing all 4 rears just the other day.

but that's just my take on it, cheers! : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
while I understand the 'financial' justification of the OP's outcome... I don't know that I totally agree that just because you 'used' the policy that you came out 'ahead', since if you did not have the policy, you probably would not come out of pocket to replace the tire.
I had a tear on my tire, just like this, on the sidewall, and drove another 50,000 miles before replacing all 4 rears just the other day.

but that's just my take on it, cheers! : )
Of course, I agree everyone will have their own take; however, since both Goodyear and a good friend in the tire business recommended the tire be replaced, I would not have taken the chance on a no-failure, even if I had to pay out-of-pocket... Thanks,
BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance