Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2017, 10:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Slide inop

The passenger front slide on my 13 Anthem just stopped this evening. It worked fine when we closed up this morning in Indio Ca and in Tucson Lazydays KOA and it does nothing. The rest of the slides work just fine. I tried turning off the master switch foe a few seconds and then back on bot nada. Any suggestions? On our way to Kerrville, TX for the rally

Thanks,

Duncan Holt
Duncanholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2017, 10:33 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Assuming your slide is stuck "in" go under and check the pin first. If it looks good give the motor a somewhat gentle whack to knock carbon off the brushes. The reason I asked about the pin is it keeps the slide in if traveling. If the motor does not respond make sure and press the slide from inside to make sure it does not go out!, before you travel. Not sure on the 13's if there is a fuse or Breaker for each slide motor.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:10 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
In the forward electrical compartment, outside under the driver seat are the slide controllers and circuit breakers for the slides. I believe the location on each is marked, also in the Entegra owners manual.

If it is not the resetable circuit breaker, you can jump power to the control to get the slide to work. I don't remember the procedure without looking at it, but it is posted here or a call to CS. https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com

If the slide is stuck out and it is the motor, you can remove the bed slide motor and use that motor to get the slide in.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:24 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
As Chuck said in the electrical compartment there are relays and CBs for each slide. Have DW hit the affected slide button while running a test light on the output side of that controller. If the CB relay combo is bad it is possible to switch the wires around and use a different controller for an already closed slide. If power is good, it's the motor. Try the whack thing but you may need to swap motors with another. Bed slide being the easiest. It's not really hard but after you get the slide in you need make sure you secure the slide where you removed motor from against sliding open on the road. Either replace the good motor with the bad or in my case I used a couple vise grips on the rotating shaft. A motor will set you back about $350. I tried to find them on eBay or internet without success last year. It will require you order one thru a dealer (new Entegra policy).
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:14 AM   #5

If it's the circuit breaker (looks kinda like a fuse, but not), you can replace it with one of the other fuses for another slide and see if it starts working. I carry spares.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:40 AM   #6

If it uses controllers just swap one from the other slide to close it. Then order one from Entegra or whoever. If swapping the controller does not work cut the wires close to the motor and then take the battery from a 12 v electric screwdriver and use it to open or close the slide. The slide motors very rarely give out.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Slide inop

Thanks to all who answered. Knowing where the fuses and circuit breakers are located really helped. I found the wire going to (or coming from) the panel had slipped off the spade connector. Pushed it back on and all is well. After 11 years in a Monaco I knew just about all of the tricks. New coach and new learning curve

Thank again,

Duncan Holt
Duncanholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:19 AM   #8

Thanks for closing the loop on this one, may help someone else in the future
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
I love it when the simple things work first. Thanks for posting the fix.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide