Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2015, 07:19 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Your 12.5 generator is able to run everything in your coach simultaneously.
Things change as you ad more and more demand from your electric system. I have a 17.5 KW generator, and also have electric stove top , heated floors in bath , regular home size fridge, etc. basically what they call an all electric coach. Thinking back when all the rage in residential housing was "all Electric" certified homes. Not always the best these days depending on your local rates. I built my home all electric, glad I did, when I hear scary stories from locals about their gas bill.
darstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 07:36 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
WOW!
2014 Jeep GC diesel - 2024 Renegade Verona 36VSB
mymyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
If I am going to run my generator while underway, I am turning on all three a/c units. The difference in fuel burn is insignificant, something like 1.0 gallon/hr vs 1.2 gallon per hour. I am also a believe that diesels like to run with a load - So, load 'er up.

In addition, the coach is cooler and I don't have to listen to you know who complaining.
Crippsfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #32

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Your 12.5 generator is able to run everything in your coach simultaneously.
NO WAY in our rig!
Heated floors, two 2,000 watt elements for the AquaHot, a 240 volt dryer, three heat pumps, double door Jenn Air refer, halogen lights (about 60 of them). The heated floors alone take a couple thousand when first turned on. Three TV's, the sat receivers. I haven't bothered to add it up!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 06:03 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
You are speaking for your Country Coach, but not an Entegra. Entegras use Aquahot to heat the floors. It is more eficcient to use diesel Aquahot on our floors versus the generator. Entegra uses 120V appliances not 240V. Therefore, we can run everything on our 12.5 K generator. By the way, 100 Amps times 125 volts = 12.5K, so the 12.5K Onan gives us the same amount of power that we get from the pedestal on a 50A hookup.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #34

Quote:
You are speaking for your Country Coach, but not an Entegra. Entegras use Aquahot to heat the floors. It is more eficcient to use diesel Aquahot on our floors versus the generator. Entegra uses 120V appliances not 240V. Therefore, we can run everything on our 12.5 K generator. By the way, 100 Amps times 125 volts = 12.5K, so the 12.5K Onan gives us the same amount of power that we get from the pedestal on a 50A hookup.
i think i will take the Country Coach thank you !
Old 06-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
NO WAY in our rig!
Heated floors, two 2,000 watt elements for the AquaHot, a 240 volt dryer, three heat pumps, double door Jenn Air refer, halogen lights (about 60 of them). The heated floors alone take a couple thousand when first turned on. Three TV's, the sat receivers. I haven't bothered to add it up!
So what are your requirements for pedestal power, 100A@250v? 12.5K@genset = 50A@250V at the pedestal.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 07:41 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Well, you can! In our 2000 Dutch Star we ordered it with just the 400 watt inverter for the TV and sound system. Had Camping World install a 2,500 watt inverter. Thought they knew how to wire one in (splitting the circuits), well, I was wrong!.
Found out that I COULD run both my heat pumps off the battery bank. Running one for about 20 min would give us a low voltage error and the inverter would shut down.
With the Magna I'm supposed to be able to run the front one OTR, just haven't needed to try it yet. Also supposed to be a OTR air con for the bedroom, but again, haven't even needed it yet, nor tried it.
CC ran something different than OTR Air. What they did is have a front dash a/c like everyone else, but also ran a rear compressor in the bedroom area.
So, instead of one compressor, CC ran two compressors off the motor. You will see a switch in the bedroom marked hi & low.

Never understood why more coaches did not do this.

Always loved CC.
rvbmw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 02:03 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbmw1 View Post
CC ran something different than OTR Air. What they did is have a front dash a/c like everyone else, but also ran a rear compressor in the bedroom area.
So, instead of one compressor, CC ran two compressors off the motor. You will see a switch in the bedroom marked hi & low.

Never understood why more coaches did not do this.

Always loved CC.
Country Coach Magna and above does have a rear chassis A/C. There is only one compressor and one condenser but my '03 Magna has a 19.5KBTU dash evaporator and a 13.5KBTU bedroom evaporator. We have never found a day hot enough or humid enough to make the coach uncomfortable. Always cool and dry.
gsander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #38

You guys need to think a more outside the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solar RV.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	96670  
ItsWhatWeDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #39

There seem to be some confusion among the less knowledgable here. The Aqua Hot system , regardless of COACH brand , heats water in a closed system .fires via a wabsco burner which uses diesel fuel to heat the water, not 240 volt electric grids. There is minimum electric draw needed. water pump / air handlers thats it. Some, like in CC do not use a heat exchanger to heat hot water for showers , etc. there are several versions in use.

Tags
inverter