Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #1

Slide issue 2014 Anthem

Once in a while, more lately, my bedroom vanity slide will not extend. The self resetting circuit breaker just clicks off then on then off. I called CS and they suggested a swapping the 12.5 amp breaker for the 5 amp breaker. This worked one time but last time I had to put a 15 amp fuse in to get it to move. I really don't like doing that but once it starts I runs smoothly. Anyone else have this issue? I am hoping there is nothing loose but I cannot find the motor so I cannot check. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry Tony, sounds like trip to a repair facility for adjustment and maybe a new motor. Do the rollers seem like they roll easily across the floor, or does that slide "pop up" and then roll in. Maybe there is binding in the first couple inches of movement. I would think most of the work of the motor is in the first 1-2 secs of travel. I have occassionally seen screws sticking up that are on the edges of the slide that may momentarily bind.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:51 AM   #3

I agree, a repair shop may be in my future. It does not seem to pop just has trouble breaking free. Once it starts it runs freely. Did not see any screws or obstructions. Everything runs fine when it runs. It does not happen every time.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Are you on Jacks when you try to put your slides out?
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #5

Slides out first then jacks.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Just checking.....I think you'll require an adjustment....kinda like going to a chiropractor.....for your slide!

Wmpbauer
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #7

I had that same problem. Started not long before we had an appointment at the factory, they found it a little out of adjustment. Adjusted it and have not had the problem since.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I had a little sticking problem before my trade. I'd have DW hit the extend button and I'd ride the slide Holding down the top to keep from jamming while extending. Worked as we were heading to shop for repairs/adjustment.

That said, the slide motors are the same for all slides and are interchangeable (and not that hard to switch although that doesn't seem in order). It seems that the motors can adjust the amount of power applied by the size of the fuse. How do I know...I did a stupid and jammed something in the slide/coach opening and the motor at 5 amps would budge the slide to come out. PJ had me pull a 20 amp from another circuit and place in the circuit for the vanity slide (and its 5 amp fuse). That worked, got the slide out and removed the obstacle causing the sticking, and then switched the fuse back. Maybe that would help till you can get an adjustment.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyd51 View Post
Once in a while, more lately, my bedroom vanity slide will not extend. The self resetting circuit breaker just clicks off then on then off. I called CS and they suggested a swapping the 12.5 amp breaker for the 5 amp breaker. This worked one time but last time I had to put a 15 amp fuse in to get it to move. I really don't like doing that but once it starts I runs smoothly. Anyone else have this issue? I am hoping there is nothing loose but I cannot find the motor so I cannot check. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Must vary with floorplan but on my 42 RBQ the motor is just above the rear wheels and is accessed from outside via the wheel well. It is the hardest one to get at. It is also the only motor and mechanism that is "outside" and more exposed to road debris and the elements. There is a sheet metal cover over it but it is not water or dust tight.

Rob
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM   #10

Confusing, today I tried the slide and it DI not move. Pulled the 5 amp and replaced with a 15 amp fuse per CS. Blew the fuse right away. Decided to leave the slide in. After leveling the coach I decided to try a 10 amp self resetting breaker. It worked without a hitch. Go figure. Sounds like an alignment issue for sure.

Tags
slide