Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
DnG

skidding on jacks???

Hello all, we have a new entegra aspire 42rbq, when I park it and push the auto level button the coach, as designed, dumps air from the suspension after the jacks have come down a certain distance. Once the coach system has dumped for a bit the jacks hit the ground....all normal up to this point right?....OK but with this one, the jacks go into auto level and a very short time after they have picked up some weight of the coach they...the jacks that is...skid, mostly noticed this on the front 2 jacks, they will skid on asphalt, gravel...I assume what ever they are touching. The 40 foot aspire we had previous did no such thing....is this normal for the longer coaches with a tag to do this....several of you have the anthems with spartan chassis, do your jacks have forward movement once the auto level sequence begins?? I appreciate any input I can get here as the dealer is telling me this is normal and the only comparrison I have is the coach we owned breifly before upgrading to the bigger one. BTW the new one is sitting on a spartan chassis, the 40 foot was on a freightliner chassis.

Thanks again.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
DnG I don't think that is an issue. The front jacks on the HWH system (you don't say what brand jacks you have) spread out in the front as the deploy causing them to slide outward slightly. Often you will hear a popping sound when they retract because what goes out must come in; when they start back in there is a lot of weight on them.

Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Ours does it sometimes when the jacks retract.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM   #4

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I put blocks under our DSDP's jacks, I have to put them about 6" forward of the jacks center. It slides forward as the rear air suspension deflates. HWH system also although I don't think that has any bearing since it happens when the rear goes down and that's not a function of the jacks.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #5

DnG,

We have an Anthem; I have never experienced skidding...or anything similar. Granted, we've only owned the coach since the middle of Feb. But in our limited experience it's atypical.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #6
DnG

Thanks for the quick replies, not sure what brand the auto level system is, what ever entegra is putting in the new coaches. The motion I see is a forward motion, side to side it does not seem to move. Sounds like there are a least a couple of you have had the experiance, as Mr_D states below,

"I put blocks under our DSDP's jacks, I have to put them about 6" forward of the jacks center. It slides forward as the rear air suspension deflates. HWH system also although I don't think that has any bearing since it happens when the rear goes down and that's not a function of the jacks."

This is only our second experiance with a MH, both entegras and yet so different in the way they react to the deployment of the auto level system, I am not so worried for when we are parking on the hard pack or ashpalt, my concern is when the going gets a little softer, such as some of our provincial camp grounds, I have seen the jacks sink in a bit, and am worried about them not being so able to skid, and with that maybe cause damage to the system.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The jacks are not rigidly attached to the frame and will flex a bit to even out the load. Entegra uses a double acting jack levelling system by Equalizer Systems that is much better than HWH but the flex is common to both. Our 42" tag axle Tiffin with HWH does the same thing, usually when retracting. I even know of one person who parked too close to something, maybe it was a rain gutter, and when he retracted the jacks the coach moved forward a bit and the windshield cracked when it hit the obstruction. It's normal with the way the weight shifts and is more prevalent if the surface is more out of level. You just need to allow a bit of room around the coach and don't park it too close to something.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks