Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2016, 07:11 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogelling View Post
We're having the Samsung replaced at PDI in October. What a piece of crap. I don't care what they put in but it won't be a Samsung. Our Samsung dryer at the house was one year old when the tumbler split in 2. The repair man said junk! Can't even get parts they are essentially disposable. He said buy Whirlpool or GE. We hate the fridge too. The Anthem GE was way better.
and don't get me started on Samsung dishwasher problems ...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyd51 View Post
After four samsungs, finally replaced it with a GE advantium.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Tony:
I am going to change my Samsung microwave as well, for the same reasons presented in this forum. I have looked at the GE advantium and it looks good and essentially with the same dimensions as the Samsung. Unfortunately I am out of warranty and Entegra refused to change it at my 2 years PDI, because at that moment it was working...In any way, I will have to change it on my dime but I was wondering whether it is an easy enough job that I can do, or whether I need to have a professional do it. How did you change it? By yourself or by hiring somebody? Were you present and do you think it is a difficult task? Thank you in advance for your reply.
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

I replaced my Samsung with a GE Profile. The Samsung was working but I didn't want to wait until it died on a trip so did a preemptive strike and installed the GE Profile. The install was fairly easy. The GE did come with a different rear bracket so I unscrewed the old one and installed the new one. But the GE bracket is slightly different so it needed to ne lowered maybe 1/4" for the oven to sit level.

Later we found out that the Profile didn't want to reach 400-425 degrees in convection mode and we needed that to bake bread, etc. So we removed it and replaced it with a GE Profile Advantium. It fit the same as the profile but works much better and has all those additional features as well.

Not a bad install but it will take two guys to lift the oven in and out of the mounting bracket because they are heavy.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:00 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I got even with Samsung. We also ditched the Samsung in the Entegra, out of pocket because it tested "within specs" but would not cook. We just purchased $10,000 worth of new appliances for the S&B and not one of them is Sumsung!! We went with the new GE Profile with Advantium Technology. At least we have a local dealer that will service and guarantee them. No more Samsung excuses!

Like Mark said, we were impress with the Advantium.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:35 PM   #19

We also opted for the Advantium and my wife loves it!

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 11-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Mark and Gene, Glad to hear the good reports on the Advantium. We are going to finalize our order tomorrow. It started off with a new Induction Cooktop, then turned into a complete kitchen update. Your posts made the DW very happy.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #21

Our 16 Anthem came with " THE " Samsung microwave ! 1 year into ownership, multiple samsung service calls, 2 Samsung microwaves we had enough. I must mention basically home made cookies, brownies, breads, pies etc during that year that ever cooked properly.

Last week we switched out the Samsung to the Whirlpool and for Thanksgiving dinner Sue was able to bake pies, cookies, brownies and squash muffins. She said it was for me 😀 but we flew our son & family down to join us at Disney and I'm thinking it might have been for the GKIDS ! In any case we finally have a great cooking microwave

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Brian, told you so! Aren't those raw cookies in the center of the cookie sheet great? The pizzas were worse. Couldn't believe that Samsung says that is within specs.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:09 PM   #23

Wow. We have found our Samsung products in our anthem to be very pleasing.. both fridge and conventional oven.. haven't missed a beat with either one.. but it sounds like we're a minority ,,, there also newer appliances than our sticks and bricks so maybe that's it .. I hope I didn't just jinx our appliances by stating this😧
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:03 PM   #24

wow....Samsung has really taken it on the chin lately. Microwaves failing in RV use, washing machines exploding on spin cycle, cell phones exploding and catching fire....... Maybe they should have stuck to TV's....
Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Tony:

I am going to change my Samsung microwave as well, for the same reasons presented in this forum. I have looked at the GE advantium and it looks good and essentially with the same dimensions as the Samsung. Unfortunately I am out of warranty and Entegra refused to change it at my 2 years PDI, because at that moment it was working...In any way, I will have to change it on my dime but I was wondering whether it is an easy enough job that I can do, or whether I need to have a professional do it. How did you change it? By yourself or by hiring somebody? Were you present and do you think it is a difficult task? Thank you in advance for your reply.

It drops right in. Just make sure to change the fan direction. If you are strong you can do it yourself, I'm not so used some help. Everything lines right up.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 11-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
Tony:
While you're changing the convection oven it doesn't take much to convert the useless space above it to a pretty good size cabinet. We did ours and it holds a lot of flat ware etc.
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 05:30 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Our 16 Anthem came with " THE " Samsung microwave ! 1 year into ownership, multiple samsung service calls, 2 Samsung microwaves we had enough. I must mention basically home made cookies, brownies, breads, pies etc during that year that ever cooked properly.

Last week we switched out the Samsung to the Whirlpool and for Thanksgiving dinner Sue was able to bake pies, cookies, brownies and squash muffins. She said it was for me 😀 but we flew our son & family down to join us at Disney and I'm thinking it might have been for the GKIDS ! In any case we finally have a great cooking microwave
Which model Whirlpool did you get? The models I have seen on line are all slightly larger than the Samsung we got from Entegra. Did it fit? The advantium seems to be a better fit for the space we have.
Thanks.
Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #28

Mauro, exact same fit just needed an extra mounting bracket also. Will send you the model tomorrow.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote