RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2017, 07:59 PM   #1

Samsung refrigerator quit working

Samsung refrigerator stop working. I opened the refrigerator up today and the light was out. The fridge was still cold and the freezer still had Frozen water bottles and ice. The breaker is still on. I reset the breaker but it made no difference. Has anybody encountered this issue. Thanks in advance.

LVUS101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #2

Jim

Im not aware of any other way to turn it off and on. I wonder if even if the breaker is working if the refer is getting power.You could have a bad breaker. You might swap one for another and see if the problem follows the breaker. Did you reset whole coach? Both inverters running and producing power?

Quick call to EC CS tomorrow morning.

Gary

Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5Fi
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:11 PM   #3

I'm not sure where the reefer plugs in in your coach but in our RBQ there is a ground fault receptacle under the kitchen sink cabinet on the sidewall of the coach at the back of the under cabinet drawer. I think the only device on the reefer breaker is the reefer and I believe it always has a ground fault receptacle it uses a ground fault receptacle. Find where it is plugged in and make sure the ground fault has not tripped.

The reefer was the first device to stop working in my saga of failing inverters. The momentary power interrupt of the inverter freaking would reset the reefer. To work around this for the trip I plugged an extension cord into another receptacle in the coach which is on a different circuit and plugged the reefer into the extension cord. If the ground fault is tripped or something else is causing the reefer to power down you can try plugging it into a different circuit like I did using an extension cord. If it runs Ok you can at least keep it cold until you find the real problem if it is power (or the lack there-of) related.

We were in a campground when this happened so for a test I just unplugged the reefer from the coach and ran a long extension cord to the post outside. The reefer worked so I knew the problem was in the coach.

The reefer cannot plug in inside the cubby hole it is mounted because there is no way to get back there to plug it in after installation so it will always be in an adjacent cabinet or behind a couch or something with the cord run thru a hole in the reefer enclosure.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:36 AM   #4

For no apparent reason it has come back on. I am beginning to think that it overheated. I appreciate everyone's advice Gary and Al.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:05 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVUS101 View Post
Samsung refrigerator stop working. I opened the refrigerator up today and the light was out. The fridge was still cold and the freezer still had Frozen water bottles and ice. The breaker is still on. I reset the breaker but it made no difference. Has anybody encountered this issue. Thanks in advance.
Jim,

Check the plug where the fridge plugs in, it is in the bottom base cabinet to the right of the fridge. Perhaps there is a loose intermittent wire in that plug.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:14 PM   #6

Since it was still cold perhaps the light is the problem.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVUS101 View Post
For no apparent reason it has come back on. I am beginning to think that it overheated. I appreciate everyone's advice Gary and Al.
Just an update It stayed on all night and was cold this morning. We are home in the Heat of Las Vegas so I thought it might have just cut out from being over heated. I had left it on and we had emptied the Coach for a good cleaning. I didn't have the air running for a couple of days so it got pretty hot inside the Coach. I turned it off this morning until we are ready to hit the road again, hopefully soon. If it goes back out I will report. I will also take a look at all the suggestions you all sent me. I appreciate the help.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #8

I agree with Rollin101... if the refrigerator remains cold, more than likely the bulb. I replaced one bulb...all is well
ddgilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:49 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgilmore View Post
I agree with Rollin101... if the refrigerator remains cold, more than likely the bulb. I replaced one bulb...all is well
It is 18 led bulbs, not just one bulb.

1100W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Check out the door switch
Old 08-29-2017, 11:47 AM   #11

I tested it and turned it back on. It starts up and the lights are good. I waited a couple of hours and shut it off until its needed. It got real hot in there a few days ago so I thought it just shut down. I will monitor it and update if it continues having issues.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:01 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, I am in agreement with you on the Vegas heat causing the problem. I have had properties (bank repos) where pet hair was packed so tight in the cooling coils that the refrigerators have shut down from over heating. If the coach was closed up with 108 outside temps, that could do it.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator