Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
Thanks to all who have chimed in on my first set of Entegra questions. Now for the second round.

We are interested in the Anthem 42RBQ and have reviewed the list of standards for the coach from the Entegra website. I have a few questions that hopefully some of you who have an Entegra can answer.

Q#1: Under Driver Compartment Amenities is a listing for "Powered stepwell cover with pinch resistance technology". What exactly is "pinch resistance technology"? My simple mind comes up with a safety feature which prevents the cover from smashing a foot etc much like a safety switch on a garage door. Yes? No?

Q#2: Under Heat, Power and Water Equipment is listed "Surge suppressor". Is this the transfer switch or something like a PI EMS-HW50C?

Q#2a: Is there a battery minder type device installed for keeping the chassis batteries topped off?

Q#3: Under Standard Bathroom Equipment is listed the Thetford Aria Porcelain stool. Since the 42RBQ has a bath in the rear, is the toilet there a macerator toilet?

Q#4: Under Standard Exterior Equipment is listed 3M front protective film mask. I've watched some videos online for this coach and the salesman say the coating is Diamond Shield. Which is it?

Q#5: Under Standard Safety Equipment is listed "Security System". Are they talking alarm system like on a car?

Q#6: What is the typical turn-around time for delivery after placing an order? I spoke with a salesman today from LazyDays in Tucson and he said 4 to 6 weeks. I would think it would be more.

Q#7: Have any of you added a Winegard Slimline Travler (Directv HD) dish antenna? Is the coach prewired for one?
I noticed that there have been a couple hundred views on this particular thread but no help on my questions. Thinking that my questions are buried at the end and not being seen. So I'm moving to a new thread "Entegra Anthem 42RBQ new purchase questions" hoping for renewed visibility. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:25 PM   #16

we've had our Anthem RBQ for about 3 months, I'll try to answer, as best I can your questions, by the way we love the coach, coming from a 2004 Monaco Dynasty 42'

Thanks to all who have chimed in on my first set of Entegra questions. Now for the second round.

We are interested in the Anthem 42RBQ and have reviewed the list of standards for the coach from the Entegra website. I have a few questions that hopefully some of you who have an Entegra can answer.

Q#1: Under Driver Compartment Amenities is a listing for "Powered stepwell cover with pinch resistance technology". What exactly is "pinch resistance technology"? My simple mind comes up with a safety feature which prevents the cover from smashing a foot etc much like a safety switch on a garage door. Yes? No? [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Not[/COLOR] Not sure

Q#2: Under Heat, Power and Water Equipment is listed "Surge suppressor". Is this the transfer switch or something like a PI EMS-HW50C? No I added my HW50c between the transfer switch and incoming power reel.

Q#2a: Is there a battery minder type device installed for keeping the chassis batteries topped off? Yes, 2 one main , other slave off the magnum inverters

Q#3: Under Standard Bathroom Equipment is listed the Thetford Aria Porcelain stool. Since the 42RBQ has a bath in the rear, is the toilet there a macerator toilet? Yes

Q#4: Under Standard Exterior Equipment is listed 3M front protective film mask. I've watched some videos online for this coach and the salesman say the coating is Diamond Shield. Which is it? Mine says Diamond Brite on the coach side

Q#5: Under Standard Safety Equipment is listed "Security System". Are they talking alarm system like on a car? Yes

Q#6: What is the typical turn-around time for delivery after placing an order? I spoke with a salesman today from LazyDays in Tucson and he said 4 to 6 weeks. I would think it would be more. Not sure , call the factory they're very helpful

Q#7: Have any of you added a Winegard Slimline Travler (Directv HD) dish antenna? Is the coach prewired for one? Winegard In motion dish was std on ours

Hope this helps and my cut and paste worked.

Mario, 2013 Anthem, 2013 Avalanche

Old 06-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Mario

First congrats on your new coach! I'm sure you are going to be over joyed with your choice.

I appreciate you answering my questions. I can help out with Q#1 and the pinch resistant technology. Let's say a child is standing in the step well and the cover switch is accidentally engaged, upon contacting the child's leg it will apply a little pressure but then retract.

Q#6 - order turn around time. I just ordered an Anthem 44DLQ and it will be ready in January. So turn around time for a custom order is approx 7 months.

Q#7 - we too will have the in motion Winegard dome. The only problems with it is that If you have Directv, the in motion does not receive HD programming. Plus inherent with all domes is that if it is raining or the dome has dew on it, they typically don't work at all regardless of which satellite service you have. We will be adding the Winegard Slimline Trav'ler dish which works only when stationary but with directv, it gets us full HD. My dealer is checking with the factory to see if they will pre-wire the dish for us.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #18

I asked to have my coach prewired for a dish traveller, but they informed me that there techs do not have the experience for them to feel comfortable to install anything for the traveller. We were told to call precision to see what they could do for us after we took delivery. They installed the King Dome on our old TS. as well as new paint job and other things before we moved up to the Entegra Anthem.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #19

Keep us informed on your efforts to get the "GOOD" dish installed. Enquiring minds want to know. Seems like a no brainer, Entegra accepts nothing less than top quality in so many areas then puts a crappy dome antenna on top when the best dish on the market would cost little if any more to put on and have the best reception available. But......all just my opinion.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
For us we would like to have the best of both worlds with our Directv - the in motion dome so the DW can watch while we are on the move and then the Trav'ler so we have HD when we are parked.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene
Keep us informed on your efforts to get the "GOOD" dish installed. Enquiring minds want to know. Seems like a no brainer, Entegra accepts nothing less than top quality in so many areas then puts a crappy dome antenna on top when the best dish on the market would cost little if any more to put on and have the best reception available. But......all just my opinion.
Completely agree!

