Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
call customer service and tell them you had a shade motor failure. I just received one from them and no charge since this is a known issue. Not sure of the color as I haven't open the box yet.
Are you still under warranty with your '15?
Has anyone else got free motors out of warranty?
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2018, 03:39 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Shade motor colors

NIRVC replaced the same motor with a yellow one last summer under their extended warranty. But I happen to have three red motors, and they never fail when you’re near an NIRVC location so I want to be prepared to fix it ourselves if needed.

We drove 2 months last summer using Velcro straps to hold up the shade which was a pain. I’d just as soon fix it myself and be done with it.
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnontheroad View Post
NIRVC replaced the same motor with a yellow one last summer under their extended warranty. But I happen to have three red motors, and they never fail when you’re near an NIRVC location so I want to be prepared to fix it ourselves if needed.

We drove 2 months last summer using Velcro straps to hold up the shade which was a pain. I’d just as soon fix it myself and be done with it.
Still using yellow shade motors...that is criminal when they know they are a piece of crap.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
That doesn't sound right that yellow motor would still be around. I had to wait for red motor to come in while I was still under warranty on the 14 as the yellow motors were out of stock.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:38 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
DoggieDaddy - I'm out of warranty, they have said they will replace them for the original owners that have bad shade motors. I got the impression this will go on for a few more years and then hopefully that will flush them out.
jbhobbs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhobbs54 View Post
DoggieDaddy - I'm out of warranty, they have said they will replace them for the original owners that have bad shade motors. I got the impression this will go on for a few more years and then hopefully that will flush them out.
I'll test that tomorrow and report back.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
That doesn't sound right that yellow motor would still be around. I had to wait for red motor to come in while I was still under warranty on the 14 as the yellow motors were out of stock.

When I had my coach in for service, there were no motors immediately available. But I had one yellow and two reds, and let the service guy decide which one he wanted to use. He used the yellow. Since then NIRVC has replaced my spare with a red so I now have three reds.

Don’t want to suggest NIRVC uses old stock.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Red motor source?

We aren't close to any Entegra maintenance facilities so I am wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket supplier or the OEM supplier I can order from. The 2 large shade motors in our bedroom went out simultaneously and need to be replaced.

Thank you - John
Old 12-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post
We aren't close to any Entegra maintenance facilities so I am wondering if anyone knows of an aftermarket supplier or the OEM supplier I can order from. The 2 large shade motors in our bedroom went out simultaneously and need to be replaced.

Thank you - John

I was told by Entegra Parts that you cannot order direct from the OEM supplier.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #24

Report back

I talked to EC CS about getting a new shade motor for our coach. Found out EC extended the shade motor warranty coverage on some coaches for four years. Though our coach fell into that group we are beyond the four years now. They didn't define to me the group of coaches but I would guess that If you have a 2015 you may still be covered depending on when you took possession of the coach. It's worth a call. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkiii View Post

Thank you - John
Are you sure the motors are bad and the shades did not just lose their programming?

I had two in the bedroom die at the same time. All it took was for them to be reprogrammed and they were working again.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:53 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojack View Post
Are you sure the motors are bad and the shades did not just lose their programming?

I had two in the bedroom die at the same time. All it took was for them to be reprogrammed and they were working again.
Had the same thing, 12v reboot solved the problem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:43 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
The shade would go down and not up. Replaced with a red and now works fine. BTW, the red motors are significantly faster than the yellow....
Old 12-10-2018, 04:17 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
shades inop

TurboJack - I thought that since both shades appeared to quit at the same time it was a power question - HOWEVER - this coach of ours is a 2010 which was built during a "transition" period for Entegra. Their words, not mine. Because of that, Entegra isn't even sure where the module is for the shades. I still have some searching and panels to remove in the basement but since the weather is cooler I'll wait until we hit Tucson to continue the search. DTW, doing a simple 12 volt "reboot" has no affect. All other shades perform perfectly. This system isn't the more sophisticated shade systems of later years.

Thanks for the input.

John