Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #1

Slide out awnings toppers

Got up to clean the slide out toppers today, the awnings that cover the slide outs are always dirty looking:( Found this, looks like on the drivers slide they had drilled part way for the pilot hole, but never put the screw in to hold the "piping" that works as a stop. Also, no rigid piping as the others slide outs have to help hold as a stop to keep from pulling away so awning is beginning to tear away because there is no stop. After more investigation the passenger slide has the screw, but again no piping and starting to tear because only the screw is there to hold. Glad they got it together these days for quality control, at least we found it before we are out of warranty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers topper.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	171.3 KB
ID:	122437  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2016, 07:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsetranch View Post
Got up to clean the slide out toppers today, the awnings that cover the slide outs are always dirty looking:( Found this, looks like on the drivers slide they had drilled part way for the pilot hole, but never put the screw in to hold the "piping" that works as a stop. Also, no rigid piping as the others slide outs have to help hold as a stop to keep from pulling away so awning is beginning to tear away because there is no stop. After more investigation the passenger slide has the screw, but again no piping and starting to tear because only the screw is there to hold. Glad they got it together these days for quality control, at least we found it before we are out of warranty.
Had the same issue on our 2014 Anthem. Entegra pulled them and sent them to the mfg for piping to be retrofitted at our two year PDI.

edit: the screws weren't missing, the edge was coming out because of the lack of piping as you noted.

RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #3

Picking our 2014 Aspire DEQ tomorrow at entegra, they had to replace all of our slide toppers. They were dry rotting and tearing at the seams.
Armye7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 08:36 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks for the heads up to check mine before my PDI.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:42 PM   #5

Thanks to those who commented, I recommend everyone to take that ladder trip before they are out of warranty, you would be surprised what you might see. Actually ours looks a little like it is rotting too? We store in our shop in California with just 11k miles out 4 months a year max, so no reason for that. They want to send us the parts, but that's a lot of ladder time... not sure I want to spend that much time on the ladder to replace/install the piping and set screws. Asked Entegra to help find mobile repair local since the only decent shop place is in Bend, OR(8+ hours drive) and cant get there until warranty is up. Thinking its another 2014 oops...
Old 04-02-2016, 07:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Thanks to those who commented, I recommend everyone to take that ladder trip before they are out of warranty, you would be surprised what you might see. Actually ours looks a little like it is rotting too? We store in our shop in California with just 11k miles out 4 months a year max, so no reason for that. They want to send us the parts, but that's a lot of ladder time... not sure I want to spend that much time on the ladder to replace/install the piping and set screws. Asked Entegra to help find mobile repair local since the only decent shop place is in Bend, OR(8+ hours drive) and cant get there until warranty is up. Thinking its another 2014 oops...
A piece of coated wire works better than the piping and easier to get through. I believe it's a #10 wire. Noel
Old 04-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Great idea Noel.

I had to repair a couple of slide topper awning on the TS, and it wasn't that bad with the help of a neighbor. However not something I would want to do every year especially if it is bad material.
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 10:57 AM   #8

Thanks Noel, if it works better and is easier to work with I am in!
Old 04-02-2016, 11:35 AM   #9

Quote:
...Asked Entegra to help find mobile repair local since the only decent shop place is in Bend, OR(8+ hours drive) and cant get there until warranty is up. Thinking its another 2014 oops...
I also live in Northern California and have the same repair shop problem...Was given the name of a shop in Fresno by Entegra (don't have it here with me right now). Have you been given the same info? If so, how were they?

And yes, BCS in Bend is very good.

Also difficult to find a Spartan shop here that I trust.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #10

Sacramento Truck for sure the best Spartan shop around and very busy! They don't really do any of the non chassis stuff :(
Old 04-06-2016, 01:14 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Sacramento Truck for sure the best Spartan shop around and very busy! They don't really do any of the non chassis stuff :(

The guys in Fresno are Paul Evert's RV, where I bought my coach from. Great deal, but, after payment, you're done. Service is a crap shoot at best. Personally , I will never go back there again. We did stop at the Manteca Trailer and RV, and they seem to have a large service facility. They were recommended by CS. Discussed bringing our coach to them for service, and the service rep seemed apprehensive, if not outright defensive, to take our coach for any future repairs. Maybe he didn't like us. Bottom line is there are very few reliable service shops in Northern California for Entegra. 
3xbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:14 PM   #12

Fred, sent you PM....

Tags
awning, slide, slide out