Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 11:11 AM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV shows are dangerous

Went to the Dallas show yesterday. The Allegro Bus is giving Entegra a run for the money. Saw a very nice one for $35k less, didn't get to compare apples though. When we first started looking a few years ago the Allegro was out of sight. Entegra is going to have to hold the price now.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 11:42 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I looked at the allegro bus in relation to the Anthem.. You are going to have to check out the options and workmanship and compare them to apples and oranges.. both are nice coaches, however IMHO you get more bang for your buck at the end of the day with the Anthem.. plus there's that two year warranty, that's worth a lot..

I ended up splurging and got the cornerstone..

Good luck in your search
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:04 PM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Oh we're not searching, got a new Anthem.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I learned my lesson, I'm not going to another RV show.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #5

We went to the Redmond,OR show to by a Tiffin Allegro Bus. The first time we walked into the grounds RVONE was set up by the entry gate and we took a look at their Entegras. Never even heard about Entegra or even seen one. Looked for about almost two hours.

Went over to check out the Tiffins. After seeing the Entegra and comparing we stepped back. Did meet Bob Tiffin. When we where in the Allegro with Bob some Lookie Lou came in looking around and asked "who makes these" and Bob said, I do. Was kind of funny.

After leaving the show and heading back home empty handed, we had more work to do. Went to the Pomona, CA show next and looked at all the Entegras and Tiffins. Got home and order a Entegra.

When you have the Entegras and Tiffins at a show next to each others spaces you have a great opportunity to go back and forth, in and out to check them out and compare.

That helped us make the final decision.
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:27 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The only reason at this point i have to go to an rv show is to find equipment and ideas..
garyhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 01:32 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Beautiful coach Gary, congratulations! Just out of curiosity since I'm still waiting on my new arrival, what modifications did you have in mind?

Sorry, just noted this is the wrong post.

Thanks, Brian
2024 RAM Limited FMCA #420209
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:22 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
People will buy what hits their "hot buttons". It is up to the manufactures to hit as many of those hot buttons as they can. The one that hits the most buttons, wins. Some buyers hot buttons will be price, some will be amenities.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty3509 View Post
Oh we're not searching, got a new Anthem.
Congrats on your purchase of an Anthem.
Rclukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I would never buy anything at a show. Folks always think they are getting a good deal at off site sales or shows. The fact is it cost more to buy from an off site sale or show because u are absorbing the cost of the shiw or off site sale. Somebody has to pay to transport all those cars, trucks, or RV's. But hey, if you got it spend it. I look around then shop for the best deals from my PC. I have found that if you are willing to travel then you can save thousands. I've had dealers (locally) tell me you won't find this one at this price when in fact 500 miles at another dealer it was 10k less! I'll travel. After all, don't u travel to camp???
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppatello View Post
I would never buy anything at a show. Folks always think they are getting a good deal at off site sales or shows. The fact is it cost more to buy from an off site sale or show because u are absorbing the cost of the shiw or off site sale. Somebody has to pay to transport all those cars, trucks, or RV's. But hey, if you got it spend it. I look around then shop for the best deals from my PC. I have found that if you are willing to travel then you can save thousands. I've had dealers (locally) tell me you won't find this one at this price when in fact 500 miles at another dealer it was 10k less! I'll travel. After all, don't u travel to camp???
You are absorbing the cost of the show no matter where you buy the unit. Shows are part of the overall operating expense of any dealership and we have found the prices to be no higher at shows. In fact we find dealers are generally more open to dealing at a show because you can walk 50 feet away and get a deal from the next guy. Shows are competitive and it's easier to pit one dealer against another to see who will give the most to get the deal.