4 HD TV's with SD content? Ugh!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:07 AM   #22

we had King dome on our Travel supreme and never had an issue. With winegard I lost service as I was pulling out of my camping spot in New orleans. No treees or any other blockage. I told Joyce that winegard was the cheapest in motion dome and there are better ones, but to no avail we have winegard. On our 2012 the winegard quit completely. it would find the signal, but no programming. Hooked up to a dish in the yard an voila signal. Tried it at the factory to show them and doesn't work. put the box in the new coach and it worked(for now). We'll be putting the Dish traveller on ASAP.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

In-motion domes are different. Tiffin had been using KingDome for may years but recently switched to Winegard due to too many issues with the KingDomes. Most Tiffin owners agree and like the new Winegards. In our case, we've had two KingDomes (2004 and 2007 Allegro Bus) and they have held up well. They get "lost" every now and then and it's a pain to recalibrate them but they haven't failed mechanically. I giuess everyone gets a good dome or a lemon every now and then, regardless of brand.

The biggest issue with any dome is the inability to receive HD DirecTV programming, which resides on the KA band satelites. That's why most owners switch over to the Winegard Travler SK-3005. It's not a dome but it's fully automatic and receives both SD and HD feeds. We will be switching over to the Travler. I thought about keeping the KingDome and running it while we travel and the Travler when parked but I found out that it's not that easy to switch between them. I have external jacks that connect to our HD dish at home so that we can view our HD programming in the coach when in our driveway. An A/B switch makes that a simple conversion and an additional switch could be used to select between the KingDome and Travler once it is added.

However, it's not that simple. When switching between the KingDome and HD house feed I need to change the satellite from a dual LNB round configuration to a 5 LNB oval setting. This takes a while to lock in. Once it's locked in, all of my channel guide selections are invalid because the HD channels are different than the SD channels, even though the channel numbers are identical. So, I have two channel guide listings saved and labelled one as SD and the other as HD.

Whenever I switch between HD and SD I need to run my setup all over and change the dish parameters. Once that's done I need to switch to the other channel guide. It then takes a few hours for the guide to come up to speed so that it can look two weeks in advance as it needs to relearn it all. Finally, any season pass that I've saved that was tied to the HD channel won't record thre same program on the SD channel so I need to modify that as well.

The moral of this (rather long ) story is that running both an SD dome and an HD Travler isn't as easy as it seems. Therefore I will scrap my idea of keeping the dome and remove it when I install my Travler.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
As always, Mark, a very informative post. What you say makes perfect sense so we probably will have our dealer remove the in motion and install the Trav'ler in its place. I'm confused enough.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
What are thoughts/comments on the solar panel, basement freezer, and mobileye options on the Anthem? Thanks
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #26

Options

Mobile eye, worthless
Solar panels, good but too expensive although I ordered them.
Basement frig-freezer, for the same money you can buy the larger freezer and slide tray and install them in the front comp on the passenger side. That's what I did and the frig-freezer is twice the size that comes as an option unless Entegra has started installing the larger frig. In the front compartment which I doubt.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:22 PM   #27

I have a little different view on the Mobile Eye. While it does not do a lot for you when you total attention and focus is on the road, we all wonder our attention a little at times and it is just another safety feature for these times. Besides, my reaction time is not a good as it was when I was twenty, therefore I appreciate the warning when I get within 2 seconds of the car in front of me and it brings my focus on the traffic ahead. Even if it just saves you front creeping into the car in front of you at a stoplight it will pay for itself many times over. These coaches are very expensive to repair and the lost time and use of a coach while on the road can spoil a great trip. I know it is not a huge advantage but in the time I have had mine, i have come to appreciate it as another safety item that I am really glad to have. All just my experience with it and opinion.
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Mobile Eye - Glad I purchased it. I agree with Ann n Gene above. I'm pushing 45,000+ pounds down the road and anything that I can do to aid and assist in that traveling will be occurring safely is well worth it.

Solar Panels - I ordered them also, but the dealer screwed up and didn't bother to tell the factory to install them. Now I'm trying to get the dealer to refund the money I already paid so I can make other arrangements to have solar panels installed.

Outside Refrig/Freezer - Not sure exactly how much I will use them, but it's there and definitely won't hurt when and if it's time to sell. Self install is cheaper as stated above, but it's also to just do it and be done with it.

Safe Travels...

motorhomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote