Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #15

I have a great set of cameras on my 2013, by far the best I have had on any RV. It puzzles me why they thought they needed to change to an inferior set of cameras. I have to back around two corners to get on my pad at the lake where it spends a lot of time and the cameras I have do a great job. My neighbors new 2015 Anthem has poor quality cameras and the monitor can not be set on the rear camera along, which would make it very difficult for me to back around the corners to get on my pad. I hope they see the error in their ways and go back to the system in use in 2013 before I decide to trade. all JMHO.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2014, 04:38 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by halla View Post
I have the same issue, I was looking online today to find replacements, has anyone started to search yet?
I'm more interested in the rear camera, as that's the one I use the most.

Is there any way to replace it with a Voyager

I really liked the Voyager cameras on my previous coach. Would it be plug & play or are the video connectors proprietary?

I also really miss the guide-lines that would pop up on the screen when backing up. Very handy.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I have a great set of cameras on my 2013, by far the best I have had on any RV. It puzzles me why they thought they needed to change to an inferior set of cameras. I have to back around two corners to get on my pad at the lake where it spends a lot of time and the cameras I have do a great job. My neighbors new 2015 Anthem has poor quality cameras and the monitor can not be set on the rear camera along, which would make it very difficult for me to back around the corners to get on my pad. I hope they see the error in their ways and go back to the system in use in 2013 before I decide to trade. all JMHO.
I agree. On my 2013 Aspire, the camera had great color and was adjustable; I really like it. I don't like the camera system on my 2015 Anthem. On the camera monitor, it has side camera view insets...which are useless because they're too small to see anything (even if the color was right) which basically renders the whole monitor useless because it blocks the rear view camera; add to that the fact that everything in the side cameras appears purple when you turn on your blinker for the side view and the entire system is really worthless.

So, I went behind the inlay panel and reversed the RCA inputs so that the rear camera view that formally appeared radio screen now appears in the rear view camera monitor. I just swapped the radio view to the monitor. That eliminated the two side view camera inset views opening up the entire monitor screen to just the rear view. Now, when i put on my blinker the rear view monitor switches to side view (just like in 2013 Aspire did) and the top monitor shows the rear view (not the side view) with the side view camera insets. The rear view camera works pretty good and now, without the side view insets, it's useful to me again. This work-around may not work for everybody, but I hated those side view insets because they were too small to see and blocked my rear view...so, they're gone now! However, I still want to get the color issue resolved so that I can get some use from the side cameras. If anybody gets it fixed, please post!!
donkhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RW8804
I've played with the connections and settings as well, but I do not recall exactly what I did.

I have the rear monitor showing on the lower screen always, without the side view insets. I leave the upper monitor on the radio or whatever I care to see, and the appropriate side view replaces any such image when a blinker is on. I leave the GPS on the 32 inch, and sometimes on the upper screen.

With this setup, I always can see the GPS, the rear view and the appropriate side view. I may be wrong, but I think I observe that the resolution of the lower monitor is better than the upper, so I like the rear view on the lower so I can see as much detail as possible.

Meanwhile, I do agree that the side view images are not the best.
RW8804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:44 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
I'm more interested in the rear camera, as that's the one I use the most.

Is there any way to replace it with a Voyager

I really liked the Voyager cameras on my previous coach. Would it be plug & play or are the video connectors proprietary?

I also really miss the guide-lines that would pop up on the screen when backing up. Very handy.
I think the Voyager has proprietary connections, but adapters to standard RCA are available. It would be cool to see those backup lines. In my old coach, I had a clear plastic overlay on my screen that showed the backup lines. I miss that.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #20

Robert, I would be really interested on exactly what connections you changed. I could live with that set up much better than the way it comes from the factory.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #21

Ours is setup just like Jerry's. And ditto x ?? on purple/dark video. Also, is it just me experiencing several seconds delay from the time I activate the turn signal before video from side camera kicks in?
Diesel Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Robert, I would be really interested on exactly what connections you changed. I could live with that set up much better than the way it comes from the factory.
Gene, I hope I can help. I'll be back at the coach in a few days, but it depends on weather. When I know my schedule, I'll contact you and perhaps we can compare wiring and settings while on the phone. Does that make sense?

Then maybe we can document it all on the forum.

Chuck, if you learn more from CS tomorrow, that will also help or perhaps solve the wiring/setting issue, but not the poor display issue.

What I do recall is that there are several cables labelled "video" that are not connected to anything.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:19 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Gene, I just noticed that you have a 2013. This could be a different setup entirely, as I think the lower display is different.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #24

It IS a different setup, I like mine but am considering trading in the not too distant future. Right now trying to help a neighbor with a 2015 with the same concerns, his coach is at the farm, 75 miles away so we can not work on the phone til he brings it home. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
It IS a different setup, I like mine but am considering trading in the not too distant future. Right now trying to help a neighbor with a 2015 with the same concerns, his coach is at the farm, 75 miles away so we can not work on the phone til he brings it home. Sorry for the confusion.
OK, please get in touch when your friend gets the 2015 home.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #26

Will do, Thanks Robert.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Diva View Post
Ours is setup just like Jerry's. And ditto x ?? on purple/dark video. Also, is it just me experiencing several seconds delay from the time I activate the turn signal before video from side camera kicks in?
Mine has the delay as well going on and off.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Does anyone like the new cameras? We traded our 2013 for a 2015 and have found most everything that was changed is of a lesser quality. If it was possible to have a "DO OVER" I would not have traded. Just my experience.

Dave

Tags
camera