Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #1

Selling

Selling our 2019 Anthem 44W we love it and the Entegra family but are going in a different direction.

Only sold one RV before, quite a few years ago and we had title so it was pretty easy.

Looking for advice/tips when selling. How to finalize sale etc. I’m not at all comfortable having anyone else behind the wheel, I would think that would be a problem with insurance if anything happened.

Any advice from past experiences appreciated.

[Mod Edit]
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #2

I don’t think there really is any special strategy in selling a motor home ..

Advertise it on the 2 biggies .. RVTrader and RVT.com.. maybe a Craig’s list add in your local area..

Screen your potential buyers.. phone calls with a actual person is always a sure
Legit prospect..

In this price point if someone actually travels to your motorhome to inspect and drive the coach then I wouldn’t sweat it.. just ride along and be sure the driver has had past experience with a big rig..

Price it fairly..

And don’t let a dealer take you..

Good luck...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I have never done a test drive without the buyer qualifying how he is going to purchase it, bank, or cash and a deposit check. I am the one that does the driving unless they provide an insurance policy, none ever have. A test ride has sold every RV I have sold. The buyer of the 14 never left the hanger until the day he drove it home. Most buyers go over the MH with a fine tooth comb looking at condition and upgrades. Tests rides are the last thing after purchase terms are discussed. Good luck with the sale and your new direction.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:09 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
What Brobox said. The guy who bought our '15 did an inspection, said "Its beautiful, I'll take it." I did let two friends drive it, but both of them had motor home experience.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have never done a test drive without the buyer qualifying how he is going to purchase it, bank, or cash and a deposit check. I am the one that does the driving unless they provide an insurance policy, none ever have. A test ride has sold every RV I have sold. The buyer of the 14 never left the hanger until the day he drove it home. Most buyers go over the MH with a fine tooth comb looking at condition and upgrades. Tests rides are the last thing after purchase terms are discussed. Good luck with the sale and your new direction.
I am one of those who feels the test drive is the first thing that should be done..

ALL motorhomes are not created equal.. and as we all know this.. some may have steering issues etc.. as the same year and model may not..
wouldn't want to buy a coach that had such issues and the chore of working them out..
even if the house was perfect.. jmo
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:31 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Let them demonstrate their ability to drive it in a large open lot. Otherwise you drive and let them observe.
Spdracr39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:14 AM   #7
Community Administrator

You might want to verify they have a valid drivers license , and if a certain class is required in your area that they have the correct one.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I Tests rides are the last thing after purchase terms are discussed.

My opinion is that if a buyer is doing the driving, then they aren't able to inspect, test, and observe how the vehicle is performing. I let the seller do the driving while I push buttons, operate things, open cabinets, whatever, and a drive through a mall parking lot is all I need to be comfortable enough to buy.

Manners at highway speed differ with each vehicle, so every one is going to be different from what you're used to.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygge View Post
Selling our 2019 Anthem 44W we love it and the Entegra family but are going in a different direction.

Only sold one RV before, quite a few years ago and we had title so it was pretty easy.

Looking for advice/tips when selling. How to finalize sale etc. I’m not at all comfortable having anyone else behind the wheel, I would think that would be a problem with insurance if anything happened.

Any advice from past experiences appreciated.

[Mod Edit]
I'm guessing you already know this, but you're not in a good position. As a buyer, the only way I would buy a current year model vs new would be for it to be heavily discounted. A factory warranty has a value that can't be overlooked. We've already considered upgrading our gas coach for diesel but I just can't afford the loss we would take doing it. Best of luck. The Entregra 44W is one of our favorites along with the Newmar 4369
Old 08-15-2019, 07:21 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
I am one of those who feels the test drive is the first thing that should be done..

ALL motorhomes are not created equal.. and as we all know this.. some may have steering issues etc.. as the same year and model may not..
wouldn't want to buy a coach that had such issues and the chore of working them out..
even if the house was perfect.. jmo

We would probably not be doing business together without proof you would qualify to purchase under my terms. I turned one buyer down that really wanted the TS as their Navy Credit Union would not wire transfer funds. The test drive was the least of the problems, they couldn't buy it anyhow. I would only except cash or wire transfer as stated in the ad.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
I'm guessing you already know this, but you're not in a good position. As a buyer, the only way I would buy a current year model vs new would be for it to be heavily discounted. A factory warranty has a value that can't be overlooked. We've already considered upgrading our gas coach for diesel but I just can't afford the loss we would take doing it. Best of luck. The Entregra 44W is one of our favorites along with the Newmar 4369

In case you are not aware, Entegra has a two year warranty that carries over to a second owner. So buying a 2019 with low mileage does make economic sense compared to buying new and taking the immediate depreciation hit.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Chuck, Don't let the nay sayers influence you. I have sold four upper end MH's and have never had a problem. The two buyers, both on different MH's I didn't like, I walked away from them. It was not hard and the both MH's sold in less that a week to the next buyer, both for cash.

One of the buyers the DW asked to leave as they insulted the prefect condition we kept the MH in. They weren't buyers, they were going to lowball, why waste time.
Old 08-16-2019, 05:25 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
In case you are not aware, Entegra has a two year warranty that carries over to a second owner. So buying a 2019 with low mileage does make economic sense compared to buying new and taking the immediate depreciation hit.
I'm fully aware of the warranty. I own a Jayco with the same 2 year coverage. My point was that it would have to be heavily discounted or it would just make more sense to buy new
Old 08-16-2019, 06:58 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSuper View Post
I'm fully aware of the warranty. I own a Jayco with the same 2 year coverage. My point was that it would have to be heavily discounted or it would just make more sense to buy new
I saw the OP's price before it was edited, it was nicely discounted, enough that is was very attractive and an extended warranty can be purchased to really sweeten the sale.

Tags
sell