Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Silly Question

I've always wonder why the Aspire 42's and the Anthem 42's are really 43 feet and the Anthem 44 is really 45, but the Cornerstone 45 really is 45. Is there some marketing idea that I'm missing? Is it better to market on the "lower" end by making it even numbers? There has to be some hidden agenda....doesn't there?

2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
It has always amazed me that the RV industry seems to be the only one that UNDERSTATES a spec. Everyone else Overstates specs. You know, the boombox with "1000 watts peak music power" that would struggle to put out an honest 10 watts RMS at under 1% distortion. Or my favorite - A car model that's introduced in February and advertised as next year's model.

I understand calling a 45 a 45, since that's the longest legal length.

2008 Itasca Meridian 37H & 2015 Flagstaff T12RBST
2011 & 2012 Len & Pat's "One lap of America"
27K miles & 41 states in 13 months - Woo Woo
Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Entegra Owners Club
Not sure if this has any bearing, but when we were reserving a campsite one evening I told the campground that we were 43' with a toad. She said she would just put us down as 42' since her computer didn't have a 43' setting. Made me think that Entegra had just complied with industry standards. Doesn't clarify why those standards were set, but our 40' Beaver was actually 41' long....seems to be a pattern.
Linda & Rick
2013 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ, 2014 G/C Summit
Lola, Dixie, Sammy & Ellis (small barking machines)
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote