Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Shade Motors

I promised an update on another thread to some questions I asked about shade motors and status. Most importantly, don't allow my discourse with the company on this problem stop you from calling CS with your problems or requesting replacement shades from Entegra CS. There was a fear I was getting in the way of that normal interaction; I hope no one took my earlier posts that way.

During the course of several conversations with a United Shade GM (he contacted me at Entegra CS request), and follow on discussion with Entegra, here's what I know:

- The motors come from the Far East (China I believe).
- The GM told me up to this point the motors had a carbon type of brush (if you know electric motors you'll know that this generates the power to the motor) rotating inside the housing, and these "brushes" were overheating and killing the motor.
- It would seem that some batches from the supplier work fine and other batches have problems because there are many coaches out there that have no shade motor problems according to Entegra.
- For those of you new to the game, this started in 2012 with a "colored" motor, and we've been through three versions since then, the latest being "yellow" or "gold".
- United Shade has a new motor with a different type of brush inside made of a different material they are calling "red" motors. They had not told Entegra about this as of Wed last week (I guess I started this discussion).
- Entegra has been in discussion with between last Wednesday and today.
- My understanding is another Entegra owner received an email this evening that they were sending him "red" motors to replace his broken motors. I would assume it will take a little time to get some stock to fill orders, but I don't know this for sure as I don't have any info on the availability of the new motors except there appear to be some available.

I have been told that the difficult part of the problem is that some coaches have the problem and some never have the problem. My guess is that tracking motor batches of may be difficult, as I see no numbering on the shade motors other than what appears to me to be a part number, but I don't know that for sure. I think Entegra continues to believe this to be a United Shade motor problem, as opposed to anything going on in the coach. I'll hold off on commenting on any engineering review or approach that, because I have no factual basis for any comment on that at this time.

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2015, 11:35 PM   #2

Thanks for the update. Best news to me is both Entegra and United Shade seem to be determined to get this problem fixed with a solution that will make everyone happy. You have to love it when companies respond to problems and solve them voluntarily. JMHO 🚌🚓

Ann n Gene is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:54 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Nice going and good communication Dave.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:34 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Thanks for the update. Best news to me is both Entegra and United Shade seem to be determined to get this problem fixed with a solution that will make everyone happy. You have to love it when companies respond to problems and solve them voluntarily. JMHO 🚌🚓

X2 Ann n Gene
That's why I bought Entegra...
Pat

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:58 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
Dave, thank you very, very much!
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:49 AM   #6

My coach is a year and a half old and just had my first motor failure today. Coincidence I guess. I hope this is not an ongoing problem!

I called CS and they're shipping me a new motor.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:04 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Dave,

Thanks for your report. With any luck the "RED" ones will do the trick.

The latest motors from CS (at least for the past 6 months) have a sticker on them showing an individual serial number but these too have been failing.

FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #8

Thanks Dave I was doing great until I read your thread tonight.

Now my bedroom shade gave up and won't come down. Tried re-booting, tried the I-pad no luck, Pillow case over the window for now. Red,yellow, gold, whatever works is a step in the right direction.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Thanks Dave I was doing great until I read your thread tonight.

Now my bedroom shade gave up and won't come down. Tried re-booting, tried the I-pad no luck, Pillow case over the window for now. Red,yellow, gold, whatever works is a step in the right direction.
Mike, Now I understand why Entegra was upset with me...I didn't realize I was causing yours and others shades to die. Oh well, guess I stepped too far.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #10

Thanks for stepping up to the plate for us. All mine have been replaced to the gold/yellow motors, only one of those have failed thus far.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:27 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
No thanks are necessary; I'm not sure if I accomplished anything. I'm sorry you have continued to have problems, as many have...I can only hope that when distributed, the new red motors will end this sad commentary. As with all, individuals should contact Entegra CS. I am not trying to represent any group concerns any longer and don't want to slow anyone's access to individual solutions.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:24 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Tried re-booting, tried the I-pad no luck.
Mike, just curious, what do you mean when you say you tried re-booting?
RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:03 PM   #13

Turn off the power to the coach (front entrance door red light with button). Wait 30 seconds, turn the switch back on. Let the bus power back up then try the windows. Sometimes that little trick of resetting makes things work again.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:01 AM   #14

Mike, I'll have to try that. Yesterday I officially joined the "bad shade" club and I'm having my first replacement motor sent out to me now...

RedRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote