RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #1

Slide module location

I'm looking for the location of the slide out controller module for a 2013 Anthem 42DEQ. The large driver side slide seems to be closing to tightly. It applies to much toqure to the drive motor as I can see the motor trying to twist. I'm looking for the control module to try reducing the amperage control to see if that will reduce the over toquring of the slide motor. Any one know where I need to look?

Turn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2017, 06:35 PM   #2

Look in the bay under drivers window. Fuses are to the front of the coach ,slide controls will be next to the fuses(toward the back of the coach). Hope this makes sense and helps.

fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 06:47 PM   #3

I found the slide control board there but not the control module amperage adjustment. The 4 controllers must be located in a different place or I'm missing something.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:19 PM   #4

I was told the amperage was controlled by the fuse rating. Now that I think of it they said to use higher amp fuse to add more power to the motor. What about changing the hate stop adjustment? I know on our coach I let off the button as soon as I hear it strain (which I believe is when it hits the stop)
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn1 View Post
I'm looking for the location of the slide out controller module for a 2013 Anthem 42DEQ. The large driver side slide seems to be closing to tightly. It applies to much toqure to the drive motor as I can see the motor trying to twist. I'm looking for the control module to try reducing the amperage control to see if that will reduce the over toquring of the slide motor. Any one know where I need to look?

The control panel for the slides is in the electrical compartment below the drivers window. On our 2013 there is no adjustment that I am aware of. Just let go of the retract switch as soon as it is closed. If you are using the remote it will not stop the instant you let go of the retract nor will it automatically stop just as it is in. There is a bit of over-run delay letting off the retract when using the remote to retract. Use the switch in the cabinet over the door to bring the slide in. Stop holding down the button as soon as the slide is retracted. I find that if the slide is sucked in too hard there will be a bit of a gap in the middle of the slide where the sidewall of the slide will be inboard of the lower cargo door trim panel. Just bump the slide back out ever so slightly by tapping the extend button very briefly to take the strain off the retract mechanism and the side of the slide will then align with the lower panel with no gap. Cannot make this fine adjustment to retract using the remote. it does not respond immediately to a "jog" command. Also have to have the cummins off to jog the extend to align with "extend". Slides will come in with the ignition on , motor running but will not extend.

From inside watch the slide retract at the ceiling. You can see the clearance to the ceiling and when the slide is fully retracted you will see the inboard edge push up slightly. Easy to see the slide clerance to the ceiling decrease at full retract. When you jog it to extend the gap to the ceiling will increase as the preloaded tension on the slide is reduced a bit. The tension is so great that it will bow the middle of the slide wall inward about 3/4 inch causing the gap. When it relaxes and the gap to the ceiling increases it will give you a good idea the outside will line up....but go check it to get the feel of how much to tap the extend to get the inward bow out of the slide at the bottom edge.

BTW....if this coach is new to you you might want to look for the green antennae wire in the electrical compartment. It should be hanging out one end of the slide control board/module. If you cannot find a green wire it is probably trapped behind the board. Loosen the four mounting screws and pull the green antennae wire out and dangle it in space inside the enclosure. The remote works much better if the antennae is deployed instead of rolled up behind the board. It might work so well you can release the retract on the remote at the proper moment to get good alignment flush at the bottom.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #6

Slide controller

I talked with Steve at Entegra today and he said they quit using the amperage adjustable controller in 2011 or 2012. The 2013 units only have the slide control board and the threaded rods are the only adjustment for the slides.
Thanks to those who contributed.

Tags
cat, slide