Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Shopping Entegra

Hi All

First post here and have some questions for those of you who have an Entegra. My wife and I are in the market for a new coach. Have to admit that we've only considered a Tiffin Allegro Bus but recently heard about the Entegra. We plan to visit the factory this fall. If and when we get ready to solicite bids, what dealers do you like and what kind of % discounts are typical. We live in AZ but distance is of no concern. Best price with a great PDI is of more importance. Thanks in advance for your help. Safe travels!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
We've owned one Phaeton (40') and two Allegro Buss's (40' and 43') and have a Cornerstone on order. That said... The best price I could find was at Orlando RV in Orlando, FL. Jenn (extension 309) is our sales person and has been great.

motorhomeguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Allegro Bus and Winnebago Tour were on our short list until we took a good look at Entegra. Now we have a new Aspire due in about a month. There is a thread here titled "Entegra Production" that might be worth a read. We got the best prices from MHSRV in TX and Orlando RV. TX could have given us a faster delivery, Orlando gave us the best price, and for us, the bottom line was more important. We dealt with Robin (the Sales Mgr.). So far, it has been a great experience. If you want to check out TX, Robert Easly (Easy) is about the greatest sales guy you could ever hope to find. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those dealerships.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

We all have experiences when buying and they are all different, I will give you my two cents on my experience. Shopped Phaeton, Allegro and Tour. Test drove them all, once I sat behind the Entegra (super quite) we purchased the Entegra. Took delivery in March and the factory has gone the extra distance to resolve small squeaks etc... with a local RV shop. I also talked to MHSRV in texas and Orlando and a SC dealer. All three dealers where great and at least in February, you could get up to 31% off list. With the waiting list that may not be the case today. I even had one dealer that had one on the lot lower his price even lower but my wife did not like the color and options.
I visited Lazydays in Florida (I like their crown club) earlier that winter and they said call them with my best price and they will beat it. Sure enough they did , I also had them put in upgrades, 110 v outlets PS, tile in the master (option at that time), custom carpet when you walk in (Entegra comes with their own but LD replaced it with a more durable carpet custom cut including steps), windshield wiper covers just to mention the short list. I had additional upgrades and if Entegra didn't do it LD did it at their own facilities during PDI under the supervision of Entegra. I asked for all these items plus others before they ordered it and they agreed in writing.
When the unit arrived at LD, the PDI was excellent, you stay on LD facilities (full hookup) and each morning while it is in PDI the rep comes around and ask you if any questions or if something didn't work. Then they fixed it. You get to take it out for a drive during the day and come back and ask them questions. They even had a maid that came out in the morning to see if it needed cleaning. Oh yeah while you are there you get 3 meals a day prepared at the crown club room as a member no charge. Needless to say we stayed for almost two weeks in PDI, I had extras installed, shopped at Camping world (it is attached to LD) enjoyed the pool and club house and met other new owners. Great job by LD. They have an LD in Arizona as well. Like I said they are all great to deal with, in the end I was all about price and delivery at the time of sale, LD met and exceeded my criteria plus I get to go to Tampa every winter and enjoy the Crown Club amenities. I guess I am in the LD family! I hope this helps you in your decision process.

2012 Aspire 42DLQ
Old 06-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Great relies - thanks for sharing.

I've gone to http://www.rvcruzer.com/pricing.php and found price listings for Tiffin products. Any idea where I can go to find a similar sheet for Entegras showing base MSRP plus option prices. These are great for planning a bid and of course, checking initial pricing.
Old 06-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #6

You can Build and Price a Jayco right on their website... Just curious, why does "best price" even matter when traveling all around for tours, dealers etc... is a large expense in itself + if your planning on purchasing months from now "todays price" means nothing.
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaEagle View Post
You can Build and Price a Jayco right on their website... Just curious, why does "best price" even matter when traveling all around for tours, dealers etc... is a large expense in itself + if your planning on purchasing months from now "todays price" means nothing.
I guess it's all just part of being prudent in my planning process. While I will visit the factories to see the building process and the quality of materials inside the walls etc, I have no plans to visit every dealer. All bids can be done via email and telephone. When I purchased my first Tiffin, I test drove locally and then purchased 1500+ miles away in Mississippi saving 27%. Don't need a dealer for service and to this day have never used the local Tiffin dealer.

As far as going to Build and Price on the Entegra site, yes they give MSRP but no individual prices for the options so there is no way to tell how much additional we are talking. At least that is the way I'm seeing it. If I'm missing something, please let me know.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #8

I'm looking at the site.

An Aspire 42DEQ is an MSRP of $350,400.00
Interior selections (wood, decor, exterior colors) are not an upcharge...

$187.00 - add 12cu ft fridge w/ icemaker
$712.00 - add Canadian Standars
$600.00 - add fireplace
$720.00 - add LED TV, front overhead
$562.00 - add porc.tile in bedroom
$2,249.00 - add washer/dryer
$1,574.00 - add Wineguard Dome satelite...
Old 06-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I'll look again. Thanks!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #10

Fully loaded with all options, MSRP - $357,004.00
Then add tax, delivery fee and whatever else...
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnolaEagle View Post
Fully loaded with all options, MSRP - $357,004.00
Then add tax, delivery fee and whatever else...
I'm going to drag out my Mac as I'm just not seeing this on my iPad. Thanks again.... I'll keep looking.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #12

That's probably the issue.. click on floorplan, click on ext.paint, click on wood and fabric... At the bottom will be the remaining options with the prices in "red"
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks to all who have chimed in on my first set of Entegra questions. Now for the second round.

We are interested in the Anthem 42RBQ and have reviewed the list of standards for the coach from the Entegra website. I have a few questions that hopefully some of you who have an Entegra can answer.

Q#1: Under Driver Compartment Amenities is a listing for "Powered stepwell cover with pinch resistance technology". What exactly is "pinch resistance technology"? My simple mind comes up with a safety feature which prevents the cover from smashing a foot etc much like a safety switch on a garage door. Yes? No?

Q#2: Under Heat, Power and Water Equipment is listed "Surge suppressor". Is this the transfer switch or something like a PI EMS-HW50C?

Q#2a: Is there a battery minder type device installed for keeping the chassis batteries topped off?

Q#3: Under Standard Bathroom Equipment is listed the Thetford Aria Porcelain stool. Since the 42RBQ has a bath in the rear, is the toilet there a macerator toilet?

Q#4: Under Standard Exterior Equipment is listed 3M front protective film mask. I've watched some videos online for this coach and the salesman say the coating is Diamond Shield. Which is it?

Q#5: Under Standard Safety Equipment is listed "Security System". Are they talking alarm system like on a car?

Q#6: What is the typical turn-around time for delivery after placing an order? I spoke with a salesman today from LazyDays in Tucson and he said 4 to 6 weeks. I would think it would be more.

Q#7: Have any of you added a Winegard Slimline Travler (Directv HD) dish antenna? Is the coach prewired for one?
Old 06-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnrp View Post
Thanks to all who have chimed in on my first set of Entegra questions. Now for the second round.

We are interested in the Anthem 42RBQ and have reviewed the list of standards for the coach from the Entegra website. I have a few questions that hopefully some of you who have an Entegra can answer.

Q#1: Under Driver Compartment Amenities is a listing for "Powered stepwell cover with pinch resistance technology". What exactly is "pinch resistance technology"? My simple mind comes up with a safety feature which prevents the cover from smashing a foot etc much like a safety switch on a garage door. Yes? No?

Q#2: Under Heat, Power and Water Equipment is listed "Surge suppressor". Is this the transfer switch or something like a PI EMS-HW50C?

Q#2a: Is there a battery minder type device installed for keeping the chassis batteries topped off?

Q#3: Under Standard Bathroom Equipment is listed the Thetford Aria Porcelain stool. Since the 42RBQ has a bath in the rear, is the toilet there a macerator toilet?

Q#4: Under Standard Exterior Equipment is listed 3M front protective film mask. I've watched some videos online for this coach and the salesman say the coating is Diamond Shield. Which is it?

Q#5: Under Standard Safety Equipment is listed "Security System". Are they talking alarm system like on a car?

Q#6: What is the typical turn-around time for delivery after placing an order? I spoke with a salesman today from LazyDays in Tucson and he said 4 to 6 weeks. I would think it would be more.

Q#7: Have any of you added a Winegard Slimline Travler (Directv HD) dish antenna? Is the coach prewired for one?
Wow! Go to the Jayco owners forum (they make Entegra). Last I read order lead times are WELL into the new year!

Kathryn

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote