Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2015, 02:15 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
People who have purchased a RV lot

Just curious ... people who have purchased an RV lot, where did you purchase it and why? And if you had it to do over again, would you?
2021 Grand Cherokee Summit
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
We purchased a lot in a central fl park after visiting it more frequently each season...primary draw for us was the wonderful friends we made...we still travel in the state...but have a place to call home.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:29 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I bought one in Leisure Valley Ranch, Mission TX. We have a S&B there so I use it as a rental, Yes I would do it again, and believe most of the other owners both occupiers and landlords would also. It is a very nice spot in the RGV
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:33 PM   #4

After a dozen years of fulltiming, we got a lot in southern CA. It is a real pretty spot, with "over the top" friendly members. Most members volunteer in the 55+ cooperative community there, it keeps costs minimal. Yes I would do it again. My wife and I are very happy with our decision to use Jojoba Hills as our homebase approx. 6 months a year.

Jojoba Hills RV Resort - Home
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:10 PM   #5

Hilton Head Island Motor Coach Resort. Very well kept, lots of trees, space between lots, pool, tennis, pickle ball, and great friendly people. Hilton Head Island has some to the most extensive bike trails anywhere. The resort is less than a mile from the beach, ride the bike to any of about 300 restaurants and rarely be on the road with traffic.
We like to be there a couple of months in the spring and fall. The rest of the time we travel. We got the lot to use as a home base. We moved all of our health care and wanted a place to stay for awhile in case one of us needed more than just a doctors visit. It's a sense of security.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Very interesting. Thank you for responding.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:23 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by gruelens View Post
After a dozen years of fulltiming, we got a lot in southern CA. It is a real pretty spot, with "over the top" friendly members. Most members volunteer in the 55+ cooperative community there, it keeps costs minimal. Yes I would do it again. My wife and I are very happy with our decision to use Jojoba Hills as our homebase approx. 6 months a year.

Jojoba Hills RV Resort - Home

Very pretty - thanks for the link!
Old 08-16-2015, 07:03 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
RV lot owners

(Mod edit) Got a few responses, but not many. I know a lot of Entegra owners do own a RV lot.

If you own an RV lot:

1) Where
2) Why
3) Likes and dislikes?
4) Are you glad you did?
Old 08-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Good question Lynn. My background was in real estate and I can see the value in ownership, however the ownership parks we looked at, which were few, the association fees were IMO out of line. I would like to hear what owners do have to say and if the rental covers expenses.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:15 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I posted this question on the MH-General Discussion thread ... got a few responses, but not many. I know a lot of Entegra owners do own a RV lot - so maybe I'll get more responses here!

If you own an RV lot:

Ok Lynn, I'll jump in . . .

1) Where - Bella Terra RV Resort, Foley, AL
2) Why - We visited one time and fell in love with the Gulf Shores Area. We were able to build our site exactly to our specifications as far as amenities go; gazebo, outdoor BBQ, firepit, etc.
3) Likes and dislikes? - The only real dislike is we don't spend enough time there
4) Are you glad you did? - Absolutely
To answer Chuck's question about rental income, the income we do receive seems to take care of the HOA fees and yearly taxes. Thats a plus

RV lot ownership obviously doesn't work for everyone, but we certainly feel it works for us.

Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #11

Hi Lynne, We own a lot at Riverbend Motorcoach Resort in Labelle Fla.(18 miles east of Fort Meyers) We very much enjoy it there for 6-7 months a year. The lots are in a gated community,they have a rental program if you are not using the lot yourself.They have an onsite resturant and bar in season,a full time activities director, all the amenities that you would expect in a resort.They also are on the Caloosahatchee river and have boat slips for the owners and guest use. We find the social aspect of the park to be excellent and have made many great friends from all over the country. The maintenance fees are reasonable. when you consider what they have to offer. We do not rent our lot,but have friends that do and I believe the rentals can cover your expenses. Hope this helps
cewgcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:18 AM   #12

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
I posted this question on the MH-General Discussion thread ... got a few responses, but not many. I know a lot of Entegra owners do own a RV lot - so maybe I'll get more responses here!

If you own an RV lot:

1) Where- Traverse Bay RV Resort, Michigan
2) Why - Location, Temperate Summer Climate, Activities both on and off property.
3) Likes and dislikes? Costs are reasonable not exorbitant, properties are well-kept, community is very social and welcoming.
4) Are you glad you did? It meets the DW's need for a destination location. The climate and the community all pass muster. No, rents generated will not cover annual expense, but the annual cost of ownership is reasonable, so on balance, it's a good value to me.
See answers above.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:08 AM   #13

I know you ask for people who own a lot. We don't and I guess the main reason we don't is if you own an RV why would you want to feel like you have to go to the same place every year.
I know you can still go someplace else, but then you're not getting your money's worth.
I'm not that social and for what you pay for some of these lots you could buy a pretty nice house and fix your own RV pad.
Just doesn't make financial sense to us, but then you're talking to someone who owns a motorhome so what can I say! All JMHO, Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
I know you ask for people who own a lot. We don't and I guess the main reason we don't is if you own an RV why would you want to feel like you have to go to the same place every year.
I know you can still go someplace else, but then you're not getting your money's worth.
I'm not that social and for what you pay for some of these lots you could buy a pretty nice house and fix your own RV pad.
Just doesn't make financial sense to us, but then you're talking to someone who owns a motorhome so what can I say! All JMHO, Noel
X2. Plus in the end when you or your estate wants to sell the site all you have is an RV site which is a very, very small market percentage. I would go with a buildable piece of property in the area you like and set up an RV pad. At selling time you can sell it as a building site or RV site. Much bigger market. The landscaping can be as much as you want to handle. You could make it maintenance free. Everything else is your rules not someone else's.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase