Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #1

Screen Door

Does anyone know how to adjust the screen door? It is hitting on the door striker and I can’t seem to figure it out
Wolfy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2018, 04:11 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy58 View Post
Does anyone know how to adjust the screen door? It is hitting on the door striker and I can’t seem to figure it out
There are 2 hinges holding the screen door on. There are 4 screws with nuts on each. You can loosen them and move the screen up or down and I think it will move slightly left or right. It is a two person project because it is difficult to hold the nut while turning the screw because of the door.

Gary
2017 Chevrolet Tahoe, M&G Braking, Blue Ox Avail
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Had this issue too, the fix performed by the dealer tech was to open the door a few inches then pushing forcefully on the edge of the door to basically bend the hinges a bit. It worked but can't say I was impressed with the methodology. You may want to try first what gswindle suggested.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 01:46 PM   #4

Aww come on Rob, Bending Hinges 101 is right after the class on How To Drain any and all Batteries, and before the class teaching techs the proper way to look a customer in the eye and lie about fixing something.

Now that I think of it, the techs at NIRVC didn’t go to that school.. good group of hard working people!

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 10:27 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Be cautious adjusting the screen door. We had to take ours off to move the driver’s seat out for repair. We reinstalled it and I found myself crawling out of the escape window so one of could be on the inside and the other on the outside to force the entry door to open. Easy enough to adjust, but check it carefully before closing the door. I was not able to figure out what caused the door to hang up only that after adjusting the screen door, the problem did not return.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 05:20 PM   #6

Thanks for all the suggestions,we did get it adjusted everything working great now. Thanks
Wolfy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:43 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
We’ve had same problem. Factory and dealer both “fixed” the problem

Today while recovering from our Alaskan adventure I decided to deal with it.

I noticed that when the door and screen door closed that the screen door latch seemed to catch on the screen door striker plate that would normally be used to keep the screen door closed when the outside door remained open. I wondered if there was a way to lift the screen door handle when it attached to the outside door so the sd latch (think tongue sticking out) wouldn’t catch on the door jam..

I realized that the plastic piece that holds the screen door to the outside door was held by two screws in slots. Loosened screws, pushed plastic piece as far down as I could and tightened screws. Now when the screen door latches to the outside door, there is much less screen door “tongue” sticking out and in a half dozen tests so far, no more sticking.

Maybe it won’t be a permanent fix but it sure was easier than attempting to adjust those million screws holding the screen door on to the frame.

Time will tell!
The Taj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:00 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Rick, that is the permanent fix. I had to do it on the TS screen door, the Anthem door and just did the CS door. Why the factories assemble them like that is beyond me.
BTW the creases from where the striker plate use to sit do go away in time.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, scr