Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Setting Up a New Bose Soundbar

My Bose Sound Bar died at a perfect time, about 2 weeks before the warranty expired. Entegra exchanged it for me but it took a while to complete installation and setup.

As with most software controlled components it arrived requiring a software update. I paired it with the Sound Touch app on my iPad and got the update at home where I have 200Mbps WiFi. The update took about 20 minutes.

I was finally able to finish setup in the coach this week. My subwoofer is unplugged every time we move so it readily paired with the new sound bar. The surround sound speakers wouldn’t pair. There doesn’t seem to be a comprehensive reference for the system so I had to go on a treasure hunt to find the issue. Power needs to be interrupted on the sound bar and remote speakers to reset them and successfully pair the first time. I couldn’t find a breaker anywhere for the surround speakers or figure out how to get them off the wall. Thanks to Jamie Shannon I found the power plugs behind the theater seating directly below each speaker. Unplugged for 15-20 seconds, replugged and pairing was quick.

AdaptIQ requires sitting in 5 listening locations “a minimum of 18-24” apart” to complete acoustics setup which is not realistic in our salon. If you repeat a location the voice tells you that location is too close and will ultimately give you a failure code 4 and tell you to contact Bose customer support. I finally sat in each of our 3 theater seats, the turned, passenger seat and leaned against the pull-out peninsula.

Once set up we needed to adjust the audio settings via the app to hear the surround speakers. I turned our center channel to -4 and surround to +6. Now we have good surround sound even during lower volume TV. Subwoofer isn’t noticeable until volume is turned up.

https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/...oundbar_en.pdf
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Vance, thank you for this report and posting it for the archives. It was your original post on your 18 that helped me realize my Bose was never paired from the factory. NIRVC at that time didn't know how to sync the BOSE. Hopefully the new AV department will have that knowledge, if not, your post is here, thank you. BTW, the BOSE sounds awesome after it is paired and working correctly.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #3

I suffered the same issues. I quick call to Bose CS and like was stated, it just took a reboot of the surround sound speakers. I didn't realize you could adjust the volume of the center and surrounds. How did you accomplish that?
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:46 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

I have the new soundbar in the 2020 Anthem. However, the center speaker is in the cabinet above the televator and I have not found a way to get it out to plug in the AdaptIQ headset. The hole in the cabinet is exactly the same size as the speaker.

If anyone has a 44W and has found a way to get that speaker out, I appreciate knowing the trick...

There may be a way to run the AdaptIQ via the Bose app...I have look closer at that
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
I have the new soundbar in the 2020 Anthem. However, the center speaker is in the cabinet above the televator and I have not found a way to get it out to plug in the AdaptIQ headset. The hole in the cabinet is exactly the same size as the speaker.

If anyone has a 44W and has found a way to get that speaker out, I appreciate knowing the trick...

There may be a way to run the AdaptIQ via the Bose app...I have look closer at that
Not sure if they changed it in the 20, but in my 18 it was Velcroed to the compartment floor. I just peeled it up and accessed the rear of the speaker
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Setting Up a New Bose Soundbar

My ‘18 has ~3/8” clearance on the top, care with a common screwdriver can pry it up enough to free the velcro and slide it out. Will probably take 2 people if you only have 2 hands and no place to set the sound bar.

When you open the app the bottom will show the name of the systems you have paired with the app. Mine if “Salon.” Tap that and you will go to the another page with a gear “Settings” icon at 1:00 of the speaker graphic. Tough that for the next page, select Audio Settings and it will take you to the page to adjust center and surround settings. If you don’t see both of them your speakers aren’t paired.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5970.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	273425

Name:	IMG_5967.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	273426

Name:	IMG_5969.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	273427

Attachment 1Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5968.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	273428
Old 01-27-2020, 05:35 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
The last 2 pics should be reversed.

The only way to adjust Bass is to use the Bass button on the remote I don’t know if it effects the subwoofer or overall base. The dialog button makes a huge difference also (the button with a cartoon dialog graphic) and turns the second light on the sound bar green.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:06 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
An additional note: When I picked up the coach the dealer’s AV Tech said the Bose Universal Remote didn’t work well to control anything but the Soundbar. Through my research I set it up with the Bose instructions to control my TV, Dish receiver and DVD. I’ve been using 2 or more remotes for >2 years when all I needed was the Bose remote.

I have to acknowledge that this system was very new to my dealer and his techs when I picked it up. I’m certain the response would be different now.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:05 PM   #9

Has anybody had any luck with the Remote for new Bose soundbar in the 2020’s? I can’t for the life of me get it to pair to my Samsung TV. It will control the Blu-Ray player when I told the system it was a Samsung brand but will not work the TV. I even went so far as entering the exact model number TV into the Bose app on my iPad. Still no luck. I also don’t hear any sound at all coming from the surround speakers. I’ve re-paired them to the sound bar as well and they still don’t have any sound from them.

And lastly, mine in the 45Y is burried under the fireplace on the floor, just the front of it is visible and it sounds like muffled crap. In the Bose instructions online it says to make sure the side are not blocked. I’d love to pull mine out and even set it on top of the fireplace in front of the televator so it at least sounds good, but no idea how the heck to remove it from below the cabinet. I also don’t understand why Entegra hooks it up with a tosslink optical cable instead of using an HDMI cable to the ARC (audio return channel) on the TV itself, that way at least the volume on the TV would work the soundbar as opposed to being forced to use two remotes like I am now.
Pwdr Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwdr Extreme View Post
Has anybody had any luck with the Remote for new Bose soundbar in the 2020’s? I can’t for the life of me get it to pair to my Samsung TV. It will control the Blu-Ray player when I told the system it was a Samsung brand but will not work the TV. I even went so far as entering the exact model number TV into the Bose app on my iPad. Still no luck. I also don’t hear any sound at all coming from the surround speakers. I’ve re-paired them to the sound bar as well and they still don’t have any sound from them.

And lastly, mine in the 45Y is burried under the fireplace on the floor, just the front of it is visible and it sounds like muffled crap. In the Bose instructions online it says to make sure the side are not blocked. I’d love to pull mine out and even set it on top of the fireplace in front of the televator so it at least sounds good, but no idea how the heck to remove it from below the cabinet. I also don’t understand why Entegra hooks it up with a tosslink optical cable instead of using an HDMI cable to the ARC (audio return channel) on the TV itself, that way at least the volume on the TV would work the soundbar as opposed to being forced to use two remotes like I am now.
I don’t understand the sound hookup either. My 2020 has a purple HDMI cable hooked up and works great. I use the directv remote to control tv and sound bar.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:20 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I discovered this morning that Center/Surround balance for TV doesn’t work for music. We played some music and the surround speakers were way too high. Easy adjustment with the app.

When we picked up our ‘18 45Y the subwoofer was paired but was plugged in under the bed! Now it rides on a booth seat and sits on the floor behind the driver’s seat when parked.

An ‘18 has Acoustimass 300 system. The remote pairs with devices from the remote, not the app.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post

As suggested above, the soundbar is held in place with Velcro. Break the soundbar loose by prying it up, then slide your own piece of Velcro under the speaker so it sticks to the existing Velcro on the soundbar and pull it out using the Velcro.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote